MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

45 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I actually love the cover.  And there are a lot of remixes/instrumentals.  Twice as many tracks as the original album.  I really wish that it was a Vinyl release more than a CD.  

I hate the cover, you don’t mess with a masterpiece like the original cover. The other stuff was already released. I can only imagine the riot in here if the future deluxe will be something like that.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Do you really want True Blue 35 on cd? With that bad cover and without anything special included? 

I don't think of it as a "bad cover".  It's a great shot; it's just not as iconic as the original.  For me, it's okay for the digital 35th since it is simply a celebration of what is already out there.  I'm sure the re-issue of True Blue in the near future will still include what the 35th did, but I'm also confident it will include more.  That 35th cover shot and others from that photo shoot and others would be much welcomed as part of a whole box set for True Blue 40. 

I buy vinyls for the extra large cover, sometimes you have different cover,  and in case of madonna vinyls, different versions from CD maxi. I buy some promos because they contain exclusive remixes that, let's face it, we never gonna see in a reissue. It's a fact kiss kiss

I think they have a very good sound quality, like CD, for me. If you are a music lover, there's nothing like the experience to play a vinyl record. But that just a question of taste, I don't think which format it's better or not. Just the way you enjoy the music you listen to.

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’ve spent thousands on vinyl in the late 80s and 90s - no way am I going to invest in it again when CDs and blu rays are Cheaper , more durable and overall better quality- that’s why I find this reissue campaign so frustrating- so far no release has excites me … 🥹

Having seen your posts over the last couple of years, I honestly think nothing will ever excite you. Expressing disappointment on here is your brand and i hope somehow M does something or releases something that you'll enjoy one day.

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

It’s the prices and also vinyl fatigue. I just can’t keep up anymore 

The only time I had vinyl fatigue was all the pre-catalogue deal releases - eg the reprints circa 2012-2019 and I only bought the ones with the coloured vinyls.

I love that we are getting so many vinyls now - FEL was perfect with all the editions

I was so desperate for vinyl after the universal / interscope years where all we got from 2012 to 2019 was MDNA / Girl Gone Wild (Picture Disc) / Rebel Heart /  MX (4 variations including picture disc) and I Rise (RSD)  - that's really not much at all for 7 years vs what we have and will get now

But yes buy what you love :) 

9 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

The only time I had vinyl fatigue was all the pre-catalogue deal releases - eg the reprints circa 2012-2019 and I only bought the ones with the coloured vinyls.

I love that we are getting so many vinyls now - FEL was perfect with all the editions

I was so desperate for vinyl after the universal / interscope years where all we got from 2012 to 2019 was MDNA / Girl Gone Wild (Picture Disc) / Rebel Heart /  MX (4 variations including picture disc) and I Rise (RSD)  - that's really not much at all for 7 years vs what we have and will get now

But yes buy what you love :) 

Oh I was talking about the market in general. When it comes to Madonna I certainly don’t have fatigue. If anything I’d love even more releases lol. 
Unlike some here I really enjoyed what we got so far

Just now, thegoldencalf said:

Oh I was talking about the market in general. When it comes to Madonna I certainly don’t have fatigue. If anything I’d love even more releases lol. 
Unlike some here I really enjoyed what we got so far

Ha ha I have tunnel vision - the only physical releases I have bought since 2001 are Madonna and the last vinyl I bought was the 12" of Kylie Minogue's What Do I Have To Do all the way back in 1991 :) 

@wtg1987some good news for you

CD Sales Are Up and Merch Tables May Be the Reason

With average vinyl prices nearing $30 and manufacturing delays continuing to dog the format, compact discs are gaining in popularity as merch items.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-blackpink-selling-cds-vinyl-price-spikes/

17 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

@wtg1987some good news for you

CD Sales Are Up and Merch Tables May Be the Reason

With average vinyl prices nearing $30 and manufacturing delays continuing to dog the format, compact discs are gaining in popularity as merch items.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-blackpink-selling-cds-vinyl-price-spikes/

But now wtg1987 won't have anything to complain about :Madonna049:

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

I was referring more to the “EP Produced by Madonna” meaning this is something she personally curated, rather than something Rhino threw together. 

Because it's a new release. They would need her permission for that. Plus the press release mentions she's curating this stuff. If it's re-issuing something thats already been released before, they can do that without her like all the other warner RSD releases.

32 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Because it's a new release. They would need her permission for that. Plus the press release mentions she's curating this stuff. If it's re-issuing something thats already been released before, they can do that without her like all the other warner RSD releases.

Having her permission and having her produce are two different things. I just thought it was interesting as I haven’t noticed that on any of the other releases (presumably on FEL though). Clearly not interesting to others 🤣

Edited by planetbenjamin (see edit history)