MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 10/11/2021 at 10:04 PM, lap said:

Yes, but he gave interviews then and praised her at that time. So, I think they solved the problem with RIT broadcast. Hope it'll be release one day with American Life box set. 

Good point. A lot of these tours and live performances could be scooped up and released with the anthologies, which would satisfy the fans. And then they could be put out on streaming services at the same time - fingers crossed.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/6/2021 at 9:56 AM, Andreo said:

I'm not sure but it still feels weird if you consider even GS had one and so all her future tours but DWT didn't... Makes no sense to me, especially for an era like DWT where she could have made more profit out of it as she was still hyped and at her peak... Hope there will be one

The Girlie Show didn't have a live album, just the 3 track EP that came with the hardcover book.  "Why's it So Hard?" was the first live song she ever released on CD (as a B Side to "I'll Remember", followed a few years later with the "Ciao Italia" version of "Live to Tell" as a B-Side to "You'll See".  There were the concert videos, but never CDs until those, and "I'm Going To Tell You a Secret " was the first full length live album.  As someone who began collecting in earnest before home CD burning was a thing, I remember how badly I wanted the Blonde Ambition version of "Like a Virgin" on CD, and how much I wished that she had done a live album/soundtrack to "Truth or Dare".  (I also remember how excited I was when I finally got my first CD bootleg of the tour, called "All Access", way back in the Dark Ages.  My teenage self would never have believed that one day you'd be able to hear a full concert on the same night she performed it, lol.)

47 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

The Girlie Show didn't have a live album, just the 3 track EP that came with the hardcover book.  "Why's it So Hard?" was the first live song she ever released on CD (as a B Side to "I'll Remember", followed a few years later with the "Ciao Italia" version of "Live to Tell" as a B-Side to "You'll See".  There were the concert videos, but never CDs until those, and "I'm Going To Tell You a Secret " was the first full length live album.  As someone who began collecting in earnest before home CD burning was a thing, I remember how badly I wanted the Blonde Ambition version of "Like a Virgin" on CD, and how much I wished that she had done a live album/soundtrack to "Truth or Dare".  (I also remember how excited I was when I finally got my first CD bootleg of the tour, called "All Access", way back in the Dark Ages.  My teenage self would never have believed that one day you'd be able to hear a full concert on the same night she performed it, lol.)

This still leaves me perplexed on how it's even possible for a bootleg to be officially sold in stores lol. Btw I'm optimistic we might get the missing live albums during the Warner Plan years :D i hope so, cause I want a DWT full album so badly! 

6 hours ago, Andreo said:

This still leaves me perplexed on how it's even possible for a bootleg to be officially sold in stores lol. Btw I'm optimistic we might get the missing live albums during the Warner Plan years :D i hope so, cause I want a DWT full album so badly! 

The bootlegs being sold in "big stores" is out of control. Is normal to see bootlegs in second hand cd shops.. but at least here in Spain (and i also saw it in Lodon because i bought a Girlie Show CD called Australia in HMV) in shops like Fnac (is the equivalent to HMV or Virgin Store etc) you can see many bootlegs.. cds and vinyls.. i went today and i saw a vinyl from The Virgin Tour and a vinyl from the Blond Ambition Tour (and very awful as only contained from Where's The Party to Cherish) Believe me out of control and awful releases

13 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Tell me about it. Like a Virgin Blond Ambition and Vogue from the Girlie Show were all I wanted. I remember trying to hook up my VCR to my tape recorder to try and get it. ? Im pretty sure it only recorded the audio from one side. Life was so hard back then. ?

19 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Tell me about it. Like a Virgin Blond Ambition and Vogue from the Girlie Show were all I wanted. I remember trying to hook up my VCR to my tape recorder to try and get it. ? Im pretty sure it only recorded the audio from one side. Life was so hard back then. ?

It was, but we were so damned resourceful. 

I had so many tapes of her concerts from around the world - trading them with penpals I'd met in Backstage (ICON) and MLC and other fanzines - was in some ways a very magical time, we just didn't know it. 

But like you and others, when I finally found bootleg CDs (which were easily $60-80 per double CD set) -- I was in fucking heaven. 

I still have EVERY ONE of those bootleg CDs. And I think because they weren't doctored in any way - they're just raw. You feel like you're there.

The Cheap Popcorn Leather & Lace live from Leeds WTG tour double CD (with express yourself bum image on the cover for some reason) might not have perfect sound, but I felt like I was always in the crowd with the fans listening. 

On 10/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, roberMDNA said:

i just think she wanted everybody focused on I'm Going To Tell You A Secret and that's it... because maybe there was an idea of releasing it after by the team and all.. but M's idea i think was docu only, a point that makes me think that is that.. if the show was gonna be released shortly after why including show performances in the docu? does not make many sense me thinks...

The other story of not giving it to the channel (i cant remember which one was) because they wanted to put comercials even loose more sense to me since last friday MTV Spain put comercial every 2 songs!¡!¡ (not that you can compare 2004 to 2021 but still...)

Most of the songs on the doc were very edited (just look at Vogue), she's the one who said the full show was going to be released after the documentary.

There are rumors there is going to be a massive Madonna box set of DVDs and things like the Blond Ambition concert which has never come out.

That we’re trying to do, eventually, somewhere down the line. And there’s the Re-Invention tour as well which was filmed separately to be released as a concert but contractually I’m not allowed to release it until the movie’s been out a certain period of time.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/relive-madonnas-in-depth-2005-attitude-interview/5327/

27 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Most of the songs on the doc were very edited (just look at Vogue), she's the one who said the full show was going to be released after the documentary.

There are rumors there is going to be a massive Madonna box set of DVDs and things like the Blond Ambition concert which has never come out.

That we’re trying to do, eventually, somewhere down the line. And there’s the Re-Invention tour as well which was filmed separately to be released as a concert but contractually I’m not allowed to release it until the movie’s been out a certain period of time.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/relive-madonnas-in-depth-2005-attitude-interview/5327/

I cant believe they cut the crab crawl from vogue , that was so cool 

This is my ideal re-issue for Erotica's 30th anniversary edition (October 2022)

Standard edition:

CD1: Full Erotica album (remaster?) 

CD2: extra: Goodbye to innocence, You Thril me (Erotica Demo), Erotic (from SEX), Fever (Edit One), You are the one, Shame, Dear Father

Special edition

CD1 + CD2 + Bluray containing all music videos from Erotica in HD

Fan edition (limited edition) 

CD1 + CD2 + BR + CD3 and CD4 containing all remixes from the era

All editions come with a booklet containing the lyrics, photo spread and new interview with Madonna

13 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

This is my ideal re-issue for Erotica's 30th anniversary edition (October 2022)

Standard edition:

CD1: Full Erotica album (remaster?) 

CD2: extra: Goodbye to innocence, You Thril me (Erotica Demo), Erotic (from SEX), Fever (Edit One), You are the one, Shame, Dear Father

Special edition

CD1 + CD2 + Bluray containing all music videos from Erotica in HD

Fan edition (limited edition) 

CD1 + CD2 + BR + CD3 and CD4 containing all remixes from the era

All editions come with a booklet containing the lyrics, photo spread and new interview with Madonna

The anniversary route that seems so popular would take forever, if Madonna did the same thing. It could look something like this:

2022: You Can Dance (35), Erotica (30)
2023: Madonna (40), Ray Of Light (25), American Life (20), Hard Candy (15)
2024: Like A Virgin (40), Like A Prayer (35), Bedtime Stories (30)
2025: I'm Breathless (35), The Immaculate Collection (35), Something To Remember (30), Music (25), Confessions (20), Rebel Heart (10)
2026: True Blue (40), Evita (30), GHV2 (25)
2027: MDNA (15)
2029: Madame X (10)

Messy. So just pump out four boxes a year, and by 2025 we've reached MDNA.  :)

For the Super Deluxe Edition of Erotica, I'd add at least three full discs, cause there were LOTS of remixes from that album. And I hope they have a few in the vault that might fit in. :)

A hardcover book with stories from the making of the album and loads of pictures is almost a given these days, And the album remixed in 5.1 on that blu-ray would be the icing on the cake! :)

4 hours ago, Celebration said:

The anniversary route that seems so popular would take forever, if Madonna did the same thing. It could look something like this:

2022: You Can Dance (35), Erotica (30)
2023: Madonna (40), Ray Of Light (25), American Life (20), Hard Candy (15)
2024: Like A Virgin (40), Like A Prayer (35), Bedtime Stories (30)
2025: I'm Breathless (35), The Immaculate Collection (35), Something To Remember (30), Music (25), Confessions (20), Rebel Heart (10)
2026: True Blue (40), Evita (30), GHV2 (25)
2027: MDNA (15)
2029: Madame X (10)

Nice but I can't see the bolded happening at all. A coloured vinyl re-release at best. Maybe a part two of Something To Remember with the original disc as a bonus. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Nice but I can't see the bolded happening at all. A coloured vinyl re-release at best. Maybe a part two of Something To Remember with the original disc as a bonus. 

No, that ship sailed a long time ago.

The press release clearly stated that Madonna will curate expansive deluxe editions of several of her albums.
The fact that Warner asked Egan Rusty to ship the masters to his Everybody remixes is just one of many wonderful things.

I do believe we'll finally get the dance remix of Gambler and loads of stuff like that in the reissue campaign. 

I think Madonna is very much aware of the fact that she has to give us stuff like that. An incentive to buy the boxes. She knows that we won't settle for peanuts anymore.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:40 AM, steady75 said:

The coloured vinyls were the result of what Warner could do without changing the artwork and track list before the new deal

What does deluxe even mean anyway? Look at the bare bones release for True Blue 35th anniversary compared to Alanis' Jagged Little Pill 20th anniversary - for the latter we got the full album, a disc with demos, JLP's songs reworked as acoustic versions, an unreleased concert from the era along with a retrospective essay from Alanis and the producers detailing the creative process. Do we think M will seriously do all that for her albums?

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

What does deluxe even mean anyway? Look at the bare bones release for True Blue 35th anniversary compared to Alanis' Jagged Little Pill 20th anniversary - for the latter we got the full album, a disc with demos, JLP's songs reworked as acoustic versions, an unreleased concert from the era along with a retrospective essay from Alanis and the producers detailing the creative process. Do we think M will seriously do all that for her albums?

Alanis just has the one album that people remember. That's the right amount of effort for one special album, but Madonna can't possibly do all that for all of her albums

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Alanis just has the one album that people remember. That's the right amount of effort for one special album, but Madonna can't possibly do all that for all of her albums

I know she can't possibly do all of that. But people are probably expecting it. So we should keep our expectations low

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I think the whole reason why this Warner Deal has been done. So we can get anniversary releases like that.

And yes she can do all that for every album. It’s not like she’s the one doing any of the work

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I think some of Madonna’s albums deserve more in depth treatment than others. For example LAP, Erotica and Ray of Light. 

I'm sure Warner had to pay a lot of money for this and they will try to get all their money back and of course win more... The more they win, the more Madonna will win too... I'm sure we won't get concerts as the uncle sam or the Boston for "Madonna" gigs but I'm sure we'll have nice surprises... same with the rest expanded rereleases

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think the whole reason why this Warner Deal has been done. So we can get anniversary releases like that.

And yes she can do all that for every album. It’s not like she’s the one doing any of the work

Well, if she has to re-record all the tracks to make them acoustic or write a lengthy essay about the composition of the record, then it's a lot of effort