MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Prayer said:

IMAGINE.

That would be a very Madonna thing to do, really.

it would because i believe it seriousy pisses her off that some of her fans are racist and she would prob feel she is better off without these fans - i can totally understand her ..the coadf fans who want her to turn into kylie are the worst fans ever on social media- i just wish they would move on from madonna - she is never going to do confessions part two ..ever 

1 hour ago, beautifulkiller said:

im starting to think the remix of frozen she did with swae lee is part of the ray of light re issue ..let the meltdowns commence 

As long as she keeps putting alternative demos and songs like Revenge, Gone Gone Gone, Has To Be and Be Careful in it, she can add all the autotuned duets she wants imo

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

With this remix project happening, I honestly have no idea what’s happening with those reissues anymore

?‍♂️

I always assumed that the reissues would start happening either last fall or in the spring.

I don’t see why we can’t get this compilation and then a reissue closer to summer

Guys the whole industry is waiting for the vinyl plants to have free slots to manufacture more projects. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/whats-causing-the-vinyl-delay-adele-is-not-the-problem-say-music-industry-insiders-3094213

Also, costs and delays are making the final products more and more expensive.

I'm not saying this is the reason, but let's keep everything in mind. Also, we have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes. If they're remastering music videos with the original scans (doubt it, but the fact that the official "Like A Prayer" YouTube music video is still on SD maybe it's a sign that they're not rushing it to simply upscale it), getting new mixes done, whatever.

Maybe they're just waiting for the right moment: A) to announce it and start taking pre-orders (January is the worst month in the year, by far, to do so) and B) to release it and have the most profitable campaign.

Stay positive. When it comes, it comes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/old-music-killing-new-music/621339/

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Interesting article about how new music represents a small sliver of what is being consumed how/why. It makes me think Madonna is on the right track now to start revisiting the catalogue and reissuing classic material. 

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/old-music-killing-new-music/621339/

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Interesting article about how new music represents a small sliver of what is being consumed how/why. It makes me think Madonna is on the right track now to start revisiting the catalogue and reissuing classic material. 

downloading was a killer for the industry.

streaming however, even though it has issues with acts not getting enough royalties and drama over that, has produced one striking thing.

the audiences are now paying for spotify or a platform and getting value for money as they're now listening to more variation. teens are not as radio or obsessed about when songs were released. they're opened up to genres and back catalogues on merit of the songs. 

chart wise i don't know any teen who cares or even listens to radio, buys singles, downloads singles at all. it's all streaming

4 hours ago, mikeyaj said:

teens are not as radio or obsessed about when songs were released. they're opened up to genres and back catalogues on merit of the songs. 

Don't be fool by streaming, is very convenient but that's it. Spotify is the new radio, but just as radio back in the day, is ruled by money and the big labels behind. They push their artists into the main big playlists and those are the ones that get attention, streams and generate money. The chances of success out of the same old system are quite slim - but not zero as before, that is true. Sometimes viral hits happen.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Don't be fool by streaming, is very convenient but that's it. Spotify is the new radio, but just as radio back in the day, is ruled by money and the big labels behind. They push their artists into the main big playlists and those are the ones that get attention, streams and generate money. The chances of success out of the same old system are quite slim - but not zero as before, that is true. Sometimes viral hits happen.

good point. i just don't see teens i know chart conscious or care about it like past gens did

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Very true. And in a way, it kinda is easier to not branch out and sticking to just the artists you follow. I might not have liked "hits" the past decade but with streaming i don't even know what songs have been hits. Also, streaming farms are a thing. Look at Jay Z Beyonce and several of those artists that had tidal. There was a huge controversy and then all of a sudden nobody mentioned it ever again. I still think Madonna should focus on streaming but with her fanbase out of touch on music consumption, it's not gonna do much unless everyone is on the same page.

I'm a Madonna fan and a collector..   I'm not interested in streams/downloads I want physical items to collect and I'm sure a lot of others do too.   Lets hope her management realize that there's a big market here before it's too late..    i mean that announcement was 6 months ago..  I'm getting fed up of all of this #soon stuff..  ;(