Debra Winger doesn't like Madonna, #MeToo

I knew she had a problem with Madonna's casting at the time the movie came out. I remember feeling happy that the powers that be did not bail on Madonna considering Debra Winger was a pretty successful actress at the time. 

Madonna was the biggest star on the planet and she played that part as she was supposed to, nothing more, nothing less.  Madonna is a dedicated worker and she shines on screen in the right hands. 

Here is someone coming on a team wanting to control everything because well they think they are above everyone. I like Debra as an actress but I didn't think much of her personality when she said this thirty years ago. What I do not understand is what is the point of saying it now? 

I get the sense from her that she thinks there is a cleverness to her smugness. I got that kinda vibe from Mariah too. They are like the female version of "tools." I am a fan of Mariah as well so.....just my observation. It's like they see all women as the enemy and buying into that notion that they need to compete with eachother for the male attention. 

As far as the other actresses...Geena Davis was amazing as Dottie Hinson and the other women played their parts and it was about the event of Women's baseball with personal stories woven in. It 's a classic so I do not know Debra's reason for going after it?....Sour grapes? 

I also can not imagine ALOTO without "This Used To Be My Playground." Madonna's movie songs are so relevant and moving. 

If Debra accepted the artistic visions of others instead of just one she would have been in this classic film. 

Whatever. 

Any woman who has a problem with #metoo is afraid of losing the only power they feel they have to succeed. Think about that.

so, the bitch was fired, this coming from Columbia's ex-Studio head:

https://www.newsweek.com/columbia-ex-studio-head-calls-debra-winger-league-their-own-comments-sour-grapes-1619950

While late director Penny Marshall cannot defend her now-iconic movie, and the film's stars—Madonna, Tom Hanks and Geena Davis—have so far chosen not to engage publicly with Winger, the head of Columbia Pictures at the time, Frank Price, tells Newsweek he is compelled to set the record straight, given he's the one who "released" the actress and replaced her with Davis.

"As Price tells it, Winger was bitter about the hiring of Madonna because she was jealous that a woman other than her would be attracting the bulk of attention, given Madonna's stature as one of the biggest pop stars in the world back then. He also says she "threatened" not only Marshall but essentially the entire crew, and that it was his decision to get rid of her, not the other way around."

"After we hired Madonna, Debra told Penny to expect 'a long, hot summer' of production, which the director took as a not-so veiled threat," Price recalled. "There's a lot of ways an actor can screw up a director, beginning with being late to the set and refusing to leave the dressing room. You can't have someone with an axe to grind working on the picture."

After Marshall took her concerns to Price, he says he called a meeting with Winger."

"I agreed to let her make her case, and she showed up with her agent and her lawyer. For an hour she spoke, and when she finished, I hadn't heard one word of apology to Penny, nor did she say she wouldn't make the production difficult, so we settled out her contract," he said.

"I'm not getting the work so I'm trying to style it out."
There's a lot of airheads in Hollywood.
Forcing a 14 year old girl to take drugs and alcohol and then sticking your dick in everyone of her holes is excusable too...to some if they are thought of as some Great Director.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-whoopi-goldberg

On 8/20/2021 at 5:41 PM, Ian said:

so, the bitch was fired, this coming from Columbia's ex-Studio head:

https://www.newsweek.com/columbia-ex-studio-head-calls-debra-winger-league-their-own-comments-sour-grapes-1619950

While late director Penny Marshall cannot defend her now-iconic movie, and the film's stars—Madonna, Tom Hanks and Geena Davis—have so far chosen not to engage publicly with Winger, the head of Columbia Pictures at the time, Frank Price, tells Newsweek he is compelled to set the record straight, given he's the one who "released" the actress and replaced her with Davis.

"As Price tells it, Winger was bitter about the hiring of Madonna because she was jealous that a woman other than her would be attracting the bulk of attention, given Madonna's stature as one of the biggest pop stars in the world back then. He also says she "threatened" not only Marshall but essentially the entire crew, and that it was his decision to get rid of her, not the other way around."

"After we hired Madonna, Debra told Penny to expect 'a long, hot summer' of production, which the director took as a not-so veiled threat," Price recalled. "There's a lot of ways an actor can screw up a director, beginning with being late to the set and refusing to leave the dressing room. You can't have someone with an axe to grind working on the picture."

After Marshall took her concerns to Price, he says he called a meeting with Winger."

"I agreed to let her make her case, and she showed up with her agent and her lawyer. For an hour she spoke, and when she finished, I hadn't heard one word of apology to Penny, nor did she say she wouldn't make the production difficult, so we settled out her contract," he said.

Wow.

I didn't know who this woman was, but now I know she is a TOTAL BITCH.

Sorry Not Sorry League GIF

After reading the reaction from the movie producer it seems like Madonna's catty remark about Winger in the RS interview with Carrie Fisher in 91 came AFTER all these behind the scenes drama Winger was making. Since we didn't know then what was happening it sounded like an attack from Madonna when she was just adressing the situation. 

Debra Winger said in interviews that Lynda Carter was jealous and unsecure about having her on set because she was younger than her. Have you seen them side by side ? Hahahah. The fool.

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Debra Winger said in interviews that Lynda Carter was jealous and unsecure about having her on set because she was younger than her. Have you seen them side by side ? Hahahah. The fool.

not even on "debra's peak beauty" (ha! as if!) was she ever at the same level as Lynda Carter , hell not even now, Lynda is miles away more of a Beauty (both inside and out) than poor sad sap bitter ol kuntz guest home tenant Debs

here's an actual photo of M visiting Debra since M has a heart of GOLD:

wiflfag-video-3b.jpg

:Madonna041:

8 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

After reading the reaction from the movie producer it seems like Madonna's catty remark about Winger in the RS interview with Carrie Fisher in 91 came AFTER all these behind the scenes drama Winger was making. Since we didn't know then what was happening it sounded like an attack from Madonna when she was just adressing the situation. 

Lots of women rely on the only "power" they "think" they have bestowed upon them by men. The irony of her accusing another of insecurity when it was she who was most likely insecure. Lynda Carter is a flawless beauty. 

This movie was one of the smartest choices M ever made. Maybe even more than Evita. I know people of all different ages who adore this movie. And even if they don't particularly care for M, they love her character and LOVE TUTBMP. Everyone cast in it is perfect and it still holds up after all this time. And Debra Winger doesn't have shit on Geena Davis. Even Geena's flops are legendary. The Long Kiss Goodnight is everything.

I love the ending to the film where Mae tells Dottie It's alright, you did good. I have a feeling her charactor knows what Dottie did and knows how much she loves the game and her teammates. She knows the disappointment she feels. Like Madonna, she is a lot more mature and aware then she let's on.

When I was younger I thought differently but I now believe Dottie purposely dropped the ball. The film is about sisterhood as much as it is about baseball. Debra would have never dropped the ball.