MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, Erotico said:

is this reliable?

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I called this back at the end of last year and again earlier this year. Madonna has spent the last few weeks working on the reissues (expect news soon) and is now returning to her biopic (working title Who’s That Girl). Can’t wait! <a href="https://t.co/XuxG7sqHkQ">pic.twitter.com/XuxG7sqHkQ</a></p>&mdash; Inside The Groove (@insidethegroove) <a href="https://twitter.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes. I do think he's reliable. That podcast opened some doors... :)

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm I question every "insider" so here's my concern... 

How did she work on reissues in just a few weeks? The only possible answer is she listened to remastered songs in full and picked out any artwork/packaging options and finalized them. I'm sure they probably discussed marketing and promotion too. 

I'm just picturing our control freak queen wanting to sit in every millisecond of the remastering stage to direct orders. And we know how fucking slow she works... 

3 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

How did she work on reissues in just a few weeks? The only possible answer is she listened to remastered songs in full and picked out any artwork/packaging options and finalized them. I'm sure they probably discussed marketing and promotion too. 

I'm just picturing our control freak queen wanting to sit in every millisecond of the remastering stage to direct orders. And we know how fucking slow she works... 

I think the "insider" meant she finalized that work in the last few weeks, probably green lighting things, final touches, cover, whatever. Not that it was done 100% just in the last few weeks.

Proper behind the scenes work on the reissues has been going on for years now supposedly or so they said other "insiders".

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

Yes. I do think he's reliable. That podcast opened some doors... :)

He's the original owner of Madonnarama from the late 90s/early 00s NOT to be confused with the madonnarama from the 2010s. Absolutely different Madonnarama. His site was like Mtribe. Always reliable and I think he actually worked in the industry (not with M). I definitely would believe everything he says.

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's the original owner of Madonnarama from the late 90s/early 00s NOT to be confused with the madonnarama from the 2010s. Absolutely different Madonnarama. His site was like Mtribe. Always reliable and I think he actually worked in the industry (not with M). I definitely would believe everything he says.

That's right! I read that somewhere on this forum.

Oh the original madonnarama was amazing, wasn't it? I mssed it terribly when it disappeared.

5 minutes ago, Celebration said:

That's right! I read that somewhere on this forum.

Oh the original madonnarama was amazing, wasn't it? I mssed it terribly when it disappeared.

I heard he's a bit of a jerk but oh well it was always reliable and the coverage of the dwt was amazing 

17 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

In my opinion, the deluxe/expanded editions from The First Album up to I'm Breathless can be good and relatively complete in terms of material. They could even merge The First Album with Like a Virgin, True Blue with Who's That Girl and even with You Can Dance, and Like a Prayer with I'm Breathless (many artists combine major works with minor works for deluxe treatment).

The problem I see starts with Erotica, where the number of remixes, edits, demos, and unreleased songs becomes enormous, and many tracks would necessarily be left out unless they made boxes of 10 or 12 CDs.

It's better to not do a remixes section with those albums but instead a rarities including those rare remixes

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

I think the "insider" meant she finalized that work in the last few weeks, probably green lighting things, final touches, cover, whatever. Not that it was done 100% just in the last few weeks.

Proper behind the scenes work on the reissues has been going on for years now supposedly or so they said other "insiders".

Right.  The whole project of the re-issues could have been on-going since it was first mentioned.  The press statement did mention it would be overseen by a team. Here's an excerpt from the original press statement back in 2021:

The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music,

Obviously, a team has been organizing this all along. All Madonna would have to do is put her stamp of approval on it.  This is sounding more and more like whatever they did put together isn't anymore than just adding what is already out there. Such as including the remixes or such to the albums if not add some extra artwork. I think expecting any demos/unreleased music would only lead to disappointment here.  But we'll see what happens.

My guess; we'll get the CELEBRATION TOUR FILM release first (possibly in October) and then it might be a great opportunity to start rolling out the re-issues.  LAV40 seems like the obvious choice, but we'll see.  Whatever happens, I don't expect numerous re-issues will happen. I'm betting they will spread it out over time.  :)

18 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

The problem I see starts with Erotica, where the number of remixes, edits, demos, and unreleased songs becomes enormous, and many tracks would necessarily be left out unless they made boxes of 10 or 12 CDs.

A reissue doesn't have to include every demo version. It would be pointless to get a reissue with a lot of demo versions of one song, if they sound too similar. They should only include demos versions that are different. Of course, if there is free space then they should include demos of other songs, even if they are similar to album versions.

I would like something like this:

CD 1 - original album

CD 2 

1. Erotic
  2. Did You Do It
  3. Dear Father
  4. You Are The One
  5. Shame
  6. Love Hurts
  7. Goodbye to Innocence (Just Say Roe version)
  8. Goodbye to Innocence (straight pass version)
  9. Goodbye to Innocence (demo assembly)
  10. Goodbye to Innocence (final demo version)
  11. Actions Speak Louder Than Words (the version with different music)
  12. Jitterbug
  13. Erotica (one of You Thrill Me versions)
  14. Erotica (one of You Thrill Me versions)
  15. Why's It So Hard (demo assembly)

CD 3

1. Erotica (William Orbit remix)
  2. Fever (edit one)
  3. Bad Girl (extended mix)
  4. Bye Bye Baby" (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix) 
  5. Rain (radio remix)
  6. Deeper and Deeper (demo)
  7. Deeper and Deeper" (Shep's Classic 12-inch)
  8. Deeper and Deeper" (David's Klub Mix)
  9. Up Down Suite
  10. Bad Girl (guitar demo)
  11. This Used To Be My Playground

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

My guess; we'll get the CELEBRATION TOUR FILM release first (possibly in October) and then it might be a great opportunity to start rolling out the re-issues.  LAV40 seems like the obvious choice,

No please no other interferences with those reissues... been waiting for them for 3 long years now and we can catch the videos for the celebration tour on YouTube thanks...

I need Like A Virgin 40 celebrated as it has to damn be: 1984/85 were the years when she became a superstar with so much uproar, the wannabes, the Virgin Tour (may we finally get the 3 missing songs), Vision quest, Desperately seeking Susan, Live Aid, she was the ITGIRL so it needs to be done properly this time!!

like a virgin madonna GIF

material girl madonna GIF

confused miss you GIF

madonna dress you up GIF

31 minutes ago, Justice said:

A reissue doesn't have to include every demo version. It would be pointless to get a reissue with a lot of demo versions of one song, if they sound too similar. They should only include demos versions that are different. Of course, if there is free space then they should include demos of other songs, even if they are similar to album versions.

I wasn't talking about demos. Demos are endless, with the differences sometimes being just one instrument being louder or softer. I was talking about the number of remixes that were made for each released single (and there are quite significant differences between each version).

Sorry, I'm one of those who isn't too interested in demos. The only demo that interests me from Madonna is the straight pass of Goodbye to Innocence and the Avicii version of the Rebel Heart album (and maybe the Shep Pettibone songs for Bedtime Stories). I would like to see finished unreleased songs/remixes on the expanded albums (like Keep the Trance, Triggering Your Senses, Vogue Shep's On The Fly Dub, etc, etc.) but not demos (unless it already sounds like a finished product and is not practically the same as something already released).

7 minutes ago, Erotico said:

No please no other interferences with those reissues... been waiting for them for 3 long years now and we can catch the videos for the celebration tour on YouTube thanks...

I need Like A Virgin 40 celebrated as it has to damn be: 1984/85 were the years when she became a superstar with so much uproar, the wannabes, the Virgin Tour (may we finally get the 3 missing songs), Vision quest, Desperately seeking Susan, Live Aid, she was the ITGIRL so it needs to be done properly this time!!

like a virgin madonna GIF

material girl madonna GIF

confused miss you GIF

madonna dress you up GIF

But from what people have posted recently and in the past, it sounds like they've been working on the re-issues and they will soon to be announced.  :pray: Personally, I'm glad they aren't rushing them. Gives me hope they will make them nice.  Not sure if it will include all the things you are hoping, but let's cross our fingers for some goodies? :luv:

21 minutes ago, Justice said:

I would like something like this:

CD 1 - original album

CD 2 

1. Erotic
  2. Did You Do It
  3. Dear Father
  4. You Are The One
  5. Shame
  6. Love Hurts
  7. Goodbye to Innocence (Just Say Roe version)
  8. Goodbye to Innocence (straight pass version)
  9. Goodbye to Innocence (demo assembly)
  10. Goodbye to Innocence (final demo version)
  11. Actions Speak Louder Than Words (the version with different music)
  12. Jitterbug
  13. Erotica (one of You Thrill Me versions)
  14. Erotica (one of You Thrill Me versions)
  15. Why's It So Hard (demo assembly)

CD 3

1. Erotica (William Orbit remix)
  2. Fever (edit one)
  3. Bad Girl (extended mix)
  4. Bye Bye Baby" (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix) 
  5. Rain (radio remix)
  6. Deeper and Deeper (demo)
  7. Deeper and Deeper" (Shep's Classic 12-inch)
  8. Deeper and Deeper" (David's Klub Mix)
  9. Up Down Suite
  10. Bad Girl (guitar demo)
  11. This Used To Be My Playground

You are so nice with the third disc I would have asked for more personally! 

It is good tho, instead of more standard remixes in third disc I would have asked for unreleased remixes and edits or test cuts

11 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Mastering (or remastering) does not take that long, perhaps an hour or two per song. And it’s not a process that would benefit much from her sitting through the sessions. I am sure by working on it they meant selecting the final tracklists, artwork etc.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Mastering (or remastering) does not take that long, perhaps an hour or two per song. And it’s not a process that would benefit much from her sitting through the sessions. I am sure by working on it they meant selecting the final tracklists, artwork etc.

An hour or two? Maybe if they're using AI, but I would think if they're being remastered from scratch from the original source, it would take longer. 

59 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

An hour or two? Maybe if they're using AI, but I would think if they're being remastered from scratch from the original source, it would take longer. 

It doesn’t. I used to work in a recording studio and have sat in on mastering sessions.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Well fuck after 3 years they should have every single album PLUS bonus tracks remastered by now 

I honestly believe the delay for this project is with Madonna. It does not takes years for her team or her to compile some compilations, remaster them and make some artwork. Entire studio albums have been written, recorded, released, promoted and much less time.

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I honestly believe the delay for this project is with Madonna. It does not takes years for her team or her to compile some compilations, remaster them and make some artwork. Entire studio albums have been written, recorded, released, promoted and much less time.

I agree, she works at a snail pace. Another issue is she has to be involved with EVERYTHING and she takes on too many projects at once and prioritizes anything but being in the studio. 

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

That's actually a pretty cool memorabilia package there.  Expensive as hell, but I wouldn't mind something like this from Madonna if it was done right. :)

Plus if they are including video elements too that will also take time - I just hope she isn’t butchering the editing on those 80s concerts we all love - I would be more disappointed if NO video content was included seeing as she is such a visionary 

Love to see some people on forum committed to their endless defence of something that atp would be better to have gotten scrapped for good.

I usually don't post at this specific thread, unless it's something off topic, but this time I must be in touch with their stamina - it's inspiring, isn't it?