MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Define "editorial" way? Is it the promo or the pictures or the articles?

It means getting her songs in placements in TV series, movies, advertising, etc. And also it means MONEY for Warner and for her. :tongue:

A music placement in a Disney+ series? I'm sorry but that is GREAT.

8 minutes ago, wonderboy said:

Soooo a while ago I wrote a lengthy post about the 1st time I met Madonna, now that I need it, I cant find it, so I thought maybe I didnt post it here, maybe it was the forum on madonnas official page, so I went there to see if it was there and the forum is GONE! I wonder if they are revising the site?

It's been gone for ages 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

What an odd placement. Literally no one but fans know that as a Madonna song. It’s famously Peggy Lee and Madonna won’t get a penny from someone else singing that song

image.png

I guess it depends of the place... When Madonna made her version people I know (me included) knew the song by Elvis Presley. But here, in Spain, Peggy Lee's name is know but not much about her music. And even the Peggy Lee version is a cover for the original by Little Willie John...

I think that, like deathproof said, is possible that they use the Madonna version on it and that's why they say that. We'll see...

I'll be very nervous if we don't get an announcement by January. It's obvious the first release won't happen till Q2. Artists need to finalize their albums months in advance for vinyl releases as the factories are all backed up right night and they take quite a bit of time to produce. Surely they must have the first project ready to go? 

15 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

Remember that part in the Warner announcement where they said that, apart from the reissues, M's music will be promoted in an editorial way?

Well...

Well, if you listen to the clip Tatiana only says that she will sing Fever, but not which version.

One of the guys mentions Madonna, but they all speak over eachother so...

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I'll be very nervous if we don't get an announcement by January. It's obvious the first release won't happen till Q2. Artists need to finalize their albums months in advance for vinyl releases as the factories are all backed up right night and they take quite a bit of time to produce. Surely they must have the first project ready to go? 

Like I said a few days ago. I'm sure they've got most of everything done and ready for release. They must have worked on this project for at least a couple of years.
Warner must be aware of this delay in production and probably already booked the pressing plant in good time to make sure they'll have all the vinyls ready for release for Madonna's next project. :)

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

I doubt anything physical has been sent to printing/pressing plants. I’m sure this whole time they’ve been assessing and organizing and planning what could come out, how to do it, when to do it, and what’s first.

Whatever announcement happens in the coming weeks or following month, I’m sure it’ll include a pre-order.

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Why are you nervous? Lol if physical versions come later so be it. I'd be more annoyed if we didn't get anything on streaming. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Why are you nervous? Lol if physical versions come later so be it. I'd be more annoyed if we didn't get anything on streaming. 

Cause most of us fans want physical format and not streaming. Plus Madonna has a history of announced projects being canceled in the past so I think I speak for most of us when I say we'll feel much better once pre-orders pop up, hopefully within the next month. 

6 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Cause most of us fans want physical format and not streaming. Plus Madonna has a history of announced projects being canceled in the past so I think I speak for most of us when I say we'll feel much better once pre-orders pop up, hopefully within the next month. 

But out of her entire career is that the norm? No. Did they actually announce a date they were going to release anything? No.  Are you overreacting? Yes. Most def. She literally just released MX on streaming, did promo for it and the "visual autobiography" is next which makes sense to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the debut album in 2023. 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:05 AM, Shoful said:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

“2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.“

THE GAYS FUCKING WON. WHO’S BIRTHDAY IS IT

Next year, multi year. She didn't release "Everybody" until October 6 1982 so no need to panic @musicinferno

56 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Specifically which projects did she announce and then cancel?