MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

57 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

I think the press release was premature. Yes, they've released a few things here and there, but nothing "groundbreaking" like it mentions. While I love these songs, I don't think the Who's That Girl, Everybody or Erotica singles "made her an international icon," so they don't quite fit the description for me lol. Finally Enough Love was okay (minus the audio issues), but it was about as special as a Spotify playlist burned to a CD. It's cool that some of her singles/videos are getting the digital treatment, but even they have been imperfect and/or incomplete.

Personally, I'd enjoy a podcast on each of her albums or singles--something new from her that doesn't require too much coordination. Plus we know how much she loves spoken word these days. :kitty:

Almost two years for a genuinely exciting release is way too long of a gap for the casual fans to remember to look into it and too long for a large part of devoted fans to be happy about it, so mostly I'm just bummed it's become a non-event when it should have been HUGE from the moment it was announced. IMO the press release should've been distributed this year and all these little projects should've served as a buildup for the major announcement of the tour and expansive editions. That's assuming the first release announcement comes within the next few months like everyone says.

It may seem premature to you only because you're not interested yet in what they re-issued or curated so far.  I for one love FEL and thought that was a different way to release a somewhat greatest hit compilation. Also was happy for the Erotica re-issue since I missed the original release. 

I've said this before, but I'm pretty sure one big reason we got a press statement nearly two years ago, was because Warners was behind the digital/streaming release of Madame X Theater Experience.  I think many fans keep ignoring that or forgetting that. Therefore, this was the first real release under the deal.  However, if they didn't make any statement in why they were all of a sudden involved in this release, then we all would be speculating all this time, about what is going on.  So it seems fit they just announce their intention right then.  

I think a lot of fans focused more on their mention of re-issued expanded deluxe versions of landmark albums, and totally dismissed everything else mentioned, which was to curate special projects/releases as well.  FEL and Madame X Experience and the latest release of American Life Mix show all fall under this. Meanwhile, the expanded deluxe re-issues were clear about celebrating her 40 years in the business. So it makes total sense to wait for the album that hits it's 40th Anniversary this coming July.  We can only hope this is what they are doing here.  Once July 27th comes and goes and we get nothing, then I'm definitely going to join in on the complaining regarding the re-issues.  Still, these take time, so I rather they take their time, then rush something out and I think most fans would agree with that, or we would get the usual,  "Another rushed release" complaint.  

I figure there will be some fans who will never be happy whatever happens here.  In fact, I already know exactly those, who will complain about the first expanded re-issue at this forum. 

Anyway, we'll see in the next month what happens regarding these expanded re-issues.  But these are still some exciting times, because so much is going on with so many releases and with the tour.  I''ve never been so excited as a fan.  :Madonna013:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, tscott said:

Hmm?  Which Boxset are you referring to? I have all BC's boxset's she's released, and none are as extensive as this. I mean 26 CDs?  She's never released anything like this. 

this one sweetie

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/belinda-carlisle-cd-singles-1986-2014-box-set-price-drop/

43 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Ahh thanks!  Much like this release from Madonna.  All the singles on 40 discs:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/feature/madonna-japanese-40-disc-cd-singles-box-set-video/

Though, I would love for an updated version of this since this was 14 years into her career.  It also should be a world-wide release. So I see that difference. Then again, Belinda appears she's on the brink of retirement, unlike Madonna, so Belinda will always seem more complete at this point in her career:).

26 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Big difference being that Madonna box was only available in Japan and only 14 years into Madonna’s career, while Belinda’s was like 24 years into her career lol

Big difference.

I wish we would get something similar to that Belinda box.

53 minutes ago, tscott said:

Ahh thanks!  Much like this release from Madonna.  All the singles on 40 discs:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/feature/madonna-japanese-40-disc-cd-singles-box-set-video/

Though, I would love for an updated version of this since this was 14 years into her career.  It also should be a world-wide release. So I see that difference. Then again, Belinda appears she's on the brink of retirement, unlike Madonna, so Belinda will always seem more complete at this point in her career:).

No, I think  we'll hear more from her before it's time to retire.

After al, she's only one day younger than Madonna.

1 minute ago, Celebration said:

I hope so. I love Belinda and wish she would record more, but she's stated she was ready to retire after her recent tour, until Diane Warren ran into her son, and convince her to record this new EP.  Hoping more is to come, so we'll see, but I can understand why she's ready to retire.

12 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I wish someone would quote that troll sooner before they edit their post to make the other person look dumb.

I guess it’s comforting that many members here have seen what I’m pointing out and know that they are a wrench, hammer and/or screwdriver. :party:

And I am not taking about you @Celebration, the hammer that you quoted. 💋

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Hey, let's keep it cool - I can't see anyone trolling anyone even in edited posts.

They responded by saying that Madonna already released something like the Belinda box and I called them out once again without quoting them because I have no interest in giving them more attention.

Then they went back after seeing my reply to the other person that was quoted and saying what I basically said, that Belinda’s box was available more worldwide and trying to look like they were being friendly and helpful instead of the typical bitchy and condescending tone that they regularly use.

That is baiting and trolling and it worked. 

7 hours ago, tscott said:

It may seem premature to you only because you're not interested yet in what they re-issued or curated so far.  I for one love FEL and thought that was a different way to release a somewhat greatest hit compilation. Also was happy for the Erotica re-issue since I missed the original release. 

I've said this before, but I'm pretty sure one big reason we got a press statement nearly two years ago, was because Warners was behind the digital/streaming release of Madame X Theater Experience.  I think many fans keep ignoring that or forgetting that. Therefore, this was the first real release under the deal.  However, if they didn't make any statement in why they were all of a sudden involved in this release, then we all would be speculating all this time, about what is going on.  So it seems fit they just announce their intention right then.  

I think a lot of fans focused more on their mention of re-issued expanded deluxe versions of landmark albums, and totally dismissed everything else mentioned, which was to curate special projects/releases as well.  FEL and Madame X Experience and the latest release of American Life Mix show all fall under this. Meanwhile, the expanded deluxe re-issues were clear about celebrating her 40 years in the business. So it makes total sense to wait for the album that hits it's 40th Anniversary this coming July.  We can only hope this is what they are doing here.  Once July 27th comes and goes and we get nothing, then I'm definitely going to join in on the complaining regarding the re-issues.  Still, these take time, so I rather they take their time, then rush something out and I think most fans would agree with that, or we would get the usual,  "Another rushed release" complaint.  

I figure there will be some fans who will never be happy whatever happens here.  In fact, I already know exactly those, who will complain about the first expanded re-issue at this forum. 

Anyway, we'll see in the next month what happens regarding these expanded re-issues.  But these are still some exciting times, because so much is going on with so many releases and with the tour.  I''ve never been so excited as a fan.  :Madonna013:

I maintain that it's premature because news about the "main event" (regardless of how enjoyable these smaller/individual releases/updates were for some fans, it isn't the most exciting part of the campaign), have been essentially mute for almost 2 years. With the amount of interest the Madame X Tour album got, I don't think the speculation around why it was released under Warner would've been all that major.

I'm sure you don't mean me, since I acknowledged some of those smaller projects already, but it's not that people are ignoring them... it's just been too long lmao. Do a teaser, something, you know? Keep fans excited about the one thing you haven't delivered on (or even really spoke about, unless I missed something) in almost 2 years. I don't want them to rush it, but like... change the website, add a mysterious countdown to the anniversary, maybe an IG teaser if she prefers that nowadays. They've definitely had time to plan at least the first album by now, so it wouldn't be a rush at all imo.

I do hope I'm wrong, because I was super excited when these news came out. Super cool idea in concept, but I'm just kinda disappointed with how it's been handled, that's all.

8 hours ago, Glassy24 said:

I maintain that it's premature because news about the "main event" (regardless of how enjoyable these smaller/individual releases/updates were for some fans, it isn't the most exciting part of the campaign), have been essentially mute for almost 2 years. With the amount of interest the Madame X Tour album got, I don't think the speculation around why it was released under Warner would've been all that major.

I'm sure you don't mean me, since I acknowledged some of those smaller projects already, but it's not that people are ignoring them... it's just been too long lmao. Do a teaser, something, you know? Keep fans excited about the one thing you haven't delivered on (or even really spoke about, unless I missed something) in almost 2 years. I don't want them to rush it, but like... change the website, add a mysterious countdown to the anniversary, maybe an IG teaser if she prefers that nowadays. They've definitely had time to plan at least the first album by now, so it wouldn't be a rush at all imo.

I do hope I'm wrong, because I was super excited when these news came out. Super cool idea in concept, but I'm just kinda disappointed with how it's been handled, that's all.

Surely, I'm not speaking for all fans, but you can't either.  A lot of fans are enjoying what's been released so far.  Also, I do think you are focused on only one aspect of this deal, and thinking this is what is all about, when the curated stuff is just as much part of the deal.  You might not be interested in it, but I don't see how anything has been mishandled being the press statement was clear that it's celebrating her 40 years in the business, and it's a multi-year deal.  There was no mention of when the expanded deluxe sets of the landmark albums will be released.  But it does make sense since none of the landmark albums have been re-issued yet, that they are planning to at least release the first one at the time of her 40th Anniversary.  I still think it will be her Debut album.  I do think they will become more frequent as time goes on, over the course of the next several years.  I also don't believe they are going to re-issue all of her albums, being they were quite specific about "landmark" albums.  Certainly, they could decide to re-issue all her albums, but again I think some will not be as expanded as some fans are hoping.  I still say, wait until July 27th before getting disappointed about this since that is the 40th Anniversary of her first album.  If it comes and go, and we get a crappy digital re-release like LAP 30th, then I'll be happy to join in on those who are unhappy about this deal.

2 hours ago, tscott said:

Surely, I'm not speaking for all fans, but you can't either.  A lot of fans are enjoying what's been released so far.  Also, I do think you are focused on only one aspect of this deal, and thinking this is what is all about, when the curated stuff is just as much part of the deal.  You might not be interested in it, but I don't see how anything has been mishandled being the press statement was clear that it's celebrating her 40 years in the business, and it's a multi-year deal.  There was no mention of when the expanded deluxe sets of the landmark albums will be released.  But it does make sense since none of the landmark albums have been re-issued yet, that they are planning to at least release the first one at the time of her 40th Anniversary.  I still think it will be her Debut album.  I do think they will become more frequent as time goes on, over the course of the next several years.  I also don't believe they are going to re-issue all of her albums, being they were quite specific about "landmark" albums.  Certainly, they could decide to re-issue all her albums, but again I think some will not be as expanded as some fans are hoping.  I still say, wait until July 27th before getting disappointed about this since that is the 40th Anniversary of her first album.  If it comes and go, and we get a crappy digital re-release like LAP 30th, then I'll be happy to join in on those who are unhappy about this deal.

I'm not saying no one's enjoying the releases--I even said regardless of how enjoyable they are, they're not the "main event," if you will. They're sometimes very nice efforts (heck I bought the latest RSD release and think it's cool!), but her albums are the core of her music brand, the big sellers and what's helped build her reinventions/image for certain eras. The expanded versions can at least be alluded to, so it keeps the excitement going about that part of the project. It's been crickets about this part since it was announced. Even if it makes sense that the 40th will be the trigger for these releases, so far to a casual viewer, it's just going to be celebrated with the tour. That's wild to me... imo they should've been getting people excited about the music ahead of the tour (it may even bring in newer fans or cause nostalgia in others).

I don't get the 'you're acting like the albums are the only thing the deal was about' narrative I've seen here. It's not that--it's that it's a huge part of her career and it should be at the very least be acknowledged after the announcement. For example, when Madonna spoke about going to her archives/going down memory lane... it was mostly about her old tour outfits and film reels. What about the music lol? That could've been a chance to mention so the excitement about it is still there.

I'm more disappointed in the approach to communicating about these expanded releases, which is maybe just my opinion. Nonetheless, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong and they plan something awesome that reinvigorates my excitement about the expanded releases. :rainbow:

3 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

I'm not saying no one's enjoying the releases--I even said regardless of how enjoyable they are, they're not the "main event," if you will. They're sometimes very nice efforts (heck I bought the latest RSD release and think it's cool!), but her albums are the core of her music brand, the big sellers and what's helped build her reinventions/image for certain eras. The expanded versions can at least be alluded to, so it keeps the excitement going about that part of the project. It's been crickets about this part since it was announced. Even if it makes sense that the 40th will be the trigger for these releases, so far to a casual viewer, it's just going to be celebrated with the tour. That's wild to me... imo they should've been getting people excited about the music ahead of the tour (it may even bring in newer fans or cause nostalgia in others).

I don't get the 'you're acting like the albums are the only thing the deal was about' narrative I've seen here. It's not that--it's that it's a huge part of her career and it should be at the very least be acknowledged after the announcement. For example, when Madonna spoke about going to her archives/going down memory lane... it was mostly about her old tour outfits and film reels. What about the music lol? That could've been a chance to mention so the excitement about it is still there.

I'm more disappointed in the approach to communicating about these expanded releases, which is maybe just my opinion. Nonetheless, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong and they plan something awesome that reinvigorates my excitement about the expanded releases. :rainbow:

I will agree the lack of info and what has been said about the expanded re-issues since the statement is frustrating, but I think you're still putting too much weight by saying it's the "main event" when I feel everything about this is the 'main event'.  But I respect where you are coming from and why you are frustrated.  I'm still not bothered by it as you though because I understand that if they are doing a proper re-issue of her landmark albums with some goodies, etc., it takes time.  I also see these landmark re-issues being available once she hits that 40th landmark which is this July.  We already saw they did a re-issue of her first single back in October, so I have no doubt this is what is happening for the First album.

I guess I can agree there could have been a bit more celebratory from her camp of her career up until now.  But then again, maybe it's being saved once the Tour starts.  It's not like she's going away.  I'd like to see this period stretched out as long as possible.  At the same time, we know Madonna prefers to look ahead as well.  The expanded re-issues aren't going to be what puts her back on the map and that is why we are seeing her doing these newer collabs whether it's with another artists or DJ, producer remixer.  And she may never ever have the same success and appreciation as she used to.  Possibly she may have landed her a huge hit with the Sam Smith's collab.  At least, we can hope and that definitely will help get people excited about her music again. 

I personally felt a lot of excitement over the FEL release. I felt that was a huge nod to her career's achievement being she's excelled as a dance artist these past 4 decades. It also allows her to put a twist on a Greatest Hits (which these days are hard to sell being anyone can compile their own playlist of their favorite songs). 

I do feel great things are coming with these Landmark re-issues. We just need to have a little more patience.  And to be frank, people will complain once we reach that moment as well.  The only advice I can offer is be patient and appreciate we still have a highly active artist who is not only celebrating her 40 years in the business but still inspired to make new music. It may not hit home for everyone, but it never does with an artist like Madonna who has been quite diverse. :)

25 minutes ago, tscott said:

I will agree the lack of info and what has been said about the expanded re-issues since the statement is frustrating, but I think you're still putting too much weight by saying it's the "main event" when I feel everything about this is the 'main event'.  But I respect where you are coming from and why you are frustrated.  I'm still not bothered by it as you though because I understand that if they are doing a proper re-issue of her landmark albums with some goodies, etc., it takes time.  I also see these landmark re-issues being available once she hits that 40th landmark which is this July.  We already saw they did a re-issue of her first single back in October, so I have no doubt this is what is happening for the First album.

I guess I can agree there could have been a bit more celebratory from her camp of her career up until now.  But then again, maybe it's being saved once the Tour starts.  It's not like she's going away.  I'd like to see this period stretched out as long as possible.  At the same time, we know Madonna prefers to look ahead as well.  The expanded re-issues aren't going to be what puts her back on the map and that is why we are seeing her doing these newer collabs whether it's with another artists or DJ, producer remixer.  And she may never ever have the same success and appreciation as she used to.  Possibly she may have landed her a huge hit with the Sam Smith's collab.  At least, we can hope and that definitely will help get people excited about her music again. 

I personally felt a lot of excitement over the FEL release. I felt that was a huge nod to her career's achievement being she's excelled as a dance artist these past 4 decades. It also allows her to put a twist on a Greatest Hits (which these days are hard to sell being anyone can compile their own playlist of their favorite songs). 

I do feel great things are coming with these Landmark re-issues. We just need to have a little more patience.  And to be frank, people will complain once we reach that moment as well.  The only advice I can offer is be patient and appreciate we still have a highly active artist who is not only celebrating her 40 years in the business but still inspired to make new music. It may not hit home for everyone, but it never does with an artist like Madonna who has been quite diverse. :)

I'm going to be tuning in because I'm a masochist nonetheless. :kitty: I'm glad you enjoyed FEL + recent projects and don't want to take away from that for anyone. I also want to get some excitement for what really got my attention and I hope the wait is worth it!

7 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Her 1995 timeless album deluxe edition reissue is on preorder now:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cs9fIVaxtaJ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This is the most we can expect from Madonna’s first reissue. Remaster plus some remixes on colored vinyl. No demos.

8 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

To show what we can expect from an album te-issue.

I see that's what you did with your follow up post, but no one knows what to expect.  We can spend days and days speculating, comparing everyone's expanded re-issues, but it doesn't mean it will be the blueprint in what to expect of Madonna.  Personally, I'm refraining from any expectations.  Expectations only lead to people being disappointed.