GIRD YOUR LOINS M IS PERFORMING TONIGHT! @ The VMA'S!

wonderboy

19 minutes ago, me1981 said:

So easy to rip her apart. I could do this for any appearance. Her 88 Tony awards or her nervous warbling at the 97 Oscars or 99 Grammy Awards. 

Come on! Her Tony speech was very funny, although she was not in "her world".

Would you really compare the nervousness but also the emotions of You must lice me after not being nominated and when singing to yesterday's appearance? Really?

It's like saying she was trembling during Oscars 1991.

You tried, but you can't rip her apart for those appearances.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiegoLCL

I'm sorry but there's nothing groundbreaking in this. I'm totally fine with cosmetic surgery and I'm sure Madonna started doing things to her face back in the late 90's, her body her choice indeed. Also, i'm totally fine with woman of any age exploring their bodies, Grace Jones is 70+ and was topless on her last tour bursting with confidence and defiance. BUT when your face becomes paralyzed, your lip line distorted and your breasts and ass are out of human proportions that's borderline body dys

Prayer

Bitch is still on fire and living her best life, on her own terms, at 63. She's always been this way (except for the Ritchie years, all we all know how that ended up). I mean: Classic M reveal. All the negative comments about her looks, attitude, etc. are getting tiring now. She's not gonna stop. And she's not gonna stop aging. You're not gonna see BAT Madonna, Dita, ROL Madonna, Confessions Madonna or any perfect image of her you have in your mind. That's the past. This is

I...did not expect so many negative reactions in this thread. I thought the opening sequence was brilliant. The nod to New York City, the classic "$35 dollars and a dream" story and watching all those iconic videos displayed at once in Times Square really put into context everything she has achieved in the past 40 years. It dawned on me that it will never be another megastar like Madonna and once again, it remind me of the sheer magnitude of her legacy. As for the actual appearance, I

Posted Images

Just now, Enrico said:

Come on! Her Tony speech was very funny, although she was not in "her world".

Would you really compare the nervousness but also the emotions of You must lice me after not being nominated and when singing to yesterday's appearance? Really?

It's like saying she was trembling during Oscars 1991.

You tried, but you can't rip her apart for those appearances.

1997 - Since when has M cared about being nominated for an award, how desperate is she for acceptance? Why should she be nervous? She's Madonna, she had rehearsal time and she shouldn't care so much. She should own the room. Not the Madonna I remember, she wouldn't have cared so much but she has changed. What emotions, she wasn't nominated, she should have been fine. That wasn't even her song. 

1991 - She was trembling and many said her performance was lame/trashy back then, which shocked me. Not as many people were impressed as we think. She also messed up the words "A girl can get awfully awful in the spotlight" What does that mean? Awfully awful. Did she mean Awfully lonely? 

1988 - She spent the 88 Tony's going on about the mic stand and seeming so out of place in a ridiculous flower dress that she looked awful in (see how easy that was) 

Honestly I can rip anything just like everyone has the 2021 MTV Awards. I watched it again. She was fine. She repeated herself as she wanted to be heard, just like she has done in other appearances. Normally she bellows to be heard. She had a slight jolt when she turned, but she walked in and off with confidence. So she was nervous, she is always nervous. 

If you can forgive her past nervousness I don't get why this is any different. If you can forgive past cringe moments of which there are plenty, then why is this so different. If you can forgive past times she looked terrible in an outfit then why not this time.

This was not the sad pathetic moment people think it was. It just wasn't. I am not a M apologist nor a stan who can't be critical. I have had my moments, but this wasn't it. 

I think it’s largely because there were plenty of large events she was seen at and her general presence was everywhere years ago. Now the general public see her once in a blue moon and it’s generally very messy which just gives the impressions that she’s a mad old surgically enhanced blow up doll with little context and not much to say but “I’m the queen fuck you motherfuckers”

it’s seemingly less productive for her brand and public image, (which is why she does these things presumably as it’s work), than not showing up at all maybe? 
I thought the whole thing was fine but in truth I’m always watching through my fingers these days at public events, interviews and chat show appearances. 

Thankfully her videos and music is still worth investing in even if Madame X tour and album haven’t hit as hard as I’d have hoped personally there is still brilliance in there..and that’s why I’m still here because when she does serve it’s like no one else. It’s less frequent than it was but it’s worth sticking around for. That and I respect her, love her and care about her even though I’ve never met the woman.

but she taught me to have my own mind so. 

11 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I think it’s largely because there were plenty of large events she was seen at and her general presence was everywhere years ago. Now the general public see her once in a blue moon and it’s generally very messy which just gives the impressions that she’s a mad old surgically enhanced blow up doll with little context and not much to say but “I’m the queen fuck you motherfuckers”

it’s seemingly less productive for her brand and public image, (which is why she does these things presumably as it’s work), than not showing up at all maybe? 
I thought the whole thing was fine but in truth I’m always watching through my fingers these days at public events, interviews and chat show appearances. 

Thankfully her videos and music is still worth investing in even if Madame X tour and album haven’t hit as hard as I’d have hoped personally there is still brilliance in there..and that’s why I’m still here because when she does serve it’s like no one else. It’s less frequent than it was but it’s worth sticking around for. That and I respect her, love her and care about her even though I’ve never met the woman.

but she taught me to have my own mind so. 

It's also time. I can tell you in the 90's I always watched through my fingers as she was considered cringe even back then. Now I look back and wonder what I was so worried about.

The thing is M back then wasn't like everyone else, which was awkward and uncomfortable for me as a young man that wanted her to fit in. She was always being crucified all the time and especially between 93 - 97 she was seen as a pathetic has been.

The truth is nothing has changed. Maybe she isn't that on fire 20-40 year old, but she isn't some sad pathetic shell of a human either. 

Nothing. NOTHING anyone says about her appearances today wasn't being said back in the 90's, and much worse. She has always had the same comments I see here in this forum.

We don't like it because we don't believe it anymore.

Preaching against sexism and ageism, yet all the while modelling herself on the male gaze and modern beauty ideals.

Protesting that she's altruistically blazing a trail for other woman, when it's really for her own fight against mortality.

1997-2007 Madonna would find 2021 Madonna so reductive.

4 hours ago, me1981 said:

It's also time. I can tell you in the 90's I always watched through my fingers as she was considered cringe even back then. Now I look back and wonder what I was so worried about.

The thing is M back then wasn't like everyone else, which was awkward and uncomfortable for me as a young man that wanted her to fit in. She was always being crucified all the time and especially between 93 - 97 she was seen as a pathetic has been.

The truth is nothing has changed. Maybe she isn't that on fire 20-40 year old, but she isn't some sad pathetic shell of a human either. 

Nothing. NOTHING anyone says about her appearances today wasn't being said back in the 90's, and much worse. She has always had the same comments I see here in this forum.

I think what gets under a certain portion of her fan bases skin, (mine included) is that she doesn’t seem to think she is enough. Yes we’ve heard the personal choice / stop telling women what to do with their bodies etc, but it ain’t about that. There’s beauty in age and yet she seem utterly terrified by it, which just always seems strange to me cause her mother died so young. She already won. 

There were many historical awards shows or PA’s or interviews where she was in pretty regular attire. She doesn’t always need to be dressed as a Russian Hooker, World Leader, Military chief, 

/ whispers/

“military chief”

Madame X blah blah etc. 

Anyway I won’t keep going on. I loved the taxi thing and the whole thing will make great copy years from now in her life story and it really does seem like she’s ready to embrace her legacy. And ultimately I’m so grateful we still have her.. I just shudder to think that the perils of fame will take her look my other beloved greats. 

Something is off, but nothing  new at all, we saw this with a lot of older artists: they turn more crazy and 'weird' as they age: Joan Crawford, Elton John, Sara Montiel in Spain... They miss their young days and usually they have a big fortune behind, that attracts a lot of snakes. They are also into younger people, who basically are young and deluxe scorts, with a few exceptions... that means a lot of botox and silicone to maintan that...

Nothing bad at all. Let her enjoy, I liked the video intro. Nothing wrong with the dress for the speech, but as I said other times on this forum: is getting repetitive, too much MDNA vibe still, wich was also a recycled thing from Blond Ambition / Justify my love vibe. 

Of course she feels insecure, those shows are not her target anymore. The room was full of teenagers, but they still went wild for her. Someone on the forum mentioned it before: maybe is too much break without one project and the other, so everytime that she returns, is like 4 years happened in between and a lot of things can change on that lapse, so she is 'rusted', specially if it's on live TV, when nothing can be edited like her tours. 

36 minutes ago, steady75 said:

There’s beauty in age and yet she seem utterly terrified by it, which just always seems strange to me cause her mother died so young. She already won.

This.

She doesn’t always need to be dressed as a Russian Hooker, World Leader, Military chief,

LOL!

And ultimately I’m so grateful we still have her

And this.

1 hour ago, diegolcl said:

I miss her smile... (can she smile, still? No shade, really).

I've been thinking about this for a lot! I really miss her smiles! And yes, she can still smile! it's just that she always seems so serious in the last years, I really don't remember a big smile of hers since the Madame X Era tbh! 

Sigh. I hate being this critical.

That thing around her head at the afterparty looks like a plastic surgeon forgot to take the bandages off. Or I  guess she was just going for a sexy nun look or something?

Both looks are unflattering and either tired, cheap and/or uninspiring. 

I'm going to go on with my life pretending this night never happened. 

56 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Remember we are a very teeny tiny microscopic percentage of how many fans are out there. It becomes easy to think we are the only ones cuz we chat on a forum and we are the authority on all things Madonna. lol

You would think anyone who spends any amount of time here or chooses to participate in the conversation would have at least learned a few basic bullet points from Kabbalah over the years though. 

9 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

You would think anyone who spends any amount of time here or chooses to participate in the conversation would have at least learned a few basic bullet points from Kabbalah over the years though. 

"Don't be a jackass" isn't exclusive to Kabbalah. In fact, all societies have that in the rules. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic