Jump to content

I FIXED EROTICA


MADAME SEX
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes! I love this! This honestly feels more compact and cohesive than the original, I love erotica but I always felt something is missing. Always felt weird about Justify not being in it, it's literally the prelude of the era! 

Fuck, now I want a copy of this! Hoping for a great remaster of this album with more gorgeous tracks, we need Innocence in the official tracklist! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Yes! I love this! This honestly feels more compact and cohesive than the original, I love erotica but I always felt something is missing. Always felt weird about Justify not being in it, it's literally the prelude of the era! 

Fuck, now I want a copy of this! Hoping for a great remaster of this album with more gorgeous tracks, we need Innocence in the official tracklist! 

We do!! I used only lossless waveform files and I'm looking forward to burn it on a cd , but  this thing is damn long lol

Also, I think the original concept was way longer than the version we got , and I reflected a lot before I made the changes on this section I found on wikipedia: " The title Erotica refers to the contents of the album: to love in all its aspects and its facets, from the most instinctive character that sex can take, to amorous disappointments, to the sweetness of falling in love up to the fight against sexual prejudices. In her intentions, Madonna wanted to publish a sort of musical "encyclopedia" on the sexual and amorous attitudes of the human being"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MADAME SEX said:

We do!! I used only lossless waveform files and I'm looking forward to burn it on a cd , but  this thing is damn long lol

Also, I think the original concept was way longer than the version we got , and I reflected a lot before I made the changes on this section I found on wikipedia: " The title Erotica refers to the contents of the album: to love in all its aspects and its facets, from the most instinctive character that sex can take, to amorous disappointments, to the sweetness of falling in love up to the fight against sexual prejudices. In her intentions, Madonna wanted to publish a sort of musical "encyclopedia" on the sexual and amorous attitudes of the human being"

I love this. I hope I can see this 'fullness' of the album with the remaster/deluxe edition. I was also wondering if Dear Father could fit in it, I really like that unreleased track! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

I love this. I hope I can see this 'fullness' of the album with the remaster/deluxe edition. I was also wondering if Dear Father could fit in it, I really like that unreleased track! 

I'd love a nice mastering of Shame . I really want M to revisit this "encyclopedia " idea the next year . so many good songs can join the concept !  :Madonna001:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I added Erotic to the end.  

1. Erotica

2. Fever

3. Bye Bye Baby

4. Deeper and Deeper

5. Justify My Love

6. Where Life Begins

7. Bad Girl

8. Waiting

9. Their of Hearts

10. Words

11. Rescue Me

12. Rain

13. Why's It So Hard

14.  In This Life

15. Did You Do It?

16. Goodbye to Innocence 

17. Secret Garden

18. Erotic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think there's nothing to be fixed on Erotica, but I like your tracklist and I'm gonna burn a cd with it cos I wanna listen to it but... where the hack is Did you do it ???

I don't know if that's the place for Justify my love: 4 slow/mid tempo tracks in a row are quite a lot... maybe before or after Goodbye to innocence ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, OceanBlue said:

I don't think there's nothing to be fixed on Erotica, but I like your tracklist and I'm gonna burn a cd with it cos I wanna listen to it but... where the hack is Did you do it ???

I don't know if that's the place for Justify my love: 4 slow/mid tempo tracks in a row are quite a lot... maybe before or after Goodbye to innocence ?

As a b-side on a single where it belongs. We are trying to get rid of Did You Do it.  :speakno:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

While i agree with GTI replacing Did You Do It, why on earth would JML and Rescue Me be on there? The production doesn’t match at all.

 

I think JML is very fitting and sensual , we can work on the right spot in the tracklist maybe.

rescue me is a lil forced yeah but still not that out of place 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OceanBlue said:

I don't think there's nothing to be fixed on Erotica, but I like your tracklist and I'm gonna burn a cd with it cos I wanna listen to it but... where the hack is Did you do it ???

I don't know if that's the place for Justify my love: 4 slow/mid tempo tracks in a row are quite a lot... maybe before or after Goodbye to innocence ?

I think JML has to be in the first batch of songs for its highly sensual and provocateur content. We can put it as first song ( also for a chronological matter ) but I like to start with erotica better.  Anyway I think it feels awkward in any spot after bad girl ....

 

Did you do it it's just Dita's fever dream , hope one day you will wake up too  :Madonna009:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I added Erotic to the end.  

1. Erotica

2. Fever

3. Bye Bye Baby

4. Deeper and Deeper

5. Justify My Love

6. Where Life Begins

7. Bad Girl

8. Waiting

9. Their of Hearts

10. Words

11. Rescue Me

12. Rain

13. Why's It So Hard

14.  In This Life

15. Did You Do It?

16. Goodbye to Innocence 

17. Secret Garden

18. Erotic

I kinda like the reprise in the end with the title track , but I wish "did you do it "was Shame at this point... 

And I like my albums with even tracks , not odds . I made an exception just for ROL and MX lmao so if you want to add a track, make sure you add two or delete one previously existing :Madonna004:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, marcusvap said:

I love this album more and more. Each day it moves up more positions in my album rankings of hers.

Erotica will be forever part of my holy trinity . So avant-grade, so misunderstood. It better be well celebrated and revisited  by critics and public 30 years later .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erotica is and has always been perfect, and yes, that means including Did You Do it? (the lyrics are hilarious and you just can't deny that groove). I see where you're coming from however. I do have a playlist where I added Goodbye To Innocence and This Used To Be My Playground, I feel these are the only officially released songs that can possibly be added to the track listing as they were recorded during the Erotica studio sessions. Rescue Me sticks out like a sore thumb here and Justify My Love has a completely different vibe. Like you say, it's sensual, there's warmth to it while the whole Erotica album has a much more detached and cool/cold vibe to me. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...