V Magazine Photoshoot ( November Edition)

judas2015

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Seriously I was expecting something very BIG.... The styling was okay but the finished product is soooooo weak & poor. The editing, covers... Horrible work.... I'm surprised it's SK work. His last decent work with her was on Iconic back in 2015... 

here we go! Are you some sort of an expert?

I’d love to see your credentials in visual arts ?

2 hours ago, vespertine said:

I did read the blurb but I really fail to see the over-Photoshopping as deliberate or the artistic direction of the shoot -- indeed, I would have loved that. But it's simply consistent with, well, how Madonna presents herself to the world these days, whether it be her entire Instagram, telling the VMAs not to shoot her close up, oversaturating the Madame X films, etc. I also don't see the connection with Marilyn, it's more like Mae West.

Just like most of SKs projects theres multiple angles to it. There’s the behind the scenes in black and white, the finished product images and the overdone face tuned images.
I think they’re trying to present Marilyns insecurities and vanity through a contemporary form of expression.
And I also see it as an admission on Madonnas part that she’s also a victim of those insecurities.

How do we know she asked to not be filmed up close for the VMAs? 

The shoot isn't bad, she does look pretty in some of the pics, though maybe referencing Marilyn's suicide/drug issues seems not in the best taste, even by M's controversy-seeking standards, as it's a touchy subject nowadays at times, and I like Marilyn, but I feel like her obsession with her has "been done to death"(oh dear, maybe not the best choice of words considering...) at this point... 

There really is a controversy about the suicide pics ? My god, the world is burning, fascists are taking over everywhere but (some) people are offended by this ? I absolutely despise our time, so PC, so Disneyified. Sometimes i would just like to poop in my hand and spread it all over people's faces just to piss them off so i get why Madonna does it so often especially now. They deserve to be shocked again and again because they put their energy in the wrong battles. 

4 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

well they can stay frustrated by her and stay pressed or whatever ..she does not owe them anything ..she is also 63 so her being on top if you mean having a hit single are way behind her unless she duets with somebody like ariana on a proper single ( not a remix) shes always been insecure with how she looks and camera angles etc etc lol . ..shes been wanted to be shot from a certain angle etc etc for decades ..maybe its because her fans will rip her to pieces for having gained weight etc etc ..give her a fucking break - she is not the madonna you fell in love with or admired she has aged and changed - we all change - im all for opinions on her work but some people on this forum are just plain nasty and cruel - she has evolved into what she believes is a revolutionary , a freedom fighter - she prob finds the term pop star as a insult lol ...go listen to another artist if she is making you frustrated and leave us real fans alone with your BS opinions because its totally depressing , i swear i could not enjoy the madame x film fully because so called fans were bitching about it and then i thought who gives a f what they think - I LIKE IT INFACT I LOVE IT - IT WAS A BRILLIANT SHOW AND A WORK OF ART - i dont think her over editing her pics is just pure vanity i think its because she knows it pisses people off and this includes her fans , her fans hate the grills but she still wears them ..i understand why she is doing what she does with her pics and tbh its really pointing out the total hypocrites who judge her for touching up a pic but used a filtered pic themselves lol ...god ive been dying to rant like this since i joined this forum and im glad i got it off my chest ...maybe i should just block all the negative people on this forum infact ill start with YOU 

Jesus H, what an unhinged rant. I have no idea why such vitriol is being thrown towards me and other fans for opposing opinions, but this is just unacceptable and immature. I don't know what makes my opinions "BS", nor am I questioning your taste and preventing you from enjoying what you like in any way. But I don't know why I, nor other fans, can't be granted that mutual respect. 

I'm leaving this forum now -- I'm not putting up with an environment where these sorts of posts and personal attacks are tolerated. Well done, @hankypanky2021, you've got what you've wanted and I hope you find some peace and perspective.

Thanks to the rest of the members here for some great conversations, and I'll look forward to lurking every now and then. Deuces. 

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Jesus H, what an unhinged rant. I have no idea why such vitriol is being thrown towards me and other fans for opposing opinions, but this is just unacceptable and immature. I don't know what makes my opinions "BS", nor am I questioning your taste and preventing you from enjoying what you like in any way. But I don't know why I, nor other fans, can't be granted that mutual respect. 

I'm leaving this forum now -- I'm not putting up with an environment where these sorts of posts and personal attacks are tolerated. Well done, @hankypanky2021, you've got what you've wanted and I hope you find some peace and perspective.

Thanks to the rest of the members here for some great conversations, and I'll look forward to lurking every now and then. Deuces. 

bye

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

You and your negativity wont be missed. Goodbye?

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

FYI I'm an interior designer & I know pretty good about this... Not to mention that as a M fan I have good experience/knowledge about quality work. You can't lie to yourself... At least if you really are a Madonna fan.

7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

There really is a controversy about the suicide pics ? My god, the world is burning, fascists are taking over everywhere but (some) people are offended by this ? I absolutely despise our time, so PC, so Disneyified. Sometimes i would just like to poop in my hand and spread it all over people's faces just to piss them off so i get why Madonna does it so often especially now. They deserve to be shocked again and again because they put their energy in the wrong battles. 

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

I love you, seriously 

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

You don't need to be an expert to realize how bad this shoot is. Blurry picutres taken with an iphone with picutres taken with a real camera, bad photoshop etc. But yeah, whatever. 

43 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

You don't need to be an expert to realize how bad this shoot is. Blurry picutres taken with an iphone with picutres taken with a real camera, bad photoshop etc. But yeah, whatever. 

Exactly. Soooooo cheap! I'm sure it's coz of her demanding to do exactly what she's doing on her IG page!

i dont think the pics are that bad , im so lost with the negativity towards these pics and her instagram pics tbh - there was a time when she posted unflattering selfies of herself and fans complained then ..she cant win :( its always the same people complaining too - its so depressing  -

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

FYI I'm an interior designer & I know pretty good about this... Not to mention that as a M fan I have good experience/knowledge about quality work. You can't lie to yourself... At least if you really are a Madonna fan.

Being an interior designer or a Madonna fan doesn’t qualify you to give a very reductive verdict on the work of accomplished veteran artists.

You are entitled to not like the project and to express that. 
But just because you don’t understand something it doesn’t make it bad. 

The fact that the Bert Stern’s estate gave a nod to the photoshoot on their Instagram says it all

1 hour ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i dont think the pics are that bad , im so lost with the negativity towards these pics and her instagram pics tbh - there was a time when she posted unflattering selfies of herself and fans complained then ..she cant win :( its always the same people complaining too - its so depressing  -

Ha. I’ve been a fan since 1992 and it’s always been like this. At the time many fans were saying the SEX photos are terrible and subpar quality. And they were calling her too old and saying she looks like shit. Just because after Playground they were expecting her to go in that direction. 
30 years later she gets the same shit from her fans. 
And then during the American Life era there was full on war within her fan base. So many people hated it with a passion. And there was a lot of complaining over the retouching in her photos. 
But I think that’s ok. I think part of the reason I love her is because she doesn’t do what we expect of her but pushes us to embrace new concepts and ideas

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Ha. I’ve been a fan since 1992 and it’s always been like this. At the time many fans were saying the SEX photos are terrible and subpar quality. And they were calling her too old and saying she looks like shit. Just because after Playground they were expecting her to go in that direction. 
30 years later she gets the same shit from her fans. 
And then during the American Life era there was full on war within her fan base. So many people hated it with a passion. And there was a lot of complaining over the retouching in her photos. 
But I think that’s ok. I think part of the reason I love her is because she doesn’t do what we expect of her but pushes us to embrace new concepts and ideas

the fan backlash is deffo to do with her not doing what they want and perhaps they are listening to much to other fan bases who hate her because shes the queen of pop a bit too much 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:34 AM, hankypanky2021 said:

sometimes when i read this forum i forget im in a madonna fan forum on not on her social media and reading messages from haters who are obsessed with her ...- she touches up her photos and gets rid of her double chin due to weight gain get over it omfg - the people who are complaining are using edited profile pictures ffs ..practice what you preach 

That’s very rich coming from the person who complained to no end about her voice at the Harlem performance, how you hated her small performances and made fun of her touching up her vocals. etc etc. Maybe you should practice what you preach?! 

The hypocrisy is almost comical. GTFOH. 

this is totally different , i was just pointing out she was singing poorly due to her humping the walls etc etc and when she stayed still she sang well and that she should take more care of her voice ...every single one of you fools who slag off her photoshop have edited photos yourselves - i think its you lot that need to practice what you preach not me ..you wont find me posting links to instagram accounts that dedicate the entire account on hating on madonna like some have done ..i was just concerned about her vocals i dont think she should jump into a performance when she has had little rehearsal and so much time away from performing - i was not being nasty - i i like how my comments are triggering the usual negative so called fans in this forum and they are coming for me ..bring it on or block me ..i dont care either way 

15 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

this is totally different , i was just pointing out she was singing poorly due to her humping the walls etc etc and when she stayed still she sang well and that she should take more care of her voice ...every single one of you fools who slag off her photoshop have edited photos yourselves - i think its you lot that need to practice what you preach not me ..

You being unhappy with her voice, making fun of her touching up her vocals, hating her small performances and even dragging Guy Oseary into your rants is EXACTLY the same as others being unhappy with the ridiculous amount of photoshop work.  The fact that you can’t see that speaks for itself, dimwit. 

Go preach to a toilet. 

6 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

You being unhappy with her voice, making fun of her touching up her vocals, hating her small performances and even dragging Guy Oseary into your rants is EXACTLY the same as others being unhappy with the ridiculous amount of photoshop work.  The fact that you can’t see that speaks for itself, dimwit. 

Go preach to a toilet. 

fancy calling me a dimwit when you have a drawn penis in your photo - hilarious 
i never said i hated her small performances 

i said guy should have never have allowed madonna to sing live at eurovision after having heard her rehearsal - as a manager he should not have allowed her to sing live but he did and well the rest is history ..

i was saying it would be difficult to fix that harlem performance vocally and i still do not think we will ever get the full performance of it because i do not believe she is happy with it herself and also i liked the dark ballet performance and i do hope we get that in good quality 

stop twisting what i say ...idiot 

17 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

this is totally different , i was just pointing out she was singing poorly due to her humping the walls etc etc and when she stayed still she sang well and that she should take more care of her voice ...every single one of you fools who slag off her photoshop have edited photos yourselves - i think its you lot that need to practice what you preach not me ..you wont find me posting links to instagram accounts that dedicate the entire account on hating on madonna like some have done ..i was just concerned about her vocals i dont think she should jump into a performance when she has had little rehearsal and so much time away from performing - i was not being nasty - i i like how my comments are triggering the usual negative so called fans in this forum and they are coming for me ..bring it on or block me ..i dont care either way 

And STFU about “you lot”….I don’t post links to anything. So stop generalizing. Point something out that I did that is hypocritical, if you want to make a counter argument go ahead but stop being so intellectually lazy. 

People like you really are the worst part about forums. 

2 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

fancy calling me a dimwit when you have a drawn penis in your photo - hilarious 
i never said i hated her small performances 

i said guy should have never have allowed madonna to sing live at eurovision after having heard her rehearsal - as a manager he should have allowed her to sing live but he did and well the rest is history 

i was saying it would be difficult to fix that harlem performance vocally and i still do not think we will ever get the full performance of it because i do not believe she is happy with it herself 

stop twisting what i say ...idiot 

You’re definitely not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. ??‍♂️