V Magazine Photoshoot ( November Edition)

judas2015

7 hours ago, Fighter said:

People should be mindful that it can have bad mental health effects though, that's something no one ever says. 

This. The whole thing about it being not addictive is a total fallacy too. It may not cause physical withdrawal, but it’s very hard to give up once it becomes regular consumption. And for regular smokers, it takes a long time to get back to equilibrium once you give it up.

These photos made me feel so uncorfortable because basically she recreated the last photoshoots Marilyn did between 1961-1962, before her death. There are referencies to The Last Sitting, by Bert Stern, shot 6 weeks before Marilyn died (the notes she posted and the glitter on her body suggest it) and other ones to The Misfits, the last completed movie  for Marilyn, shot in 1961: in particular she recreated a nude studio photo where Marilyn turns her back to the camera, taken by Eve Arnold. Then, as someone posted before, the set is sinisterly similar to the room where ms Monroe was found dead. Dulcis in fundo, she brought Louise Oriole back to life: I don't know if it's merely a coincidence.

Seeing these photos, I can't help thinking of an article published by Vanity Fair in 1991, where Madonna was compared to Marilyn, with a majestic photoshoot by Steven Meisel. The title was...The Misfit: https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/share/bd86a835-b84c-47a7-bbec-60b9af6ea282

Edited by Loki (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Fighter said:

People should be mindful that it can have bad mental health effects though, that's something no one ever says. 

And so can most things she’s done in her career. Including being famous for 40 years. 
Honestly I’m feeling more comfortable with her smoking pot than abusing pain medication for her injury or Xanax for anxiety or sleeping pills for her known insomnia disorder. 
Up till now she obviously made the right decisions for her mental and physical health so maybe we should give her some credit and benefit of the doubt.

• judas2015 changed the title to V Magazine Photoshoot ( November Edition)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic