GIRD YOUR LOINS M IS PERFORMING TONIGHT! @ The VMA'S!

wonderboy

Just now, thegoldencalf said:

Maybe I’m biased but people seem pretty excited over her appearance even if it wasn’t her best moment 

I’m not seeing a lot of negativity either. Just praise and appreciation. The only negatives I see are in comments, which is common for anything on social media.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiegoLCL

I'm sorry but there's nothing groundbreaking in this. I'm totally fine with cosmetic surgery and I'm sure Madonna started doing things to her face back in the late 90's, her body her choice indeed. Also, i'm totally fine with woman of any age exploring their bodies, Grace Jones is 70+ and was topless on her last tour bursting with confidence and defiance. BUT when your face becomes paralyzed, your lip line distorted and your breasts and ass are out of human proportions that's borderline body dys

Prayer

Bitch is still on fire and living her best life, on her own terms, at 63. She's always been this way (except for the Ritchie years, all we all know how that ended up). I mean: Classic M reveal. All the negative comments about her looks, attitude, etc. are getting tiring now. She's not gonna stop. And she's not gonna stop aging. You're not gonna see BAT Madonna, Dita, ROL Madonna, Confessions Madonna or any perfect image of her you have in your mind. That's the past. This is

I...did not expect so many negative reactions in this thread. I thought the opening sequence was brilliant. The nod to New York City, the classic "$35 dollars and a dream" story and watching all those iconic videos displayed at once in Times Square really put into context everything she has achieved in the past 40 years. It dawned on me that it will never be another megastar like Madonna and once again, it remind me of the sheer magnitude of her legacy. As for the actual appearance, I

Posted Images

Maybe I’m biased but people seem pretty excited over her appearance even if it wasn’t her best moment 

I absolutely agree and it's great to see a widespread buzz about her.

I'm really hoping that like MusicInferno said, she really will be EVERYWHERE surrounding this biopic and I also hope that a major career retrospective tour coincides with this and the Warner deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I mean, facts. So weird though lol. That's like dressing up to go to the drug store for ONLY antihistamines. And thats it lol.

She got dressed up to get people talking and watch her film. She needs to get to bed early cause tomorrow she’ll be dressing up again and spend the evening with her actual peers.

9 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Something else about tonight…

Is Madonna starting to have substance issues? For a long time now, she’s been holding a drink in her hand in pics every chance she has, including tonight on her insta. If it’s not a drink, it’s a joint. But at least 50% of her posts nowadays do, if not more.

Her speech was…off…tonight. And it’s been something a little noticeable in public events for a while now. She also tripped a teensy bit on stage if you were watching closely. Now, sure, it could be the butt or heels or clothes…but the puffiness in public events and her slight inability to get two sentences out tonight was weird.

I don’t know. I’ve gotten the vibe for a while now that a lot of her Instagram behavior may be attributable to that, and tonight she just seemed off. Her expression is regularly glazed and her eyes don’t seem….how should we put this….fully alive. Again, it could just be the nip tuck but I do worry a little bit about her.

Tonight just left me a little sad as a fan. Sigh. Sorry to be the downer in the thread. I know I’m in the minority here, and I’m really happy for the fans who loved tonight.

I think it was nerves tonight. Her first VMA appearance in three years in a room full of people who will probably say that their parents grew up listening to her music before saying that they listen to it, she's opening the show and she's promoting the MXT film. It feels like a lot to do in a small window.  

3 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

I think it was nerves tonight. Her first VMA appearance in three years in a room full of people who will probably say that their parents grew up listening to her music before saying that they listen to it, she's opening the show and she's promoting the MXT film. It feels like a lot to do in a small window.  

Agree - and wearing insanely high, high heels - she's not worn heels of that height in years. 

Plus, it's not the first time she's been on the stoner path - didn't she claim she was stoned before the 1994 Letterman interview - and you can see in the 'making of Human Nature' her puffing on a bong lol. 

14 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Something else about tonight…

Is Madonna starting to have substance issues? For a long time now, she’s been holding a drink in her hand in pics every chance she has, including tonight on her insta. If it’s not a drink, it’s a joint. But at least 50% of her posts nowadays do, if not more.

Her speech was…off…tonight. And it’s been something a little noticeable in public events for a while now. She also tripped a teensy bit on stage if you were watching closely. Now, sure, it could be the butt or heels or clothes…but the puffiness in public events and her slight inability to get two sentences out tonight was weird.

I don’t know. I’ve gotten the vibe for a while now that a lot of her Instagram behavior may be attributable to that, and tonight she just seemed off. Her expression is regularly glazed and her eyes don’t seem….how should we put this….fully alive. Again, it could just be the nip tuck but I do worry a little bit about her.

Tonight just left me a little sad as a fan. Sigh. Sorry to be the downer in the thread. I know I’m in the minority here, and I’m really happy for the fans who loved tonight.

she gives 10000% weed vibes

24 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

She got dressed up to get people talking and watch her film. She needs to get to bed early cause tomorrow she’ll be dressing up again and spend the evening with her actual peers.

the sad truth is probably that only the fans like will be watching the film. Seems to be the norm for her now. but it was nice to see her attempt to get the general public talking

20 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

the sad truth is probably that only the fans like will be watching the film. Seems to be the norm for her now. but it was nice to see her attempt to get the general public talking

Depends what you mean by fans. There are the real fans like people here but Madonna also has millions of casual fans.

Probably only the hardcore fans will tune in on the release day but I’m sure a ton of people will end up watching it.

Especially since the teaser looks very artsy and visually appealing.

And I’m sure much more promotion will be done throughout the month

5 minutes ago, the queen said:

Madonna loves black clothes, but whenever she wears black clothes, I only realize that black clothes don't go very well with her. Madonna needs colorful costumes.

Madonna in black can be stunning. This outfit was trash regardless of the color lol.

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

Depends what you mean by fans. There are the real fans like people here but Madonna also has millions of casual fans.

Probably only the hardcore fans will tune in on the release day but I’m sure a ton of people will end up watching it.

Especially since the teaser looks very artsy and visually appealing.

And I’m sure much more promotion will be done throughout the month

I Agree. Hopefully promo works

2 hours ago, diegolcl said:

I'm going to say it before the positivity police arrives and I'll leave:

Why does she have to try this hard? Everything looked terribly edited and filtered; might as well do it directly on animation next time... why bother shooting at Time Squares? She couldn't say one sentence without stumble and she literally couldn't walk with those heels... I'm not going to comment on her body because what I find even sadder is that you can't see a trace of confidence in her anymore.

Turning 50 and getting divorced from Guy Ritchie damaged her more than I thought. She hasn’t been the same since. 
a lifetime of constructing a powerful ego that won every award, to slowly decay in front of our eyes…sad. 
that’s what happens when you spend your life in control, one small slip and it all falls apart. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic