Why isn't Gambler available on Spotify?

feehgarcia

I was searching for it today but is not even listed! At least not on the Brazilian catalog. I love Gambler...
It's better than the entirety of 'Like A Virgin' album by the way...:Madonna003:

I remember praying SO HARD to all the Gods for she to add it on a tour... It would've it perfectly on the first MDNA Tour section!
Gambler instead of Papa Don't Preach, followed by Die Another Day instead of that awful Hung Up remix.

Lack of demand? I mean, I had completely forgotten that Gambler existed, and I bet a lot of other Madonna listeners on Spotify would co-sign me. :Madonna003:

Also I encountered the same problem on Amazon a few years ago when I was trying to purchase all the albums/songs in MP3 format. I couldn't find Gambler on there, and had to download it through other means elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Nahual said:

Lack of demand? I mean, I had completely forgotten that Gambler existed, and I bet a lot of other Madonna listeners on Spotify would co-sign me. :Madonna003:

Also I encountered the same problem on Amazon a few years ago when I was trying to purchase all the albums/songs in MP3 format. I couldn't find Gambler on there, and had to download it through other means elsewhere.

It's not lack of demand - fans have been campaigning for it for years 

7 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's not under the Warner Catalogue yet (outside of Japan)

Crazy For You was acquired in 1990 for inclusion on The Immaculate Collection 

This.

"Crazy For You" is Warner, but "Gambler" isn't. The "Vision Quest" soundtrack is available on digital stores since 2019 or so, but not on streaming and that's Geffen (Universal)'s decision.

39 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Only in Japan and that was a Japanese EP release. For some reason, Warner Japan had (has?) “Gambler”, it was also included on the amazing 1996 CD Single Collection box set.

I feel like Gambler must have been transferred over to Warner in order for it to be on the US and European RSD release of La Isla Bonita Super Mix.

La Isla Bonita (Super Mix) is not a Japan-only release ! It was released in Australia too.

https://www.discogs.com/it/Madonna-La-Isla-Bonita-Super-Mix/release/12162738

It was released in vinyl back in 2019 in Euirope and US

https://www.discogs.com/it/Madonna-La-Isla-Bonita-Super-Mix/release/13452263

Maybe they're "saving" it for future reissues, but I don't think the first reissue is going to include Gambler

44 minutes ago, OceanBlue said:

La Isla Bonita (Super Mix) is not a Japan-only release ! It was released in Australia too.

https://www.discogs.com/it/Madonna-La-Isla-Bonita-Super-Mix/release/12162738

It was released in vinyl back in 2019 in Euirope and US

https://www.discogs.com/it/Madonna-La-Isla-Bonita-Super-Mix/release/13452263

Maybe they're "saving" it for future reissues, but I don't think the first reissue is going to include Gambler

The La Isla Bonita (Super Mix) EP was released in Australia with 6 other eps in October 1993 to celebrate The Girlie Show - was literally copies of the Japan editions and unlikely they checked if they could in Australia in regards to having Gambler on it and was just one print run and ineligible to chart etc so maybe nobody noticed