MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

Angel was only on that list cause its b-side, Into The Groove.

I am certain that 99% of all DJs played Groove, cause that was the big hit that summer.  Therefore, Angel isn't on the album.

Also, Angel is a beautiful song that sounds great on the LP, but the "dance mix" is horrible. No bass and just too much echo all over the place...

Angel was played incessantly on Michigan radio and I loved it.  Of course, Into the Groove was on infinite radio replay too..... and neither was even a proper single in the states.  The power of M..... As for the dance remix of Angel, I thought that it was fun but I was too young to know whether or not clubs were playing it.  I bought the vinyl EP cause I was so surprised that this was the same person who sang Like a Virgin and Material Girl.  I loved how different it was from her other music.  I had heard that MTV asked M to slow down and not release a video for Angel as there were so many already in constant rotation. Who knows....  obviously cuts had to be made to stay at 50!  I am super excited though.  I can see radios (internet and standard) playing these tracks.  The general public is gonna like this on streaming too (the right, songs, mixes and edits) and that is the golden ticket these days.  M's legacy deserves this sort of treatment and it is about time.  

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Roy said:

I just realized that Physical Attraction is included.

MY BABY IS FINALLY GETTING THE RECOGNITION SHE DESERVES AFTER 4 FUCKING DECADES.

:Madonna041:

Exactly....  I think that the general public will enjoy this too.  It crosses generational lines, contains a more complete discography,  and the selections are streamable sized.  I can see people looking up a classic and discovering the album.  There are artists that I love who just don't have this sort of catalogue... not even close.  We are blessed to have this collection.  Madonna stated that "sticking around" was the most controversial thing that she has ever done.  I am sure glad that she did!  

5 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Angel was played incessantly on Michigan radio and I loved it.  Of course, Into the Groove was on infinite radio replay too..... and neither was even a proper single in the states.  The power of M..... As for the dance remix of Angel, I thought that it was fun but I was too young to know whether or not clubs were playing it.  I bought the vinyl EP cause I was so surprised that this was the same person who sang Like a Virgin and Material Girl.  I loved how different it was from her other music.  I had heard that MTV asked M to slow down and not release a video for Angel as there were so many already in constant rotation. Who knows....  obviously cuts had to be made to stay at 50!  I am super excited though.  I can see radios (internet and standard) playing these tracks.  The general public is gonna like this on streaming too (the right, songs, mixes and edits) and that is the golden ticket these days.  M's legacy deserves this sort of treatment and it is about time.  

Well.

When I was the house DJ in a club some 25 years ago I played lots of 80s records. Lots of Madonna mixes, but one 12" that always stayed home was Angel.
I refused to play that remix, cause I didn't think it was good enough. I think I've listened to that vinyl maybe two-three times.
Of course I always had the 12" Into The Groove. That one was always a floorfiller.

Now the album version of Angel is wonderful, and I totally understand why the radio played it. But it doesn't belong on this compilation.

Neither does that boring Physical Attraction. Not if Causing A Commotion was sacrificed for it.
Causing A Commotion elevated my fandom from casual fan to True Blue Madonna Fan! :)

5 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I don't get how people are mad about Angel not being in it, that song is so forgettable and dated. I miss CaC as well tho, I wish I could get it on physical copy one day lol

I love "Angel" (even the remix "Madonna! Madonna! Madonna!") but the only reason why it was a Dance #1 in the US is because "Into The Groove" was its b-side, am I right?

"Causing A Commotion" is more of a shock, she truly must hate it.

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Exactly....  I think that the general public will enjoy this too.  It crosses generational lines, contains a more complete discography,  and the selections are streamable sized.  I can see people looking up a classic and discovering the album.  There are artists that I love who just don't have this sort of catalogue... not even close.  We are blessed to have this collection.  Madonna stated that "sticking around" was the most controversial thing that she has ever done.  I am sure glad that she did!  

YES. Mama's not going anywhere, not now, not soon.

Also, Physical Attraction may be something everyone would like since the GP seems to also vibe with 70s and 80s sounds nowadays. The song sounds fresh even to this day, has a catchy melody and it's infectious. What's not to love about Ms. Physical Attraction? :D

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

Also, Physical Attraction may be something everyone would like since the GP seems to also vibe with 70s and 80s sounds nowadays. The song sounds fresh even to this day, has a catchy melody and it's infectious. What's not to love about Ms. Physical Attraction? :D

I always loooooved Physical Attraction. But now I'm a bit confused: It is titled here as the You Can Dance Remix Edit... but was it really remixed?? I always thought it was the only song on YCD not to be remixed at all.  Just edited. Or am I wrong?? :Madonna032:

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Kinda never listen to it but PA truly is a good song, I agree on it being on the current music trend vibes as well, good choice. I'm honestly surprised fans don't want it in the collection, i remenebr everyone would bottom for free to see that song getting justice and now they don't like it? Lol

4 minutes ago, FallingInLove said:

I always loooooved Physical Attraction. But now I'm a bit confused: It is titled here as the You Can Dance Remix Edit... but was it really remixed?? I always thought it was the only song on YCD not to be remixed at all.  Just edited. Or am I wrong?? :Madonna032:

It is the You Can Dance version so it is just the album version, edited down to a more digestible length for the GP.

So there goes out assumption that there will be a continuous flow of the songs from one track to another.

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Kinda never listen to it but PA truly is a good song, I agree on it being on the current music trend vibes as well, good choice. I'm honestly surprised fans don't want it in the collection, i remenebr everyone would bottom for free to see that song getting justice and now they don't like it? Lol

Since I listened to the debut album years ago, I knew that someday, she would be given the spotlight.

I'm such a proud parent. :Madonna041:

22 minutes ago, Roy said:

I love Physical Attraction and the synth pop sound is something that dominates the pop scene now. So it works

luckily i have the original 12' vinyl of CAC from 1987, actually i have just about  all original 12' vinyl s from Everybody to Rescue Me, plus the first four albums (LAP) still smells as well as Visionquest sndtrk, WTG sndtrk and Immaculate , and i find all the original pressings to sound better than the latest pressings,  maybe one day ill auction them all off ;)

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

I love "Angel" (even the remix "Madonna! Madonna! Madonna!") but the only reason why it was a Dance #1 in the US is because "Into The Groove" was its b-side, am I right?

"Causing A Commotion" is more of a shock, she truly must hate it.

Causing A Commotion was rehearsed for RHT so I don't think she hates it - just didn't fit for her I guess - also we got the RSD release which was the first one curated under the new deal - that should now be on streaming then everyone would be happy I think 

11 hours ago, FallingInLove said:

Actually that You Can Dance remix is an Edit of the 11-23-1982 Demo