Jump to content

MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!


Shoful
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, some people are insisting on the fact that want a DVD instead of a bluray. 

But then if the footage is standard definition source it's perfectly acceptable to have a DVD with lossless audio, unless they actually upscale which is unlikely. It's either that or a standard definition bluray which is pointless and may as well be a DVD really...I can't imagine there will ever be blurays of the pre-2006 tours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If some of you still want DVD, that's great. You can go back to shitting in the hole in the ground to and get rid of your flushable toilets.
 

So would you rather have a bluesy with content that might as well be on a DVD, because it makes you feel better knowing it's old footage burned onto a Blu-ray Disc with no obvious difference in quality because it was filmed on video tape?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

If some of you still want DVD, that's great. You can go back to shitting in the hole in the ground to and get rid of your flushable toilets.

 

That’s funny I feel the same way about vinyl ? why people still keep requesting the albums to be re released hundreds of times baffles me when they already have it in digital and streaming form ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scion said:


So would you rather have a bluesy with content that might as well be on a DVD, because it makes you feel better knowing it's old footage burned onto a Blu-ray Disc with no obvious difference in quality because it was filmed on video tape?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Because SD content on Blu-ray even if it’s not upscaled at 2k resolution, has a much higher bitrate. So if the file is 20-30gb instead of 5 it will have much more detail and no compression. So it’s infinitely better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. Because SD content on Blu-ray even if it’s not upscaled at 2k resolution, has a much higher bitrate. So if the file is 20-30gb instead of 5 it will have much more detail and no compression. So it’s infinitely better

Only it there is a genuine source at such a raised bitrate, which I imagine is probably unlikely with regards to the pre-2000 tour shows shot on tape.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dvd is a problematic format for various reasons. For example it always squish or stretch the original master video (4:3 or 16:9) to transfer on dvd's native resolution (720x480/576). And it reforms the aspect ratio back again on display (playing the dvd) to the original dimensions but it's always slightly blurry no matter how high is the bitrate, this process harm the final result.

Edited by Haralampos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, scion said:


Only it there is a genuine source at such a raised bitrate, which I imagine is probably unlikely with regards to the pre-2000 tour shows shot on tape.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bitrate has nothing to do with the format. The transfers are made and stored by default in lossless quality, which means a very high bitrate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

That’s funny I feel the same way about vinyl ? why people still keep requesting the albums to be re released hundreds of times baffles me when they already have it in digital and streaming form ?

I actually listen to vinyl all the time and I much prefer it to digital. I enjoy the ritual around putting a record on, having tangible artwork, etc. It's good for the soul. But I understand everyone has different preferences. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 9:17 AM, Prayer said:

Well, again, we don't know anything. We don't even know how far into production the box set went before Warner canceled it. Only the people involved in that process know the truth and one of them (and main head on the project) is now dead.

What we do know is her "Celebration" compilation was a mess and her 80s digital catalogue too. So if they had all those digitalized files anywhere it wouldn't make sense not to use them.

They do use them. If you read the Mike McKnight article, you would know they did this in part for the tours, not just for the box set.

Also, if you re-read the old Madonna.com articles, you would know that the contents of the box kept changing. Also, more importantly, Caresse was the one to announce that Kevin Reagan was hired to do the design of the release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...