Cinderella movie - Material Girl

Enrico

I am watching the Cinderella movie which is available from today on Prime Video, and I didn't know it features new renditions of classics like Rhythm Nation or Somebody to love.

So with great surprise I find out that the great Idina Menzel performs Material Girl. This song was also featured in Moulin Rouge and is becoming a perfect musical theatre song!

I hope this helps to raise interest in Madonna for the new generations!

Well funny you say this....and i ignored the recent absurdity surrounding the title of Queen of Pop...but culturally, unlike most others, she is referenced in movies everywhere, and has been so since the 80's. whether its a quick snipe in a comedic moment in an 80's movie to Bridget Jones singalong, to Tarantino during the explanation of Like A virgin. Her name mentioned and pops up when you're  least expecting it to. Now that my friends is a true legend....and one that no person alive can compare. 

5 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

Well funny you say this....and i ignored the recent absurdity surrounding the title of Queen of Pop...but culturally, unlike most others, she is referenced in movies everywhere, and has been so since the 80's. whether its a quick snipe in a comedic moment in an 80's movie to Bridget Jones singalong, to Tarantino during the explanation of Like A virgin. Her name mentioned and pops up when you're  least expecting it to. Now that my friends is a true legend....and one that no person alive can compare. 

You are right, she is referenced everywhere, from Tarantino to Pose, what I meant is that despite this young generations have never heard her songs.

9 hours ago, Enrico said:

You are right, she is referenced everywhere, from Tarantino to Pose, what I meant is that despite this young generations have never heard her songs.

This is just how the world works.
Mozart is referenced everywhere too for hundreds of years but most people don’t listen to his entire body of work lol

This is simply a ghastly number.  

Madonna should sue.

This is as fucking bad as Moulin Rouge was brilliant.  This is perhaps the worst use of a Madonna track I have ever seen.  The arrangement?  Awful.  The oversinging?  Even worse.  And the staging and lighting and  everything else?  Just embarrassing. 

Again — Madonna should sue. ;)