GIRD YOUR LOINS M IS PERFORMING TONIGHT! @ The VMA'S!

wonderboy

Just now, Fighter said:

Social media didn't exist, I'm sure the negative stuff was easier to ignore

Actually that's totally fair. I didn't think of that. She never really had a direct channel to feedback besides tabloids if she chose to ignore it. Nowadays, she's bombarded by feedback in real time from the general public, and when she gets made fun of on Twitter and what not, it must sting. There isn't really a way to escape that nowadays. 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiegoLCL

I'm sorry but there's nothing groundbreaking in this. I'm totally fine with cosmetic surgery and I'm sure Madonna started doing things to her face back in the late 90's, her body her choice indeed. Also, i'm totally fine with woman of any age exploring their bodies, Grace Jones is 70+ and was topless on her last tour bursting with confidence and defiance. BUT when your face becomes paralyzed, your lip line distorted and your breasts and ass are out of human proportions that's borderline body dys

Prayer

Bitch is still on fire and living her best life, on her own terms, at 63. She's always been this way (except for the Ritchie years, all we all know how that ended up). I mean: Classic M reveal. All the negative comments about her looks, attitude, etc. are getting tiring now. She's not gonna stop. And she's not gonna stop aging. You're not gonna see BAT Madonna, Dita, ROL Madonna, Confessions Madonna or any perfect image of her you have in your mind. That's the past. This is

I...did not expect so many negative reactions in this thread. I thought the opening sequence was brilliant. The nod to New York City, the classic "$35 dollars and a dream" story and watching all those iconic videos displayed at once in Times Square really put into context everything she has achieved in the past 40 years. It dawned on me that it will never be another megastar like Madonna and once again, it remind me of the sheer magnitude of her legacy. As for the actual appearance, I

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TwistedRope said:

Official photo with Doja from the interview magazine after party:

She looks way more herself here than on her IG. I wish Ricardo would tone down the photoshopping just slightly, then it wouldn’t seem like she’s actively trying to pretended she’s something she’s not when we see her in ‘real life’ at events like last night. Because she looks great, she doesn’t need all the softening and face-reshaping.

Also I would be very here for a Madonna & Doja collab!

M wants the alien effect

WOW LMAO! Again, mis cachitos:

MADONNA killed it at the VMAs! Billboard, YouTube, Twitter, news outlets had mostly positive things to say! And again, just remember how the audience got on their feet when she came in! The world still is interested and we're so glad she's still giving us time because she wants to still!

Now let's move on to the MET GALA 2021 :crown:

what I really have trouble understanding is that she plays the role of a mature woman who assumes responsibility,
but conversely all her photos on insta are retouched as if she were 20 years old. I doubt she assumes her age as much as she tries to make it seem.

One of the things I respect is she gets attention on her own terms in her own way. She doesn’t become a judge on singing competition shows like so many older artists. Now that is the one thing if she did would make me lose respect for her. I can’t stand those shows. 

2 minutes ago, dead or alive said:

what I really have trouble understanding is that she plays the role of a mature woman who assumes responsibility,
but conversely all her photos on insta are retouched as if she were 20 years old. I doubt she assumes her age as much as she tries to make it seem.

What artist doesn’t retouch their photos? 

3 minutes ago, dead or alive said:

This. She isn't fooling anyone, she's just getting negative attention.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

It’s not just one event. She’s  been lacking in confidence at a number of public appearances for a while. 

Exactly. Just compare the Graham Norton Madame X interview with the previous one in 2012. She seems so nervous and uncomfortable which means she comes across as a bitch because she's not articulating herself well.

In 2012 she was funny and charming, confident and articulate... just amazing to watch and listen to. 

I just wonder what's changed.

This speech wasn't bad. It was unnecessary. To me, it was one of those moments. I also think the outfit made her look older. I am kind of used to her recent antics, and I'm glad she bothered to have sth filmed for the occasion as big as the 40th anniversary of the channel no one hardly watches these days. But still... The whole thing felt rushed and uninspired. And I doubt the trailer of her new documentary/concert special would attract new fans.

Yet, let's hope the concert special will at least have some memorable moments to revisit once we've seen it.

17 minutes ago, Ayham said:

So here’s my theory, when you make it more complicated & hire ALOT of people to style you, you actually make it less appealing…. Less is more. She needs to style herself & stop hiding her age. That’s my opinion. 

4E34F669-72E3-428E-BB88-69CACF3854FB.jpeg

OK but comparing a 2021 look/picture with a 2000 one is never going to be fair. :cute: But I get your point.

Personally, I love extra Madonna. Cyber-cowgirl was also super extra at the time but we all bought that cause 1) she was certainly beautiful and 2) the album/campaign was a big success.

She was beaming during the "Music" promo tour, I'll give you that!

• Fighter unfeatured this topic