V Magazine Photoshoot ( November Edition)

judas2015

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I'm really happy to see her devotion to the Madame X era. I think after Ray of Light, it's her first authentic one. The others were just different producers and fancy costumes.

Funny how we all see different eras - I see the Madame X era and persona she is portraying as the least authentic one to date, but perhaps it's because I just don't like it as much as the other eras. 

Maybe it is the overuse of photoshop during this era so nothing looks real on her social media and photoshoots

7 hours ago, gafuller said:

I mean, we are talking about a woman who has sexualized religion. I doubt she’s looking at it as offensive but thought provoking. Disturbing. Dancing in front of burning crosses, hanging on a disco cross, spinning on stripper pole cross, and etc. they’re all disturbing and at first glance sacreligous. But it’s art. What are we gonna do? Excommunicate her? Lol, joking of course. It’s probably a sensitive topic to some, but everything she does is gonna viewed as poor taste by someone. 

Religion was already sexualized, which was her point. 

38 minutes ago, Roy said:

The closeup photo with her wearing the sunglasses is eerie, gritty, creepy and artistic. Of course, her one eye covered and the other eye uncovered (the Madame X trademark look).

This photoshoot got me in a chokehold.

Too deeply digitally manipulated for my taste like most of the shoot. You can literally get the same results with facepp or facetune on your phone. 

36 minutes ago, Roy said:

Am I the only one who likes the entire photoshoot so far? Everything is so gritty, fabulous and rich but also emotional as this is obviously inspired by Marilyn's last photoshoot.

Overall I enjoyed most of the photoshoot, that one picture though in which her eyes look way too blue and her skin is all washed out and blurry is horrible. Im glad that one is not going to be a cover shot.

The interview was a lot more interesting to read than the Maluma one a couple weeks back. She feels so committed right now, even more than usual, to what she's trying to express. I sense that the visual autobiography will certainly come from the angle of overcoming more and more things.

7 hours ago, realityisalways said:

Too deeply digitally manipulated for my taste like most of the shoot. You can literally get the same results with facepp or facetune on your phone. 

But that’s the whole point. There’s a set of traditional photos and another digitally manipulated with lo-fi technology.

I think it’s brilliant as a concept. Especially the glitchy cover

At this point I find the heavy handed photoshop work in her private pix, event pix and professional photo shoots quite embarrassing and pathetic. 

The only positive aspect of it all is that it’s so fkn fake that no one would ever consider any of it reality.

I just am over Marilyn, especially since she's done it SO MANY TIMES. If you're gonna do it again it better be better than the last time and this is definitely no where near as good as the Iconic Rebel Heart Tour shoot/video. It definitely looks very cheap and not well done, I think Klein should be nixed next time. The interview? Meh. Much ado about nothing. Overall,  non event. Wish she would be interviewed by someone who was actually interested in her as an icon and asked her grand questions not these "woke" questions.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I just am over Marilyn, especially since she's done it SO MANY TIMES. If you're gonna do it again it better be better than the last time and this is definitely no where near as good as the Iconic Rebel Heart Tour shoot/video. It definitely looks very cheap and not well done, I think Klein should be nixed next time. The interview? Meh. Much ado about nothing. Overall,  non event. Wish she would be interviewed by someone who was actually interested in her as an icon and asked her grand questions not these "woke" questions.

while you make a few very valid points, the marilyn Monroe dead in bed aka Butt photo on the cover itself is MOST DEFINiTELy an event, Alpha.

13 hours ago, Roy said:

The closeup photo with her wearing the sunglasses is eerie, gritty, creepy and artistic. Of course, her one eye covered and the other eye uncovered (the Madame X trademark look).

This photoshoot got me in a chokehold.

yeah i have been really fascinated by this shot too. it reminds me of the interview magaIne photo shoot where she is like warming her hands by the static of the tv where david blaine interviews her .

maybe the shades 

I think Steven klein is toying with photoshop. If you follow his IG he's been posting these over the top cheap jobs for a few months now. It looks like an app in the end. I don't like it but i wonder if this is like a new period in his work and Madonna is just the first model (after testing it on himself on IG). We'll see with his next photoshoot with someone else but i wonder if someone else, besides a hired model and surely not a celebrity, is willing to look so ridiculously shopped in a magazine. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:44 PM, Roland Barthes said:

image.png.0fcfb71d379355a43efab9e5a1127dfe.png

Sean Penn or Guy Ritchie ? As it comes before Christopher (my brother betrays me...) i think this Ritchie. 

image.png.abe2b6fbb52e7c0f8a031a1240567f78.png

This is what i wanna know too !!!! The fact it cames before christopher could also means Sean Penn. She mentions the rape during her pre fame days, the  her husbands betrays her, then Christopher betrays her, so it could be Sean or Guy. I tend to believe it's Guy because she never ever mentionnzd a betrayal being the reason for her divorce with Sean, more like his alcool and his wild behaviour. I guess we will have all the answers in the biopic !!!!

21 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

This is what i wanna know too !!!! The fact it cames before christopher could also means Sean Penn. She mentions the rape during her pre fame days, the  her husbands betrays her, then Christopher betrays her, so it could be Sean or Guy. I tend to believe it's Guy because she never ever mentionnzd a betrayal being the reason for her divorce with Sean, more like his alcool and his wild behaviour. I guess we will have all the answers in the biopic !!!!

I think it's definitely about Guy. She's friends with Sean and has never talked about him in those terms.

About all the controversy about the shoot... obviously the retouching is from an artistic angle and both of them trying new stuff. It looks like the pictures were taken with a phone and some of them later upscaled. Which makes sense cause professionally they've literally done everything possible together before, so we can't blame them for trying new things.

It's provoking, you look at the pictures and think "what?". I think this is gonna be an iconic shoot when we look back in a few years.

Also, just putting things into perspective, these kind of photoshoots are never "real". They're not meant to be real, anyway, they're meant to be as "perfect" as possible, when promoting a product:

R-571694-1249341437.jpeg.jpg

(By the way, I remember lots of fans saying Who's that?? This is too much when the "Hung Up" single cover was revealed back in 2005, just like yesterday, so nothing new under the sun, I guess).

450_1000.jpg

Or just an artistic point of view when she's expressing herself with a photographer:

DztEj9wXgAAGI_g.jpg

Madame X said it best: None of this real. And that is OK, cause it's a piece of art in the end, not a paparazzi picture.

The interview was great, especially the last part!

No photo is about being real, there's always lighting, make up, angles and post production. However it is always debatable if the final result is pleasing, good, achieved the intent of the artist.

The ROL album photoshoot is photoshoped but the result is good, the same goes for the Confessions photoshoot. 

For me, this V photoshoot is just ugly and the theme is tired, not because of the use of photoshop/app/whatever but because the result looks terrible. 

2 hours ago, vespertine said:

I would just love for her to work with a different photographer again. Steven Klein has become just point and shoot and fix it all in post-production. Some of these shots it looks as if anyone could have taken...

Well obviously you didn’t read the paragraph explaining the shoot. The whole concept of the shoot is the relationship between the subject and the photographer.

Its a conceptual shoot for a highly stylized publication. And the fact that so many fans are turned off by it it’s proof that it’s successful in its intent. 

Generally the photos people say “anyone could have taken” are the hardest to achieve and require real skill.

I do wish there was less retouching though.