It just hit me that by 2025 Madonna could give us the Rebel Heart edition she always wanted us to have

2025 is the year Madonna and Warner Bros get the rights to MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X. It's also the year this album turns 10. 

We all know how troubled this album's production was, specially after the leak and how Madonna rushed to hire other producers to change the songs since Avicii was sick at that point. We have god knows how many unfinished demos. All of the album leaked in at least 5 versions, Madonna wanted it as a double album, with a Rebel side and a Heart side and we got everything mixed together with a weird mixing, placement, etc... There's an AMAZING record in there for us to have tbh.

Specially the Avicii tracks:

Imagine Never Let You Go as a bonus demo track in HQ finally. 

Huh...so many possibilities with this new Warner deal. I seriously hope they make the most out of it.

I don't mind to sell my car to pay for it all, lmao.

1 minute ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

It says in the statement "MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025."

If it starts with MDNA in 2025 (13 years) then Rebel Heart and Madame X could be in 2028 and 2032 respectively. Hopefully not.

They might join the catalog in 2025 and being released all after one year or two, I don't think they will wait so many years, lol 

I can’t see Madonna ever agreeing to change a released album this dramatically. 
Also to accommodate these changes it would involve a huge effort and expense and possibly re-recording vocals.
And Avicii is not even alive anymore to complete it according to the original vision.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Here's some tidbits from a timeline i put together over a year ago:

• September 2014: The final demo of Addicted that's recorded this month is actually the finished version, but what was sent to be mastered for the official album, was the May 9th demo. The final demo of Addicted, titled "Addicted [Demo 2014.09]," has a toned down grungy Nirvana sound, and features lots of different vocal layerings. It's very well polished, and sounds more like a pop-dance song then a guitar pop-punk track like in previous demos. It's odd this version wasn't sent to be mastered.
  • September 22 2014: Madonna makes a cryptic instagram post, talking about 2 sides 2 every story. Based on this, fans start believing that the upcoming album will be a double album.
    image.png.c49ba9f38e4a9645c86b72680fa8bec8.png
  • Dec 1 2014: Madonna & family arrive back to NY after spending time in Malawi.
    Sometime during the first week of December, Madonna sits down with MOJO for her magazine cover story. I've pulled the important bits for this timeline:

“D’you wanna hear the real version?” -Referring to the title track, Rebel Heart.

MOJO hears two versions of her return single, Living for Love- the first stripped and harking back to deep house 1989-style, the second more layered with EDM synth figures. Asked by the singer which we prefer, we choose the first and re-receive a hug as reward. “That’s my favorite too,” she beams. “It’s cool as fuck.”

“There are currently 36 tracks in various stages of completion. She winces when considering how she’s going to edit them down: I’m dreading that moment.” The 14 songs played to MOJO fall into two thematic camps: heartache and vulnerability (Joan of Arc, Ghosttown) and fuck-you-defiance (Bitch I’m Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch), while others combine these conflicting emotions (Heartbreak City, Wash All Over Me).

• Dec 18 2014: Madonna goes into the studio in NY to try and complete the mastering for the first 6 planned songs. 

However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of Dec. 18. "There was no time to call any of the producers -- nothing," says Oseary. "Just her final mastering sessions." [from a Jan 9th Billboard article detailing the inside story of the leaks and pre-order release.]
  • December 21 2014: Madonna is interviewed for Billboard by Keith Caulfied:

There has to be a silver lining somewhere. And, there you go. So let's talk about the music. Did you think about releasing these six songs as an EP, and then doing another EP later? Or did you want to make sure that all of the songs stayed together as the full Rebel Heart album -- as a piece of work?

Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together. 

• Dec 28 2014: Guy O talks to fans on twitter:

About the album release of Rebel Heart:
    The original plan was to release a double album in April 2015, which was "half Rebel, half Heart". This plan changed due to the recent leaks. It will now be one album with 19 full tracks, no interludes, to be released on March 10th. The album is "almost finished. Needs a little more work in the new year."

• March 10 2015: In an interview with NewNowNext, Madonna talked about the affect the leaks had on the finished product of the album:

Did the Rebel Heart leaks change anything about the album that was released?

It changed everything. First of all, it drove me insane—and made me feel an overwhelming sense of anxiety. It made me second guess everything, because suddenly I thought, 'Oh god, everyone's heard all these demos.'

There were some demos that I actually liked the demo version of, and I thought, 'Well they heard the demo, now they're going to be expecting other things.'

Then they heard the next level of versions, and it kept making me think 'Should I change it, or should I just leave it how it was?' I was second guessing everything rather than having to just choose for myself and put it out as I would normally, as an artist…

The way he leaked it and the way the stuff started coming out and coming out and coming out in all these different incarnations, it kind of drove me crazy. Then it started making me think I don't even know what version I should be putting out.

Some people were like 'Ooh, I love it! I love it!' and I was like, 'No, don't love it, because that's not the thing." So, it was crazy-making…

From now on I'll stay off the Web—everything HAND-DELIVERED!

This topic was discussed again during an interview with LA Times:
    You don't think the official album has supplanted the leak in people's brains?

I think their brains have been contaminated by what they've heard. And because I was continuously being hacked into – with all the different versions from all the different producers I was working with in all the different recording studios -- it started making me second-guess everything. I had extreme anxiety.

Some of the demos that I had done, I actually liked as demos; I liked the simplicity of them. But then people were commenting on them: "Oh, I can't wait to hear the finished version." And I thought, Well, what if this is the finished version? And then other people were saying they liked things as demos that I had changed the production of.

•  

March 12 2015: Rolling Stone Magazine interview:

And you have introspective and sexual songs next to each other on the album, which is interesting.

Originally, I wanted to have two records-one was going to be all of my envelople-pushing, mischeif-making, provocative music. And then there was going to be the more romantic side of me, the more vulnerable side of me.

• April 16 2015:  In an interview with Huffington Post, Diplo briefly talked about his final mix of Bitch, I’m Madonna not making it onto the album: 

But there's another twist: Because Madonna hurried to master the demos of the six "Rebel Heart" tracks she released to combat the leaks, the album version of the song isn't Diplo's final mix. He said he was "kind of done" with the track as we know it, so he's since posted his intended cut on SoundCloud.

Wouldn't it be titbits with Madonna ?

47 minutes ago, deathproof said:

What would they need Avicii for if his final versions were already released?

They were the final versions roughly around 6 months before the album release. We don’t know if either Avicii or Madonna were fully satisfied with those versions or further mixing would have been done before final mastering.

Maybe a few tracks would be mastered as a bonus but I just don’t see a full rework of the album.

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

• September 2014: The final demo of Addicted that's recorded this month is actually the finished version, but what was sent to be mastered for the official album, was the May 9th demo. The final demo of Addicted, titled "Addicted [Demo 2014.09]," has a toned down grungy Nirvana sound, and features lots of different vocal layerings. It's very well polished, and sounds more like a pop-dance song then a guitar pop-punk track like in previous demos. It's odd this version wasn't sent to be mastered.
  • September 22 2014: Madonna makes a cryptic instagram post, talking about 2 sides 2 every story. Based on this, fans start believing that the upcoming album will be a double album.
    image.png.c49ba9f38e4a9645c86b72680fa8bec8.png
  • Dec 1 2014: Madonna & family arrive back to NY after spending time in Malawi.
    Sometime during the first week of December, Madonna sits down with MOJO for her magazine cover story. I've pulled the important bits for this timeline:

“D’you wanna hear the real version?” -Referring to the title track, Rebel Heart.

MOJO hears two versions of her return single, Living for Love- the first stripped and harking back to deep house 1989-style, the second more layered with EDM synth figures. Asked by the singer which we prefer, we choose the first and re-receive a hug as reward. “That’s my favorite too,” she beams. “It’s cool as fuck.”

“There are currently 36 tracks in various stages of completion. She winces when considering how she’s going to edit them down: I’m dreading that moment.” The 14 songs played to MOJO fall into two thematic camps: heartache and vulnerability (Joan of Arc, Ghosttown) and fuck-you-defiance (Bitch I’m Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch), while others combine these conflicting emotions (Heartbreak City, Wash All Over Me).

• Dec 18 2014: Madonna goes into the studio in NY to try and complete the mastering for the first 6 planned songs. 

However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of Dec. 18. "There was no time to call any of the producers -- nothing," says Oseary. "Just her final mastering sessions." [from a Jan 9th Billboard article detailing the inside story of the leaks and pre-order release.]
  • December 21 2014: Madonna is interviewed for Billboard by Keith Caulfied:

There has to be a silver lining somewhere. And, there you go. So let's talk about the music. Did you think about releasing these six songs as an EP, and then doing another EP later? Or did you want to make sure that all of the songs stayed together as the full Rebel Heart album -- as a piece of work?

Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together. 

• Dec 28 2014: Guy O talks to fans on twitter:

About the album release of Rebel Heart:
    The original plan was to release a double album in April 2015, which was "half Rebel, half Heart". This plan changed due to the recent leaks. It will now be one album with 19 full tracks, no interludes, to be released on March 10th. The album is "almost finished. Needs a little more work in the new year."

• March 10 2015: In an interview with NewNowNext, Madonna talked about the affect the leaks had on the finished product of the album:

Did the Rebel Heart leaks change anything about the album that was released?

It changed everything. First of all, it drove me insane—and made me feel an overwhelming sense of anxiety. It made me second guess everything, because suddenly I thought, 'Oh god, everyone's heard all these demos.'

There were some demos that I actually liked the demo version of, and I thought, 'Well they heard the demo, now they're going to be expecting other things.'

Then they heard the next level of versions, and it kept making me think 'Should I change it, or should I just leave it how it was?' I was second guessing everything rather than having to just choose for myself and put it out as I would normally, as an artist…

The way he leaked it and the way the stuff started coming out and coming out and coming out in all these different incarnations, it kind of drove me crazy. Then it started making me think I don't even know what version I should be putting out.

Some people were like 'Ooh, I love it! I love it!' and I was like, 'No, don't love it, because that's not the thing." So, it was crazy-making…

From now on I'll stay off the Web—everything HAND-DELIVERED!

This topic was discussed again during an interview with LA Times:
    You don't think the official album has supplanted the leak in people's brains?

I think their brains have been contaminated by what they've heard. And because I was continuously being hacked into – with all the different versions from all the different producers I was working with in all the different recording studios -- it started making me second-guess everything. I had extreme anxiety.

Some of the demos that I had done, I actually liked as demos; I liked the simplicity of them. But then people were commenting on them: "Oh, I can't wait to hear the finished version." And I thought, Well, what if this is the finished version? And then other people were saying they liked things as demos that I had changed the production of.

•  

March 12 2015: Rolling Stone Magazine interview:

And you have introspective and sexual songs next to each other on the album, which is interesting.

Originally, I wanted to have two records-one was going to be all of my envelople-pushing, mischeif-making, provocative music. And then there was going to be the more romantic side of me, the more vulnerable side of me.

• April 16 2015:  In an interview with Huffington Post, Diplo briefly talked about his final mix of Bitch, I’m Madonna not making it onto the album: 

But there's another twist: Because Madonna hurried to master the demos of the six "Rebel Heart" tracks she released to combat the leaks, the album version of the song isn't Diplo's final mix. He said he was "kind of done" with the track as we know it, so he's since posted his intended cut on SoundCloud.

wow thanks for that~!

7 hours ago, Andreo said:

Man you're right! Her vision was the double album, God knows why the label didn't want it... I think there's a real chance for this to happen tbh! Imagine how cool it would be to get the album in the way she really meant it to be! :Madonna014::Madonna001:

The label didn't allow a double album because it would end her contract too soon. They still wanted another studio album after that 

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

Thanks for putting this together. It’s awesome to have this timeline in her own words.

I’m still bitter some idiot decided to leak all those demos and basically ruined the Rebel Heart album.

I feel she should have just tuned it all out and go ahead with whatever her original vision was

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

They were the final versions roughly around 6 months before the album release. We don’t know if either Avicii or Madonna were fully satisfied with those versions or further mixing would have been done before final mastering.

Heartbreakcity, Messiah, Rebel Heart, are all of Avicci’s final versions.

DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds were already remixing and reworking songs late September. And Kanye/Mike Dean didn’t do work on the album till November. This all happened before the leaks. So the album versions of Devil Pray, Wash all Over, and Borrowed Time are what they were always suppose to be.

Its only a select few songs that weren’t released in their final form. 

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Heartbreakcity, Messiah, Rebel Heart, are all of Avicci’s final versions.

DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds were already remixing and reworking songs late September. And Kanye/Mike Dean didn’t do work on the album till November. This all happened before the leaks. So the album versions of Devil Pray, Wash all Over, and Borrowed Time are what they were always suppose to be.

Its only a select few songs that weren’t released in their final form. 

Hm interesting. Because I feel like most of the demos are cohesive while the final production is messy and all over the place. 

I always assumed Kanye and Mike Dean intervened after the leak happened. She even said in your post that she changed songs that she was happy with because of that