It just hit me that by 2025 Madonna could give us the Rebel Heart edition she always wanted us to have

21 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I can't deal with another super duper super deluxe edition version in a few years

Don't buy it then, I promise you it wont affect Madonna LOL! And there are LOTS of us out here that would love this. We are ALL NEVER gonna be satisfied with everything she does. But I support anything after this LOOOOOONG ASS SILENCE from her & absolutely NO love shown to her past! Bring it ALL the fuck on! 

I would die to finally hear an orchestral version of Messiah and also of Wash all over me. Live to tell would be blown out of the water. These two tracks along with Rebel Heart suffered the most from their production I think. 

Oh and I need M singing Autotune baby on Instagram for some real promotion. 

• 1 year later...

I'm sure the experts can correct me, but a double album probably would dip in the contractual agreement of  what was agreed on, initially.  So if there was a three album deal, a double album may have kept a future album (Madame X) from happening.  I feel she still got her way with three versions of the album.  It's just a shame that the standard doesn't include the title track.

3 hours ago, tscott said:

I'm sure the experts can correct me, but a double album probably would dip in the contractual agreement of  what was agreed on, initially.  So if there was a three album deal, a double album may have kept a future album (Madame X) from happening.  I feel she still got her way with three versions of the album.  It's just a shame that the standard doesn't include the title track.

Probably.

Also, separating the "heart" songs and the "rebel" songs makes for two flat albums with no peaks and valleys. Also the rebel songs on the album are almost all terrible

The leak I think affected a lot my approach on the final versions of the songs. It was unavoidable for me to make comparisons between leaked and final mixes...

While with no leaks I would never do it...

Personally I do not completely ageee with the selection that made the final cut, moreover I find that the 6 EP has an overall better and cohesive production, while some of the other tunes lack something.

For example I don't like the omission of those middle eastern like vocals on the middle 8 of Body Shop, they are almost impossible to hear on the album mix...but there again, I would never notice it, if the leak didn't occur.

I much prefer Joan of arc as it is in its acoustic version, for me they ruined it with that percussion.

Wash it all over me with just that piano makes  me cry, so naked and raw and real, I dislike a lot what they did with it on the album version. 

But Rebel Heart had many gems on its official version: ghostown, Iconic, Messiah, Unapologetic bitch...she was still on top for this album. If only she had released just the very good ones and with a the best production for each track, it would have been a top notch record, cause she was quite into it and with a good voice and very beautiful.

All in all, that era was fascinating. Everything that happened I think changed her a lot: the demogate, the rocco´s custody feud, the brit awards falling...She started the era in perfect shape and ended it like saying: I can´t go on anymore with my public persona, ergo what has hapenned since then.

9 hours ago, tscott said:

This. The double "Rebel Heart" album would have counted as two and Live Nation/Interscope said "no, bitch". :Madonna009:

What an era, really. From the endless tracklist with a thousand songs covering every commercial angle possible to all the drama and non-stop promotion: Grammys and Brits at the same time, her doing even the little newspaper interviews... she was everywhere. When she didn't get anything out of all of that work she just said "f**k it" and then we got "Madame X" next. "If they don't care anyway I'm gonna do exactly what I want".

I love "Rebel Heart" but probably is her most dated Interscope album now, even more than "MDNA". The songs, structures and production choices are very... well, 2014-2015.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, steady75 said:

Unused tracks should give us an idea of the wealth of material she records for her other albums.

RH was an exception considering how many people she worked with.

15 hours ago, tscott said:

I don't know about that, but I know that a double album would count as two copies when it comes to selling.

18 minutes ago, Justice said:

RH was an exception considering how many people she worked with.

I don't know about that, but I know that a double album would count as two copies when it comes to selling.

Actually it would have counted as two as  @Prayer   stated as well:

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

This. The double "Rebel Heart" album would have counted as two and Live Nation/Interscope said "no, bitch". :Madonna009: