MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

Where was this ever confirmed? Shouldn’t it have a Warner Records logo on it?

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Exactly. All the other Warner records I got except this have it. This is as much part of the deal as the other RSD releases were.

Now the question is are we gonna get it on digital too?

Well, not the maxi-singles from that era. They only had Sire. Even Like A Prayer had Sire, but no Warner logo on the cover. I've checked my German and US-pressings. (PDP, LTT, LIB, LAP etc)

Vogue however has it.

49 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Well, not the maxi-singles from that era. They only had Sire. Even Like A Prayer had Sire, but no Warner logo on the cover. I've checked my German and US-pressings. (PDP, LTT, LIB, LAP etc)

Vogue however has it.

Umm I was referring to the other Warner Releases from this RSD

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

No because before the deal they could not have produced this bespoke RSD release

The deal was announced in August 2021 which is plenty of time for Warner to design the RSD release, get M's appproval and produce it in 10 months 

I just meant that even major artists have been having to push back release dates because of having to wait many months in que ..except for Adele 🤣

1 hour ago, ScottyX said:

I just meant that even major artists have been having to push back release dates because of having to wait many months in que ..except for Adele 🤣

The wait time is 6 months fot all artists at the moment hence the RHT purple swirl and yellow opaque on black were announced in March / April wit pre orders and shipping in September 

17 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's confirmed by the fact that Warner / Rhino were able to alter the artwork and track list of a M release.

I don’t see how that’s a confirmation.

17 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Until the new deal Warner / Rhino could only change the colour of the vinyl hence they chose interesting international pressings for RSD to repress on coloured vinyl etc

Also Rhino manage the catalogue so likely their label will appear on all the future catalogue releases

The partnership is through Warner Records, not Rhino. That’s why Prince’s previous SDE re-releases had the Warner Record logo, not Rhino. 

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

I don’t see how that’s a confirmation.

The partnership is through Warner Records, not Rhino. That’s why Prince’s previous SDE re-releases had the Warner Record logo, not Rhino. 

Rhino is the catalogue development and marketing division of Warner Music Group.  They manage Madonna's back catalogue under Warner.

If you don 't see the ability for Warner to now change a track-list, artwork and create a bespoke release for RSD as a result of the new catalogue deal, I can't help you with that. 

They’re probably just taster releases to get a bit of buzz about upcoming more substantial releases. There’s never going to be a Whos That Girl soundtrack rerelease really is there so this sort of covers that era off and shows whets fans appetites. 
Pointing to new artworks and track lists and unique releases. 
I’d probably say it’s a melding of the two departments in truth. 
This would never have happened prior to her resigning with them which is why we know there’s more to it that previous coloured vinyls of previous releases. 

11 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Is anyone on her team aware of how much her fans are hating what she’s been doing right now. Like I’m surprised no one on Warner or her camp have said a single thing about the reissue campaign when it was announced 9 months ago

No I don’t think they are. This is what I’ve been saying in the Guy Oseary thread. That he’s a shit manager cause he doesn’t take an interest in what her current audience wants… 

At this point she’s just managing her career herself from a bubble. And Warner is doing stuff on the side that she’s not even acknowledging 

“Her current audience”

= a few old queens.

This does not pay the mortgage or increase the streaming presence which is where the revenue and groundwork for future successful projects lays. 

listening to a few old queens in the front rows of her concerts yelling yasss queen for the last ten years is exactly what got us into this mess. 

Besides. The biopic is comic, the eps are on streaming and the reissues are on their way. The only thing this old queen wants is new material every couple of years tbh but that’s a lot to expect with the way she works these days.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

“Her current audience”

= a few old queens.

This does not pay the mortgage or increase the streaming presence which is where the revenue and groundwork for future successful projects lays. 

listening to a few old queens in the front rows of her concerts yelling yasss queen for the last ten years is exactly what got us into this mess. 

Besides. The biopic is comic, the eps are on streaming and the reissues are on their way. The only thing this old queen wants is new material every couple of years tbh but that’s a lot to expect with the way she works these days.

Well I think she still has a quite large audience especially when it comes to her back catalogue. And one with a lot of disposable income. 
And yes the biopic is coming and if things go down this road it will be the final nail in her career coffin 

7 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Rhino is the catalogue development and marketing division of Warner Music Group.  They manage Madonna's back catalogue under Warner.

If you don 't see the ability for Warner to now change a track-list, artwork and create a bespoke release for RSD as a result of the new catalogue deal, I can't help you with that. 

oh interesting, I did not know this!

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Not always.
Rhino manage most of Warners, Atlantic and Parlophone's back catalog and re-issues. This deluxe box with a-ha was:
https://www.discogs.com/release/7540264-a-ha-Hunting-High-And-Low

But I think that when it comes to the BIG elephants, Warner does it themselves. Like this deluxe with Fleetwood Mac:
https://www.discogs.com/release/4288657-Fleetwood-Mac-Rumours-

The press release doesn't mention Rhino, so I think that the deluxes with Madonna will be released under Warner and Sire.

But maybe you're right. Time will tell. Soon... :)

9 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I just felt like there would be some kick off announcement. I mean she announces everything else. The RSD post on her facebook didn't say anything about it.

Yes I think a lot of people were expecting some kind of follow up announcement or press release without realising it's already in progress.

Having said that there are M fans who find comfort in disappointment lol

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

No I don’t think they are. This is what I’ve been saying in the Guy Oseary thread. That he’s a shit manager cause he doesn’t take an interest in what her current audience wants… 

At this point she’s just managing her career herself from a bubble. And Warner is doing stuff on the side that she’s not even acknowledging 

Guy and Sara know exactly what the fans want and  M also knows what the fans want - she just mostly says no.

31 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Guy and Sara know exactly what the fans want and  M also knows what the fans want - she just mostly says no.

Exactly Guy and Madonna are fully aware want we want we've been asking for Blond Ambition and RIT for years, Guy even spoke to Fans at certain shows about these topics.