V Magazine Photoshoot ( November Edition)

judas2015

I really wanted to like this pictorial because I loved the teasers but the final results are very unflattering. A few are just okay but a majority look so carelessly edited, as if a photo enhancer app was used on old low quality photos, that I can't believe V magazine would publish them. Maybe that's the aesthetic they were going for, mocking Instagram culture and over-edited photos. If that's the case then they nailed it, but M has had better Instagram shoots in the last 9 months than this.

28 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

When is she going to start talking about the Warner’s deal and upcoming releases ? The photos looked nice and of course photo shopped to death ( not that is a surprise though ) I’m kind of bored of hearing about the biopic at this point to be honest ??

I might be wrong but I dont really think we are gonna start hearing about the reissues until 2022.

sometimes when i read this forum i forget im in a madonna fan forum on not on her social media and reading messages from haters who are obsessed with her ...- she touches up her photos and gets rid of her double chin due to weight gain get over it omfg - the people who are complaining are using edited profile pictures ffs ..practice what you preach 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

When is she going to start talking about the Warner’s deal and upcoming releases ? The photos looked nice and of course photo shopped to death ( not that is a surprise though ) I’m kind of bored of hearing about the biopic at this point to be honest ??

They already said in August. Soon ??

3 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

sometimes when i read this forum i forget im in a madonna fan forum on not on her social media and reading messages from haters who are obsessed with her ...- she touches up her photos and gets rid of her double chin due to weight gain get over it omfg - the people who are complaining are using edited profile pictures ffs ..practice what you preach 

This is a Madonna forum, you should stop talking about people's photos since you don't even use one yourself.

Le'ts get real, this photoshoot minus the ass cover and the blurry video one is hoorible. It doesn't make sense, it's all over the place and her face looks even bigger than in real life. Also that Cocoon style cover in LQ is a disgrace for someone like Klein.

This is not about how much photoshop they used, it's about how badley they used it. I blame Gomez for this new obsession of looking like a fucking plastic doll.

19 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well obviously you didn’t read the paragraph explaining the shoot. The whole concept of the shoot is the relationship between the subject and the photographer.

Its a conceptual shoot for a highly stylized publication. And the fact that so many fans are turned off by it it’s proof that it’s successful in its intent. 

Generally the photos people say “anyone could have taken” are the hardest to achieve and require real skill.

I do wish there was less retouching though. 

I did read the blurb but I really fail to see the over-Photoshopping as deliberate or the artistic direction of the shoot -- indeed, I would have loved that. But it's simply consistent with, well, how Madonna presents herself to the world these days, whether it be her entire Instagram, telling the VMAs not to shoot her close up, oversaturating the Madame X films, etc. I also don't see the connection with Marilyn, it's more like Mae West.

5 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Well, a ton of fans are frustrated by her as of late and are allowed to express that here. A forum is a discussion outlet. It's not like blindly defending each and every single move of her makes someone a "better" fan. She doesn't know who a single one of us is. There's a reason these forums have much less activity than a decade ago. The smaller group left here is clearly a devoted base, but even amongst us, we're getting cynical about some of her decisions in the last few years. 

We all want to see her at the top again and be the pop star we fell in love with, but some of us, myself included, are recognizing less and less of the Madonna we fell in love with in the woman we see today. The woman who "doesn't care what others think" makes herself virtually unrecognizable in pictures she's so obviously insecure with how she looks. It's an extreme contradiction to the values she stood for in the past and that we all celebrated. That doesn't mean we need to hang it up and be a fan of someone else, nor does it mean that we need to reassert our fandom through blind affirmations of her Queendom. One can be a fan, appreciate some of her work today (e.g. the Madame X album), and still sorely miss fundamental aspects of Madonna that have seemed to disappear over the years. 

well they can stay frustrated by her and stay pressed or whatever ..she does not owe them anything ..she is also 63 so her being on top if you mean having a hit single are way behind her unless she duets with somebody like ariana on a proper single ( not a remix) shes always been insecure with how she looks and camera angles etc etc lol . ..shes been wanted to be shot from a certain angle etc etc for decades ..maybe its because her fans will rip her to pieces for having gained weight etc etc ..give her a fucking break - she is not the madonna you fell in love with or admired she has aged and changed - we all change - im all for opinions on her work but some people on this forum are just plain nasty and cruel - she has evolved into what she believes is a revolutionary , a freedom fighter - she prob finds the term pop star as a insult lol ...go listen to another artist if she is making you frustrated and leave us real fans alone with your BS opinions because its totally depressing , i swear i could not enjoy the madame x film fully because so called fans were bitching about it and then i thought who gives a f what they think - I LIKE IT INFACT I LOVE IT - IT WAS A BRILLIANT SHOW AND A WORK OF ART - i dont think her over editing her pics is just pure vanity i think its because she knows it pisses people off and this includes her fans , her fans hate the grills but she still wears them ..i understand why she is doing what she does with her pics and tbh its really pointing out the total hypocrites who judge her for touching up a pic but used a filtered pic themselves lol ...god ive been dying to rant like this since i joined this forum and im glad i got it off my chest ...maybe i should just block all the negative people on this forum infact ill start with YOU 

25 minutes ago, vespertine said:

I did read the blurb but I really fail to see the over-Photoshopping as deliberate or the artistic direction of the shoot -- indeed, I would have loved that. But it's simply consistent with, well, how Madonna presents herself to the world these days, whether it be her entire Instagram, telling the VMAs not to shoot her close up, oversaturating the Madame X films, etc. I also don't see the connection with Marilyn, it's more like Mae West.

telling the VMAs not to shoot her close up?? evidence of this please ? how are you presenting yourself to the world using that picture ? lol 

ok now that we´ve seen the shooting, she could kinda start a new era recording a Diamonds are a girls best friend or I wanna be loved by you cover - just to settle the mood. Ive always pictured her singing oldies classics. Can we at least sign up for registration for this album due to 2040 maybe? Of course one brand new shiny new song for the 2036 biopic. Soon?