Madame X Tour Premiere ~ September 23

Shoful

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

I saw Madame X in Vegas, opening night, when she didn't start until the next day. People were booing and walking out. Don't think she likes Vegas too much....

I think it just was her fault for making people wait so many hours, not the actual Vegas crowd being annoying imo

What distinguished this tour and concert film from others was its smaller scale, consisting entirely of theater venues instead of stadiums or arenas. And that intimacy may not necessarily translate to the film, Madonna told the Guardian.

“There’s a lot of moments where I talk to the audience, but we had to cut a lot of that down for time.” 

“Covid shut us out at the end – we were going to film more shows.”

Obviously the last shows in Paris…

27 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I saw the show in Paris so never got Crave. So it won’t be missed from me. And yes, the performance was posted on her Instagram so we have a recording of it anyway. Im sure it was an uplifting moment in the show but was not a great performance really.

When? Is there a link for it?

4 minutes ago, xrhaul said:

What distinguished this tour and concert film from others was its smaller scale, consisting entirely of theater venues instead of stadiums or arenas. And that intimacy may not necessarily translate to the film, Madonna told the Guardian.

“There’s a lot of moments where I talk to the audience, but we had to cut a lot of that down for time.” 

“Covid shut us out at the end – we were going to film more shows.”

Obviously the last shows in Paris…

Yeah, the last 2 shows in Paris were cancelled, which were the original first 2 in Paris that were rescheduled. Such terrible luck for the fans. I was in Paris for the 7th March which was also cancelled and recall hearing rumours that the last few shows were going to be filmed, so what he is saying makes sense.  

15 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I think it just was her fault for making people wait so many hours, not the actual Vegas crowd being annoying imo

Yeah, what people don't get about her Vegas shows is that all the other acts start on time and stick to pretty strict schedules. They may be 20ish minutes late, but that's about as late as it gets. Any visitor would have thought this was just a quick random residency at Caesar's, based on it being in the same theatre as Celine. I'm sure these weren't only die hard fans -- Lots of people probably got tickets thinking they'd scored the jackpot of seeing Madonna on their Vegas trip. Of course they were pissed when she came on hours late, especially with the lack of phones.

Just now, SuperBicycle said:

Yeah, the last 2 shows in Paris were cancelled, which were the original first 2 in Paris that were rescheduled. Such terrible luck for the fans. I was in Paris for the 7th March which was also cancelled and recall hearing rumours that the last few shows were going to be filmed, so what he is saying makes sense.  

Well thank God she didn't, because we probably would have ended up with MDNA / Rebel Heart style editing with different theatres if she had. 

Just now, eXtremeOccident said:

Lots of people probably got tickets thinking they'd scored the jackpot of seeing Madonna on their Vegas trip. Of course they were pissed when she came on hours late, especially with the lack of phones.

Yes, absolutely, I can 100% confirm that, people were walking out, people who had very very good seats, as in the 2nd row, so guess who decided those seats needed to be occupied...... :)

• Fighter unfeatured this topic