Random Question about IGTTYAS

RUADJAI

Who do you think put the music together for the movie? I thought it was brilliant the way they used elements from Words, Your Honesty, Hanky Panky and the Material Girl Remix in the film to create certain moods. Something I thought may carry over into future video projects, but never happened. Anyone have any idea or info?

On 8/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Bermu said:

Stuart. For sure.

He was the Music Director for the whole Re-invention Tour, making big re-inventions or re-discoverings like The Beast Within, Don't Tell Me, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach or Music. In fact, he also was the Music Director for the Drowned World Tour earlier, and the responsible for its enigmatic and thrilling intro (ROL sirens... Express yourself, don't repress yourself... DW/SFL organs... Do you like my acid rock... and people going crazy).

The IGTTYAS is another example of what he is capable of doing with music, but his best work was, with no dobut, Confessions on a Dance Floor (album and tour). Only someone with so much love for the music of the 70s and 80s could think of using the Abba sample, or doing that mix of Future Lovers with I Feel Love, or that version of Music Inferno, or taking out of the trunk of oblivion what at first we called You Thrill Me, the Erotica demo.

I wish Madonna would go back to working with Stuart Price some day.
With Stuart, second parts are always even better than the first.

I agree about the tours. The album was decent but pretty underwhelming overall haha