MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

6 minutes ago, Celebration said:

And regarding not being a proper remix and that's why it doesn't belong on FEL: Like A Virgin and Material Girl says hello...

No, Like A virgin and Materia Girl doesn't say hello because an official "remix edit" doesn't exist for those songs. Although is too easy to do an edit from the extended versions.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Celebration said:

That's my point. They're not remixed, so why are they on a remix compilation?
At least EY 7" is a remix. And a good one too.

It's not a remix compilation, it's a 50 #1 compilation from the US Billboard Dance Club Songs chart (and many songs were #1 thanks to the remixes).  And "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl" were #1 without any remix edit (and EY was #1 thanks to the house remix). 

And believe me, talking about LAV or MG, I prefer the remix/edits created from the extended versions than the album versions.

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's not a remix compilation, it's a 50 #1 compilation from the US Billboard Dance Club Songs chart (and many songs were #1 thanks to the remixes).  And "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl" were #1 without any remix edit. 

Do you really think that DJs played radio edits in the nightclubs? Maybe they did in America, but when I DJ:ed back in the day, I welcomed extended remixes with open arms. The only LPs I brought with me to the club was remix albums.

If Madonna can re-edit the single remix of Keep It Together, then why not these two songs too? Both of them were released as extended dance remixes. Trimming off a couple of minutes should be easy.

You're absolutely right. It's not a remix compilation, it's a 50 #1 compilation from the US Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. Therefore, they should use the club versions, or edits of them, instead of album versions.

2 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Do you really think that DJs played radio edits in the nightclubs? Maybe they did in America, but when I DJ:ed back in the day, I welcomed extended remixes with open arms. The only LPs I brought with me to the club was remix albums.

If Madonna can re-edit the single remix of Keep It Together, then why not these two songs too? Both of them were released as extended dance remixes. Trimming off a couple of minutes should be easy.

You're absolutely right. It's not a remix compilation, it's a 50 #1 compilation from the US Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. Therefore, they should use the club versions, or edits of them, instead of album versions.

You are right, and I totally agree with you. But it's impossible to do a 50 #1 with extended remixes. I was explaining the reason why LAV and MG are album versions (not official remix edits in 1984).

I think the choices made are fine, but if i had a say in this:

DISC1;
001; Everybody (You Can Dance Edit) 
002; Holiday (You Can Dance Remix Edit)
003; Like A Virgin (Dance Mix Edit) 
004; Material Girl (Dance Mix Edit)
005;  Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit)
006; Open Your Heart (Remix Edit with Video Version Intro)
007;  Causing A Commotion (Movie House Mix Edit)
008; Like A Prayer (7" Remix Edit) 
009; Express Yourself (Remix Edit)
010; Keep It Together (Alternate Single Remix)
011; Vogue (Single Version)
012; Justify My Love (Orbit Edit)
013; Erotica (Underground Club Mix)
014; Deeper And Deeper (David's Radio Edit) only the ending fases out too early
015; Fever (Video Version)
016; Secret (Junior's Luscious Single Mix) with the cold ending of the extended mix) 
017; Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix)

DISC2
001; Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix Edit with the cold ending of the extended mix) 
002; Frozen (Extended Club Mix Edit)
003; Ray Of Light (Sasha Ultra Violet Mix Edit)
004; Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Radio Mix Edit) with An extra chorus after the first verse
005; Beautiful Stranger (Calderone Radio Mix) 
006; American Pie (Richard "Humpty" Vission Radio Mix) 
007;  Music (Deep Dish Dot Com Radio Edit) 
008; Don't Tell Me (Thunderpuss Video Remix) 
009; What It Feels Like For A Girl (Above And Beyond Video Edit)
010; Impressive Instant (Rauhofer's Universal Radio Mix Re-Edit) a little bit shorter
011; Die Another Day (Deepsky Radio Edit)
012; American Life (Oakendold's Radio Edit) 
013; Hollywood (Calderone & Quayle Edit) 
014; Me Against The Music  (Rauhofer's Radio Mix)
015; Nothing Fails (Tracy Young's Underground Radio Edit)
016; Love Profusion (Ralphi Rosario House Vocal Edit)

DISC3
001; Hung Up (SDP Extended Vocal Edit) please full vocal!!
002; Sorry (PSB Maxi Mix Edit) also full vocals please
003; Get Together (Jacques Lu Cont Vocal Edit)
004; Jump (Axwell Remix Edit)
005; 4 Minutes (Bob Sinclar Space Funk Edit) 00:04:59 version
006; Give It 2 Me (Eddie Amador Club 5 Edit)
007; Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit) 
008; Give Me All Your Luvin' (Demolition Crew Radio Edit)
009; Girl Gone Wild (Avicii's UMF Mix)
010; Turn Up The Radio (Offer Nissim Remix Edit) 
011; Living For Love (Offer Nissim Promo Mix)
012; Ghosttown (Offer Nissim Drama Mix Edit)
013; Bitch I'm Madonna (Sander Kleinenberg Video Edit)
014; Medellín (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx Mix Re-Edit) 
015; I Rise (Tracy Young's Pride Intro Radio Remix)
016; Crave (Tracy Young Dangerous Remix)
017; I Don't Search I Find (Honey Dijon Radio Mix Re-Edit)

7 minutes ago, Jorick said:

I think the choices maar are fine, but of i had a say in this:

015; Fever (Video Version)

The video version is the Edit One, but It was never released on vinyl or CD in USA (only in Europe). So, sadly, It doesn't belong to the 50 #1 compilation. 

43 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The video version is the Edit One, but It was never released on vinyl or CD in USA (only in Europe). So, sadly, It doesn't belong to the 50 #1 compilation. 

I’m actually surprised on the amount of thought they put into the track list. It’s very accurate except for the inclusion of causing a commotion. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:57 AM, thegoldencalf said:

How am I wrong? 
I have quoted you in my response because you posted a few back to back comments regarding FEL. How should I know what you generally post about? I don’t keep a track record for every member here. Just reacting to what’s going on in the present. 
And it wasn’t directed at you specifically but more of the general atmosphere of this community to which you contributed in this instance. 
The artwork is terrible, the track list is boring etc. spread throughout multiple threads and posts. 
Yes it’s great to have opinions and discuss things but it seems like there’s constant negativity about everything.

If the artwork sucks so bad you can’t even look at it and the music is boring you can just not buy or stream it. 

You should know because we have actually shared the same opinions and have both defended her in the same threads. And yes i can make back to back comments on a recent post just the way YOU are. As for constant negativity...um hello you can easily see things i have posted viewing my profile. As for the artwork being so bad i just dont buy it...i havent.  As for not streaming it...lucky me most tracks are already available on her spotify. And if something isnt directed towards me then dont quote me. Again you should apologize to me but admitting you are wrong is obviously very difficult for you. Hell, i posted a shit load defending her in the Maluma thread. Shame on you.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, Celebration said:

Most djs played the album versions of Material Girl and Like A Virgin because they were short and so they could play the songs more times in the same set. Also I NEVER heard those remixes in a club, when you go to the 80s nights they always play the album versions. Also the remixes are a bit shit and the most dated remixes of her catalog. 

17 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Most djs played the album versions of Material Girl and Like A Virgin because they were short and so they could play the songs more times in the same set. Also I NEVER heard those remixes in a club, when you go to the 80s nights they always play the album versions. Also the remixes are a bit shit and the most dated remixes of her catalog. 

Fine, that's your experience. Mine is different. I distinctly remember dance remixes, and I went to school dances in a small town back in the 80s. Causing A Commotion, Express Yourself, Vogue. Yep, I've danced to the 12" remixes of those songs and hundreds of other songs at school dances and in nightclubs. 7"es were only played when there was no 12" mix of the song. Eye Of The Tiger, I Love Rock'n'Roll, and so on...

And if I'm not mistaking, Like A Virgin was a best selling maxi-single, in spite of the "dated remix". I think I read it in ICON back in the 90s.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:30 AM, cosmic_system said:

On 5/29/2022 at 7:13 PM, Celebration said:

Fine, that's your experience. Mine is different. I distinctly remember dance remixes, and I went to school dances in a small town back in the 80s. Causing A Commotion, Express Yourself, Vogue. Yep, I've danced to the 12" remixes of those songs and hundreds of other songs at school dances and in nightclubs. 7"es were only played when there was no 12" mix of the song. Eye Of The Tiger, I Love Rock'n'Roll, and so on...

And if I'm not mistaking, Like A Virgin was a best selling maxi-single, in spite of the "dated remix". I think I read it in ICON back in the 90s.

Totally agree with you. Same exp. for me.

The extended remixes have been hugely played in club, party and radio in the 80's. 

they were on the radio all the time. I attended a lot of dance shows because my sister was doing it (I discovered M during one of a show by the way) and they always played the extended songs (Madonna, Jackson...)

The first time I heard who's that girl and Vogue on the radio (NRJ), they were playing the extended version.

before buying the album, I only knew the extended version of Burning up because they only played this version on the radio. 

Like a virgin extended was hugely played too

if the 12' records sold so well it was because people heard them on the radio and in the clubs. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:26 AM, wtg1987 said:

I would say she mostly chose the best remixes except for ;

open your heart ( dunno why she went for the video version seeing as it’s not a remix )

GI2M - should be the oakenfold one

erotica - I would have chosen either Ken Lou or orbit mix

I didn’t care for most mixes post GI2M so not bothered about those choices to be honest 

i would have loved a jellybean 7” mix of LAV and material girl too - again I don’t know why she chose album versions for those ( same as physical attraction which I still don’t count as a straight up dance song ) 

Here's why: 

To celebrate this historic milestone, Madonna curated two new collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, a new 50-track collection that includes her favorite remixes of those chart-topping dance hits that have filled clubs worldwide for four decades, and an abridged 16-track version, simply titled FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE.

I would say she listened to many remixes and chose her favourite versions or may have recalled her favourite mixes 

18 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Here's why: 

To celebrate this historic milestone, Madonna curated two new collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, a new 50-track collection that includes her favorite remixes of those chart-topping dance hits that have filled clubs worldwide for four decades, and an abridged 16-track version, simply titled FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE.

I would say she listened to many remixes and chose her favourite versions or may have recalled her favourite mixes 

I feel like the video version is more impactful than the remix edit, with the beautiful bells intro.

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No, because "Edit One" & "Edit Two" were only released in Europe as B-Side of Rain.

yeah, but the remixes were sent out to clubs and it got to #1, didn't it?

i mean, it's on the billboard site and everything

or are you speaking only about these two remixes in question that weren't released stateside at all?

On 6/2/2022 at 6:00 PM, thegoldencalf said:

I feel like the video version is more impactful than the remix edit, with the beautiful bells intro.

but that is not the point here. The 7" Remix is the one that was released as a single and still isn’t digitally available anywhere (for whatever reason).