Madame X Tour Premiere ~ September 23

Shoful

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Yeah, she's so obsessed with her past she literally ignored half her hits catalogue for 40 years till the Warner Plan got announced, lol. 

You are cutting out important parts of my sentence and distorting my meaning.

This is what I wrote.

26 minutes ago, the queen said:

She was a person who pursued the future rather than the past. But now she has changed. She is obsessed with her splendid past, recalling her splendid and glorious past.

She was a person who pursued the future rather than the past. But now she has changed.

Why do you cut that part off and distort what I'm trying to say?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Andreo said:

the song just reconnects with her most controversial tour and the concept of "artists disturbing the peace"

That's exactly what I'm saying. If the God control and dark ballet had really hit and caused controversy just like BAT tour, Madonna would have filmed a new speech video. But she couldn't do that. Why? Because the songs was not even a hit, and it did not receive anyone's attention, let alone causing controversy.

Imagine that Madonna is giving a NEW speech like a BAT speech alone, while no one is interested in these songs. How funny and sad that would be. She knows that, too. But she want it BAT tour kind of controversy from these songs That's why she didn't take a new speech video and just reused the BAT speech video.

Edited by the queen (see edit history)

Being referential to her past (which is indeed splendid and glorious) doesn’t mean she’s obsessed with her past and not a forward or future thinking artist. 
She truly is in uncharted territory as far as pop stars go. With the exception of possibly Tina Turner or Cher, but they also had already embraced the “heritage act”  label well before their 40yr career mark. The entire Madame X persona, album, and tour are very referential to her past, but she didn’t pander to the audience to make it wholly familiar or comfortable, which would’ve been much easier (and probably terribly boring) for her as an artist. 

Madame X is not my favorite album, and not my favorite tour, but it is full of messages that are both current and forward thinking. As I stated earlier, MXT was, to me at least, reminiscent of BAT in the turning of the pop star concert tour into something theatrical and new and different than what anyone had really seen before in an arena or stadium.  MXT was in the same vein, except it brought the arena show into the theatre. 
in my opinion they are bookends. 
Reusing the speech may work as a gimmick, but I doubt that was the intention. 
But I won’t know until Oct 8th. 

5 hours ago, the queen said:

About using BAT speech.

Well, maybe this gonna be unpopular minority opinion. 

I truly think that Madonna use BAT speech just because that speech was actually very famous and actually had impact at that time. And Madonna is currently obsessed with her glorious past. That's the only reason she use that BAT speech. In my opinion. That's all. 

She was a person who pursued the future rather than the past. But now she has changed. She is obsessed with her splendid past, recalling her splendid and glorious past.

Think about God control(and Dark ballet). She want it to be epic and controversial. But truth is no one care about it. 

Despite the music video that came out two years ago, the number of views on YouTube is still less than 9 million(And Dark ballet has less than 5million views). Literally, no one was interested in these songs, let alone social controversy. 

I truly think that she wanted  BAT tour  level of of controversy from God control (And Dark Ballet). But sadly no one care about it. So she can't make new speech video So she would have used her BAT speech video, recalling her brilliant and colorful past, thinking, "In the past, no matter what I said, there used to be this much controversy."

That's all.

This is absolutely your opinion. Thank you for sharing it.

From a different, more affirmative perspective, it seems obvious to me - a person who admires and respects Madonna’s artistry regardless of her plastic surgeries, her choice in men, her lifestyle or her sense of fashion - that Madonna wanted to convey that little has changed in the grand scheme of the world in which we live. That her show touches on the same journey from dark to light, from redemption to salvation…The oppressors and critics have changed. Once upon it time it was the Pope and the moral majority, and now it is the digital peanut gallery on steroids (sometimes in the guise of fans ?), rife with derision and judgment without showing a hint of self-awareness. Go figure! 

10 hours ago, the queen said:

About using BAT speech.

I truly think that Madonna use BAT speech just because that speech was actually very famous and actually had impact at that time. And Madonna is currently obsessed with her glorious past. That's the only reason she use that BAT speech. In my opinion. That's all. 

Think about God control(and Dark ballet). She want it to be epic and controversial. But truth is no one care about it. 

Despite the music video that came out two years ago, the number of views on YouTube is still less than 9 million(And Dark ballet has less than 5million views). Literally, no one was interested in these songs, let alone social controversy. 

I truly think that she wanted  BAT tour  level of of controversy from God control (And Dark Ballet). But sadly no one care about it. So she can't make new speech video So she would have used her BAT speech video, recalling her brilliant and colorful past, thinking, "In the past, no matter what I said, there used to be this much controversy."

That's all.

Sorry but I don’t agree with your opinion. I understand what you’re saying, and of course Madonna wanted those songs to be controversial like her old stuff, but I don’t think she’s obsessed by her past. Who is actually obsessed are her fans, and maybe if she now decide to take a look into her past is mainly because her fans keep demanding that. Do you really think she don’t know what we all say about her new stuff? She knows everything. 
if she now gave us more references about her past it’s for remembering people who she is (especially in this historical period where music is not a thing anymore, not like before at least) and for pleasing her fans. if she was really obsessed, she gave us a greatest hits tour a vegas residency and bla bla bla. 
I think she simply decide to use the BAT speech in that section for let people reflect about the present and the future. She want us to ask “if Madonna was saying those things 31 years ago, why we are still stuck with the same subjects today?”. The message is really far beyond her career and artist ego.

13 hours ago, the queen said:

About using BAT speech.

That's all.

You’re talking about her referencing her past like it’s a bad thing. It’s a good thing and normal for her to embrace it. 
But that doesn’t diminish her present or future. And it doesn’t make her a failure.

Those 2 videos didn’t get much traction because they were not promoted. Just like Hanky Panky during BAT.

And God Control did stir up controversy when it came out. There were plenty of people on social platforms talking about it and it was mentioned in several publications. Those songs couldn’t have gone far in today’s pop landscape since they were just too long and weirdly structured. 
Also controversy in pop culture now is not that same as it was in the 90s. It has a much shorter lifespan and people care less.

If you can point out any pop Star that’s creating more controversy than Madonna nowadays please do. 

13 hours ago, Andreo said:

Yeah, she's so obsessed with her past she literally ignored half her hits catalogue for 40 years till the Warner Plan got announced, lol. 

She is though. She’s referencing it more in everything she does. She made this new deal and working on the biopic.

But all this is great! It was about time she gave credit to her amazing career. And make some extra coin from it as well haha.

17 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

She is though. She’s referencing it more in everything she does. She made this new deal and working on the biopic.

But all this is great! It was about time she gave credit to her amazing career. And make some extra coin from it as well haha.

Absolutely! I'm one of the happiest about her appreciating her whole career, starting from the movie to the albums getting deluxe editions! I said that in relation to the comment that said she was literally "obsessed" with it, which is false as she never cared that much imo, references apart 

30 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Absolutely! I'm one of the happiest about her appreciating her whole career, starting from the movie to the albums getting deluxe editions! I said that in relation to the comment that said she was literally "obsessed" with it, which is false as she never cared that much imo, references apart 

True! Leave them to freak out with the negativity arguing over a 2 min clip in a 2 hour experience that they havent seen. :lol: 

I dont get how much people love to argue & over think about such minimal crap. Lifes too short. 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:47 AM, Luci nln said:

David is 16 and M is his mother, what do mean he should spend some time apart from her? He is a minor and depends on her, so its odd to say he's likely to bend to her needs. He seems like a well-adjusted teenager who is comfortable in his own skin. David is creative and a performer like M so they probably bond over that, but I sense that she encourages him to discover his own lane. Judging from her IG posts over the years about her children, M exposes them to different activities and supports their individuality.

With "gaining his own wings" I meant that being a child of a famous parent one has a huge load on their shoulders, double that if both parents are famous, even if they're adopted. She just seems to favourite him because he's the most like her or as the first adopted child wants to cling onto her and adapt to her lifestyle. I wish all the best to David, Mercy, Stella and Estere. I don't know shit abour their family dynamics, and I'm the first to admit it.

• 3 weeks later...