Madame X Tour Premiere ~ September 23

Shoful

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It was the first truly uptempo number after 10 or 11 medium tempo or ballads, so very much needed in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Balladonna but I'd love a little more of balance in the middle part of the show, to be honest. Also, I think it's the perfect introduction to the ending of the show, with "Like A Prayer" and the "I Rise" encore.

I think it was the remix what made some fans dislike it, since the original is... well, another mid tempo. I prefer the original to the remix, but found the remix to be perfect for that part of the show.

Also the "ooohhhs" from the song were really awful. You can tell that performance was an afterthought. And it didn't flow with the show. Crave should've been done during the Portuguese section as an acoustic number as she rehearsed. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Loru said:

I haven't seen the tour and I have no idea how that performance is, but from the videos I've seen, it seems to me that the parts of the concert where she doesn't dance are better than those where she does. Also because by now she dances very badly and she results very stiff (she was dancing a bit stiff already at the time of the RHT, but she got worse by a lot).

I hope that one day at least a non-professional video will come out in which we can see the performance, because so far only little pieces have been released. And I'm curious.

I think a full video from this performance is out already 

31 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

The vocals were not good at all. The "ohhh" were scary. You can check in the available audios. The choreography was basic in the wrong way. The version is worst than the album version  that is pretty good actually. So everything shouted "leave me in the editing room". So good choice.

29 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I personally liked it. She used the Tracy Young Mix. The backdrops were New York at night (similar to God Control video) and the dancers were wearing 70s costumes similar do Deeper And Deeper in The Girlie Show. She came out wearing the Versace printed robe and the matching Versace military hat. It was a high energy dance number. A bit cheesy but fun. Too bad it was cut.

I’m so glad instead we’re getting yet another variation of the MET/Eurovision Like A Prayer but not as glamorous 

27 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

I really didn't like the remix, I think Crave is an amazing song on the original version, very personal, and the remix took that away to me. 

BUT OMG WE'RE GETTING THE FULL SHOW

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It was the first truly uptempo number after 10 or 11 medium tempo or ballads, so very much needed in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Balladonna but I'd love a little more of balance in the middle part of the show, to be honest. Also, I think it's the perfect introduction to the ending of the show, with "Like A Prayer" and the "I Rise" encore.

I think it was the remix what made some fans dislike it, since the original is... well, another mid tempo. I prefer the original to the remix, but found the remix to be perfect for that part of the show.

Interesting, thanks everyone! So basically the choice of using a remix was the thing that turned many fans off. I haven't listened to this remix yet, but I'm sorry we didn't get an original / acoustic version of it live. I remember she even teased it before the tour started :(

17 minutes ago, Omero said:

I think crave was not included because it was not recorded professionally and it seems mx is something more cinematic, it's very different from the release of his two previous Tours

It was professionally filmed on the 12th and 14th nights from January 2020 where the DVD was recorded 

36 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

The vocals were not good at all. The "ohhh" were scary. You can check in the available audios. The choreography was basic in the wrong way. The version is worst than the album version  that is pretty good actually. So everything shouted "leave me in the editing room". So good choice.

34 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I personally liked it. She used the Tracy Young Mix. The backdrops were New York at night (similar to God Control video) and the dancers were wearing 70s costumes similar do Deeper And Deeper in The Girlie Show. She came out wearing the Versace printed robe and the matching Versace military hat. It was a high energy dance number. A bit cheesy but fun. Too bad it was cut.

I’m so glad instead we’re getting yet another variation of the MET/Eurovision Like A Prayer but not as glamorous 

32 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

I really didn't like the remix, I think Crave is an amazing song on the original version, very personal, and the remix took that away to me. 

BUT OMG WE'RE GETTING THE FULL SHOW

28 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think it was the remix what made some fans dislike it, since the original is... well, another mid tempo. I prefer the original to the remix, 

Omg sorry, I was posting a comment, the site lagged for a whole minute and at the end it made me post 5 different times wtf, how can i fix this mess? :rip: Still sorry lol

Edited by Andreo
Multiple posts (see edit history)

Interesting, thanks everyone! So basically the choice of using a remix was the thing that turned many fans off. I haven't listened to this remix yet, but I'm sorry we didn't get an original / acoustic version of it live. I remember she even teased it before the tour started :(

3 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Interesting, thanks everyone! So basically the choice of using a remix was the thing that turned many fans off. I haven't listened to this remix yet, but I'm sorry we didn't get an original / acoustic version of it live. I remember she even teased it before the tour started :(

The show had way too many acoustic/mid tempo numbers. It desperately needed more uptempo moments like that. And acoustic version would have been overkill. It would have worked only for the small group that wants an unplugged show. Definitely most of the audience would have bored to death by then

Just now, thegoldencalf said:

The show had way too many acoustic/mid tempo numbers. It desperately needed more uptempo moments like that. And acoustic version would have been overkill. It would have worked only for the small group that wants an unplugged show. Definitely most of the audience would have bored to death by then

It makes sense, I understand. Rescue me could have been a great solution for a performance instead of being an interlude 

6 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Interesting, thanks everyone! So basically the choice of using a remix was the thing that turned many fans off. I haven't listened to this remix yet, but I'm sorry we didn't get an original / acoustic version of it live. I remember she even teased it before the tour started :(

YOU'RE A BITCH :Madonna031:

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

It makes sense, I understand. Rescue me could have been a great solution for a performance instead of being an interlude 

Was Rescue Me really *that* big? Like would the general public have known it if she performed it? Just curious -- One of my favorite songs of her's, but was always speculative of this being as big of a song in this show as some suggested. I wasn't alive when it came out, so forgive me lol.

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Was Rescue Me really *that* big? Like would the general public have known it if she performed it? Just curious -- One of my favorite songs of her's, but was always speculative of this being as big of a song in this show as some suggested. I wasn't alive when it came out, so forgive me lol.

I don't think it has to be one of her biggest hits, I just think it could have worked as a song itself and as a performance. If rearranged well, it could have fit the perfect sequence of songs at the end imho

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

I don't think it has to be one of her biggest hits, I just think it could have worked as a song itself and as a performance. If rearranged well, it could have fit the perfect sequence of songs at the end imho

Oh sure, with you there. It would have been great to still have had the intro with the dancers though. That was pretty cool live. 

The Spy section really should have closed the main set and opened with Vogue at the end. Add in Justify My Love and Rescue Me into that set (with maybe a jazzy version of Secret?), and you've got an excellent closing to the show before an encore of Like a Prayer / I Rise. 

7 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

As a single it wasn't a great success back in 91, however it is on her biggest selling record, so it's safe to assume everyone in the crowd knows it from the immculate collection

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

It wasn’t so much the remix. It just felt out of place. And the performance itself was just lackluster. 100% filler material.

It was like Sesame Street Live

image.jpeg.931a8a877290954fffaa8c6b405a0082.jpeg

(I was making fun of @Andreo so this response is actually to him :Madonna009:)

This. It was like a cruise ship Madonna impersonator. Tired Deeper and Deeper choreography to the left...to the right...repeat...to the Crave Tracy Young remix. It was bad and unnecessary lol. 

I think Crave was a good moment in that section for bring up the energy after so many low energy songs. The remix wasn’t bad and all the choreography and vibe was like Holiday/everybody style. Of course she wasn’t dancing well, it’s normal. Maybe if she performed one of her old song in that moment the results would be better. I don’t like the fact that she is cut it, but it’s ok, at least the highlights remains. 

7 minutes ago, ron92 said:

I think Crave was a good moment in that section for bring up the energy after so many low energy songs. The remix wasn’t bad and all the choreography and vibe was like Holiday/everybody style. Of course she wasn’t dancing well, it’s normal. Maybe if she performed one of her old song in that moment the results would be better. I don’t like the fact that she is cut it, but it’s ok, at least the highlights remains. 

I don't understand why she couldn't do the performance again with a better choreography on the reshoots from last February :confused:

• Fighter unfeatured this topic