New Madonna Song Incoming? **Update** No New Madonna Song Coming ?

steady75

45 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Why would she say "her" referring to Dua Lipa, if she is talking about Madonna? It makes no grammatical sense. 

She isn't talking about the remix project, she's talking about how Madonna has helped her with her career. 

"HER" refers to Dua.

I'm a Madonna superfan. I think that a lot of the driving force of that and part of the reason I related to her so much, especially as a kid, was because I was trying to work out a lot of the same stuff as a Catholic person. I really related to where she was coming from. She was certainly my gateway into dance music as much as anyone was, it felt amazing. <--- talking about Madonna

I am forever grateful to HER for letting me be a part of that. <--- talking about being grateful to Dua for letting her remix a track with her icon, Madonna

And that relationship has continued: I've actually just remixed something of hers. It’s a collaboration with someone else that's getting ready to come out. It’s a legendary duo…” <--- Back to talking about Dua

• Fighter changed the title to New Madonna song incoming?
  • Fighter featured this topic

Ok i actually found the original interview (screencap and link below). It's actually hard to tell if she's talking about Madonna or Dua. Seems like she's talking about M but the fact she says "i am grateful to her for letting me be part of it" points towards Dua so i don't know.

Screenshot_20210820-181349_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dc6d098b9f94ec5f0fb6f9e74297f77e.jpg

And here is the link :

https://mixmag.net/feature/the-blessed-madonna-6-music-k-hand-paul-johnson-interview

34 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

"i am grateful to her for letting me be part of it" points towards Dua so i don't know.

Clearly, it still refers to Madonna imo, she says this after mentioning how she introduced her to the dance genre, this is why she says "I am grateful to her for letting me be part of that" as she introduced her to dance music 

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

Clearly, it still refers to Madonna imo, she says this after mentioning how she introduced her to the dance genre, this is why she says "I am grateful to her for letting me be part of that" as she introduced her to dance music 

I agree with this. I’m trying to be objective as to not give bias into how I read her statement. It would seem very odd for TBM to be talking about Madonna for 2-3 sentences then just switching to talking about Dua in the same response

I interpret that she's talking about Dua. She is being asked about the two of them at first, and she starts talking about her love for Madonna and thanks Dua for letting her be a part of that and then says they'll keep working together in a new remix.

"I am forever grateful..." to Dua, for Future Nostalgia club remix album.
"That relationship has continued..." with Dua.

19 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

She could be referencing Dua. Sometimes writers edit what people say in interviews for space which leads to conclusion. 
But I don’t think Dua is legendary yet, so maybe she means the artist Dua is collaborating with is a legendary duo, like the Pet Shop Boys. 

Edited by MartinX
Mistake (see edit history)

Madonna readying new collaboration with ‘legendary’ artist

Madonna's last album 'Madame X' was released in 2019, with a concert film set to drop on Paramount+ later this year. 

Madonna appears to have new music on the way. 

The Like a Virgin star recently returned to Warner as part of a deal that encompasses her 40-year catalog and will see an extensive reissue campaign begin in 2022. 

While she may have one eye on the past, it looks like she’s been busy in the studio, with producer The Blessed Madonna confirming she’s worked on new tracks for the Queen of Pop. 

Asked by Mixmag what it was like to collaborate with Madonna on Levitating for Dua Lipa’s ‘Club Future Nostalgia’ album, she beamed: “Wonderful. I mean, I’m a Madonnasuperfan. 

“I think that a lot of the driving force of that and part of the reason I related to her so much, especially as a kid, was because I was trying to work out a lot of the same stuff as a Catholic person. 

“I really related to where she was coming from. She was certainly my gateway into dance music as much as anyone was, it felt amazing. 

“I am forever grateful to her for letting me be a part of that.”

She continued: “And that relationship has continued: I’ve actually just remixed something of hers. 

“It’s a collaboration with someone else that’s getting ready to come out. It’s a legendary duo…”

The Blessed Madonna didn’t reveal the identity of the mystery collaborator.

• RUADJAI changed the title to New Madonna Song Incoming? **Update** No New Madonna Song Coming 😩
  • RUADJAI unfeatured and featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI locked this topic