MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

35 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Unfortunately. Kylie is probably the most underrated pop star of her generation. She's the Princess of Pop in terms of merit. After Madonna, she's the female pop star who's had the most impact and is rarely ever given the recognition she deserves. If by "America" you mean the US, yeah you're right, Kylie's said it herself. The US makes a huge difference and her crossover didn't succeed as expected but her catalogue is almost as big as Madonna's so it's only natural that some compare them although I agree they shouldn't be compared cause they could hardly be more different. They've both inspired each other MANY times but Madonna fans are not ready for that conversation. I love them both just as much :fantasy:. So Kylie is hardly a local act nor a one hit wonder. In the UK, DISCO sold 2 times more than Madame X and Rebel Heart combined. The world is waaaaay bigger than the US and Kylie's well known in all of Europe, Australia, Latinamerica etc. Madonna is the only Queen of Pop (by far) but Kylie is the Princess of Pop (outside the US). Not everything is measured by local numbers. If she was so "irrelevant" her name wouldn't keep popping up in here every other day. (Same thing I say on Kylie's forum when someone tries to drag Madonna over pretty much everything). 

I’ve nothing against Kylie, she’s harmless enough, I just haven’t seen her do anything with any heft. And no, not Impossible Princess and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Vocally, I’d say she’s on par with Britney. That’s just my opinion.

And yes, I am in the U.S. so I am only speaking based on what I’ve seen of her here. 

I do like a handful of her songs.

I have fond memories of roller skating to The Locomotion in 1988 when I was 10.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BuggedOut said:

I’ve nothing against Kylie, she’s harmless enough, I just haven’t seen her do anything with any heft. And no, not Impossible Princess and there’s nothing wrong with that.

And yes, I am in the U.S. so I am only speaking based on what I’ve seen of her here. 

Yeah. Nothing against Kylie yet the passive agressive comments are there. It's totally understandable that you don't like her but there's no need to undermine her success and her impact, that's all I'm saying. If you can't see it that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. She does play it safe most of the time and that's why I love her, Madonna doesn't and that's why I love her. Like I said, they're very different. Vocally she's amazing, nothing like Britney, she's no Monica Naranjo but she has a great voice and she's all in all a great performer. She's THE showgirl (best show woman after Madonna, she's actually been awarded for it) I love Britney too btw but there's just no comparison. As for the "harmless enough" comment, there's not a single artist who's ever represented a real threat to Madonna's status so I agree on that as well (just not on the intention). But back to your original post, I do agree they shouldn't be compared at all cause they couldn't be more different and comparisons in general are pointless.

What i really don't want, personally,  is something like that godawful Thriller25 and those trash Black Eyed Peas, Akon & Kanye remixes. I"d rather have no bonus and just a remastered album than that. It was the worst. Then again we got Thriller 40 last year and i understand perfectly why, while he was alive, Michael did not want those demos of unreleased tracks to be released, they are terribly generic. The best bonus material is demos or work in progress of the released songs.

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

This is just factually wrong. Kylie has an AMAZING voice and singing technique. Better than Gaga in my opinion.

Indeed! Here's a small clip of her vocal highlights in case there's any doubt. She's a trained strong vocalist.

17 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Yeah. Nothing against Kylie yet the passive agressive comments are there. It's totally understandable that you don't like her but there's no need to undermine her success and her impact, that's all I'm saying. If you can't see it that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. She does play it safe most of the time and that's why I love her, Madonna doesn't and that's why I love her. Like I said, they're very different. Vocally she's amazing, nothing like Britney, she's no Monica Naranjo but she has a great voice and she's all in all a great performer. She's THE showgirl (best show woman after Madonna, she's actually been awarded for it) I love Britney too btw but there's just no comparison. As for the "harmless enough" comment, there's not a single artist who's ever represented a real threat to Madonna's status so I agree on that as well (just not on the intention). But back to your original post, I do agree they shouldn't be compared at all cause they couldn't be more different and comparisons in general are pointless.

Nobody was undermining or being passive aggressive.

You love her voice and I think it’s incredibly thin like her sisters voice. 

This is a Madonna forum. I’m not going to go on Kylie’s forum and talk about someone I don’t love in a negative light. That wouldn’t make sense.

29 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

This is just factually wrong. Kylie has an AMAZING voice and singing technique. Better than Gaga in my opinion.

Goober has a good voice (it is a Broadway vibrato that I don’t care for), but I can’t stand her.

I don’t think Kylie has a good voice. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a good voice.

23 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Goober has a good voice (it is a Broadway vibrato that I don’t care for), but I can’t stand her.

I don’t think Kylie has a good voice. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a good voice.

That's fair. I don't like Christina Aguilera's voice for example but I do know she's a great vocalist, I just don't enjoy her style.

But back on topic, I think Kylie was originally brought into this discussion regarding the reissues of her first 4 albums and I do wish Madonna's reissues were like those! Just a little thinner cause the boxes are a bitch to store! Kinda like this one. It's probably the most beautiful reissue of an album I own. Very complete too. I'd love Warner to reissue her discography like this. The box is also big but not as wide as Kylie's Cherry Red reissues

71RgRicbwIL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

3 hours ago, tscott said:

Don't believe that for a second, especially with her first album being far more internationally succsessful than the follow ups.  Not to say she had  a lot of input with her back catalog, but I'm sure she doesn't disregard her back catalog as you think.

I didn’t say she disregarded it, I was just saying she didn’t have a lot of say in those releases as they were done by her old label. They even did a Greatest Hits in the early 2000’s which she refused to allow the use of her image for, which is why the cover was just a woman’s lower half in underwear.

She also had it in her original contract that after a certain number of years she would own the rights to the masters for her first 6 albums. So she now owns them all. And I predict that means we will never see releases of that nature. Like Madonna, she is more interested in her current projects. The Fever and IP anniversary editions were just re-presses of the original albums with nothing new added. So Kylie is not a better example than Madonna for these things imo. She’s quite the same.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

Britney has barely sung a note live since the early 2000’s. She was ok back in the day, just average like Kylie in her early days.

Kylie is not an amazing singer, quite nasal at times however she has trained her voice very well as she’s evolved through her career, she can hit the high notes brilliantly and her pitch is excellent. On top of that she always sings 100% live in her concerts. For someone who was never known for their vocal talent she deserves a lot of credit. Madonna could take notes from her dedication there.

To the person who said she is better than Gaga technically, you are factually wrong however I can appreciate you may prefer Kylie’s voice over Gaga. I do too. Gaga may have a powerful voice and be technically capable but she’s painful to listen to, she sounds like Gonzo screaming a lot of the time.

Boomers and Gen X discussion, the only known Kylie nowadays is the Kardashian's Jenner sister ^^

You're in denial and that is final.

But what a rejuvenating disscussion, Kylie being called local, Gaga being compared to Gonzo (another boomer, Genx Ref) i feel 15  y/o younger :)

13 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Can we please stop discussing Kylie in this thread ? Thx

Just one last thing - Kylie wasn't a great vocalist when she started and that reputation has kind of stuck. But what I appreciate the most is that she consistently works hard on them and has improved drastically. She's delivered some excellent vocal performances. 

M - take note 😜🫣

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

So Kylie is not a better example than Madonna for these things imo. She’s quite the same.

I totally agree with this.  And I do feel a lot more is coming from Madonna these days, which is fairly representative to her career, especially these re-releases on digital and streaming platforms.

Also, my apologies, I kinda misread what you meant in that earlier post.  I see what you mean, regarding her probably having no input in those earlier albums.  :)