2021 Upcoming projects timeline

thegoldencalf

It seems like Madonna did a bunch of visual projects this year that haven’t been released yet. I’m wondering what all these things are for. A new release, MXT promo, something else?

I compiled a timeline of everything.

May 12. Video/Photo shoot in LA.

58A3AAF0-BE18-4F3E-9324-7B1647C51B5F.thumb.jpeg.b579016fcffa822b6c2f27ef3f874338.jpeg

August 24. Photoshoot at Milk Studios in Brooklyn with Ricardo Gomes. Rumored for Rolling Stone magazine 

1492F6B9-BC7F-41D5-9D91-66E3F06F88AA.jpeg.5b49bddf0baced9845a247c3206ea3a6.jpeg

September 9. Madonna posts on Instagram photos from a fitting with the Bob Mackie dress worn at the 1991 Academy Awards. 
F7560A80-3585-471F-AABA-56E028F93FA3.thumb.jpeg.ad1e0a30d9f05d39ae54bcaba3bafbad.jpeg

7C80B04A-9C60-47A5-A84E-5ECF4B8A8C41.thumb.jpeg.e0efe1ed40ef2f261d64b77ef1a17f04.jpeg

31 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

September 17. Steven Klein announces a new project with Madonna.

D86B1742-E829-48AC-A47E-C852226E2E44.thumb.jpeg.6dedf9b039d7b7534a127b875429e7c1.jpeg

86888EBE-A300-4EE6-B76B-D34CFCBF3C52.thumb.jpeg.3789faffcbc927de35850e3ea1412bbc.jpeg

September 18. Madonna teases a new video/photo shoot with a Marlyn Monroe inspired look. Also she seems to revisit her 80s/90s trademark looks

DF0A09E5-7303-407B-BD82-3B32BD8712A3.thumb.jpeg.c12d0bf75935a834ff6b1efee538809e.jpeg

Think Klein was referring to the met gala wedding photos shoot. He even posted one. He shot them

5 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Maybe Madonna is shooting all of this stuff for promotion and art for the expanded editions, etc.????  Maybe.  It does seem like a lot of effort and resource for funsies.

I’d find that rather strange. Each expanded edition has a wealth of imagery already that’s on theme with each album.

But she’s definitely preparing something rather important. This all reminds me of the MX teasers she kept posting in January/February 2018.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’d find that rather strange. Each expanded edition has a wealth of imagery already that’s on theme with each album.

But she’s definitely preparing something rather important. This all reminds me of the MX teasers she kept posting in January/February 2018.

Maybe they're planning on doing a 'then and now' element by recreating some of the photos from the original shoots for the expanded editions? Phil Collins did something like that for the reissues of his albums.

Isn't this too obvious? 

It's For Madame X tour streaming promo. something like very similar with MTV one.

I can already see what a look like.

Madonna with those past various images and then Madonna do narration... 

"When I was young Martha Graham told to me "I'm going to give you a new name: Madame X. Every day, you come to school and I don't recognize you. Every day, you change your identity. You're a mystery to me"...............Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!! I'm A Madame X!!! I have a lot of identities!!!!!~~~ I'm a dancer, I'm a spy, I'm a movie star I'm a instagram star...I'm a Kim K... I'm a blah blah.."

Edited by the queen (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, the queen said:

Isn't this too obvious? 

It's For Madame X tour streaming promo. something like very similar with MTV one.

I can already see what a look like.

Madonna with those past various images and then Madonna do narration... 

"When I was young Martha Graham told to me "I'm going to give you a new name: Madame X. Every day, you come to school and I don't recognize you. Every day, you change your identity. You're a mystery to me"...............Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!! I'm A Madame X!!! I have a lot of identities!!!!!~~~ I'm a dancer, I'm a spy, I'm a movie star I'm a instagram star...I'm a Kim K... I'm a blah blah.."

But there’s a few separate projects. Isn’t it a bit much just for the concert film?

Especially a video shoot with Steven Klein is crazy expensive. She only employs him for major magazine covers and album covers.

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

But there’s a few separate projects. Isn’t it a bit much just for the concert film?

Especially a video shoot with Steven Klein is crazy expensive. She only employs him for major magazine covers and album covers.

a bit much just for the concert film?

She even go out to time square and filming at 3 A.M. just for MTV VMAs.

This is for her own concert tour streaming promo. I don't think it's a bit much for her own work.

Edited by the queen (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, the queen said:

a bit much just for the concert film?

She even go out to time square and filming at 3 A.M. just for MTV VMAs.

This is for her own concert tour streaming promo. I don't think it's a bit much for her own work.

Yeah but I mean she never did a 6 figures shoot to promote a concert film before. 
The 3am shoot was just one look an hour tops and I’m sure MTV covered the cost.

I’m not saying it’s not a possibility though

6 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Imagine if we don't get news about these projects for months and all of sudden M15 drops and all those visuals end up being album cover + offical photoshoot and music videos!

A gay can dream 

Well if it was for a new album the album would be in its final stages by the time she shot promos for it. So it would be coming pretty soon. 

8 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well if it was for a new album the album would be in its final stages by the time she shot promos for it. So it would be coming pretty soon. 

Perfect, now I'm hyped for an album that might not even exist yet :Madonna007:

Seriously tho, whatever these are M15 related or not, I feel like 2022 has a new album in store for us already... I just feel like it might be coming soon without us expecting anything at all ?? 

9 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Perfect, now I'm hyped for an album that might not even exist yet :Madonna007:

Seriously tho, whatever these are M15 related or not, I feel like 2022 has a new album in store for us already... I just feel like it might be coming soon without us expecting anything at all ?? 

Well if it’s not an album it’s definitely something exciting!

22 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Btw I've noticed that none of these can be for magazines, otherwise she couldn't be allowed to post pics from the shooting. So it must be for other stuff, either for new music or secret projects we know nothing about, which makes the waiting even more exciting... ? 

Why would you think that?

She teased the 2014 l'uomo vogue shoot on Instagram, the 2015 cosmopolitan shoot, 2019 UK Vogue, NYT cover shoot, she always does it

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

Btw I've noticed that none of these can be for magazines, otherwise she couldn't be allowed to post pics from the shooting. So it must be for other stuff, either for new music or secret projects we know nothing about, which makes the waiting even more exciting... ? 

The Steven Klein shoot is confirmed for V Mag. Coming out on November 1st