Madame X Tour Premiere ~ September 23

Shoful

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause she wanted to show us her 1990 speech from that airport somewhere, lmao.
I have not understood almost any decision that she makes for a long time. Portugal and her residence in Lisbon is the heart of the theme of Madame X, the shoots even takes the Portuguese elements and the most representative song of Portugal you cut it because its most important a random speach from 1990. Ok girl

Enviado desde mi SM-N986B mediante Tapatalk

LOL that Vatican Speech is not random at all. It was her response to something important that was happening to her and her career.
I'll have to wait until oct 8th to watch the film but I'm sure she included it because they thought it would fit (and add) to the narrative of the show
That was happening 30 YEARS AGO. I attended 2 shows at Lisbon and there is any part of the show that is related to that moment

Enviado desde mi SM-N986B mediante Tapatalk

@Shoful the Manifesto of Madame Interlude before Vogue was moved to the beginning before the long intro of God Control??? And what about the other intros? I mean the long instrumental intros for God Control, Dark Ballet, Extreme Occident, Come Alive and I Rise? And obviously the pre-recorded intro for Batuka and Medellín??? Were they shortened??? ?

2 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

@Shoful the Manifesto of Madame Interlude before Vogue was moved to the beginning before the long intro of God Control??? And what about the other intros? I mean the long instrumental intros for God Control, Dark Ballet, Extreme Occident, Come Alive and I Rise? And obviously the pre-recorded intro for Batuka and Medellín??? Were they shortened??? ?

Yes Manifesto was the beginning. The interlude was just her talking making jokes. The typewriting scenes seemed to be trimmed slightly but not a lot. Everything that was long was trimmed slightly. I’ll say that. Extreme Occident was trimmed which had me shook

2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Yes Manifesto was the beginning. The interlude was just her talking making jokes. The typewriting scenes seemed to be trimmed slightly but not a lot. Everything that was long was trimmed slightly. I’ll say that. Extreme Occident was trimmed which had me shook

I mean...trimming some fat from this show is okay. It needed some editing. But...cuting Sodade hurts me. Physically hurts me. 

5 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Honey what about the typewriter intro for God Control? Was it shortened too? And what about the Express Yourself acapella before Human Nature? Is on the film or was it cutted too? 

1 minute ago, RebelHeart said:

Sorry but this sounds like a messy release. Removing songs, moving the intros... like wtf?

I mean...if it translates better into a show...why not? The thing is...the manifesto made sense before Vogue. It's when she comes out looking like that. 

Just now, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I mean...if it translates better into a show...why not? The thing is...the manifesto made sense before Vogue. It's when she comes out looking like that. 

That's what I'm saying. I wanted to see the true intro of GC also... maybe trimmed, because I know it was too long but... meh.

1 minute ago, PanditaRulez said:

Honey what about the typewriter intro for God Control? Was it shortened too? And what about the Express Yourself acapella before Human Nature? Is on the film or was it cutted too? 

Yes it was trimmed slightly. Express Yourself was included!

1 minute ago, DaddyZ said:

It’s “art”. I guess ??‍♂️

I know her "sense of art" changed radically over the years especially towards her dvd releases... it just hurts that at some point we got CT dvd and now we're dealing with trimming, moving, editing too much etc. :cry:

• Fighter unfeatured this topic