M15- A thread (ideas and opinions)

RebelHeart97

I’m really not sure where I’d want her to go sonically! She’s really covered so much already, maybe something more electronic to switch it up from Madame X potentially?

What I would like though is for the general vibe to be a bit more fun/light/celebratory. Don’t get me wrong I love Madame X and her darker side/themes (and obviously it does have some lighter songs like Medellin) but I think it would be a refreshing switch up to have an album that on the whole feels more fun, and it would also be more accessible to casual fans/the GP as well.

I would love a full on rock album. She's never done it. Remember when people used to write their own music and play on guitar?

Her biopic is clearly focusing on The Breakfast Club and as she says many times, "Life is a circle."

Finding her roots by doing the biopic means hopefully she will remember how far she has come.

The world needs to go back to guitar music, there's only so many buttons on a machine you can push...

45 minutes ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

11-12 track album of cohesive songs, only working with a few producers and writers.

A strong new look ditching the fishnets/latex (unrealistic I know). Also a new performance style - the same way she switched up the way she performed for the Ray of Light era and again for Confessions. I would love a more loose punky performance style, less reliant on dance breaks (vogueing) and more on stage presence with a live band. Blondie vibes I guess.

I would love a rock/psychedelic influence. Uptemo and danceable but still rebellious and provocative. Like a continuation of Beautiful Stranger but edgier and rockier.

I love her provocative or political moments but 4 eras in a row is enough. It's time for something different.

No pointless features and definitely no men. Miley Cyrus and Doja Cat could suit that theme.

And a striking album cover! Everything after Confessions has been uninspired and basic. Something unusual like Like a Prayer and Confessions or timeless and instantly identifiable like Music and True Blue.

+1000

14 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

I would love a full on rock album. She's never done it. Remember when people used to write their own music and play on guitar?

Her biopic is clearly focusing on The Breakfast Club and as she says many times, "Life is a circle."

Finding her roots by doing the biopic means hopefully she will remember how far she has come.

The world needs to go back to guitar music, there's only so many buttons on a machine you can push...

I'd  love it. you've read my mind . something like LAP and  part of AL but even more charged. real and dry instrumentals , the beautiful deep ballads she can write, simple, elegant but not anti-technology performances like in the mother and father RIT section . no vogue please. she has such gems in her catalogue. Btw I don't want a "plastic hearts " , I want the M touch! Maybe it won't be full on rock but a mixture of styles and influences. It would be such a bliss.

Let her finish this MX,  and the Biopic- auto- celebration era that she's going to start soon ( Klein's collab) and we'll see . 

Cant wait for a M Rock'nvention

Okay here goes…

personally what I would love to see from M is an album that isn’t to do with starting “revolutions” or politically charged. I want Madonna to be more self reflective on her past and looking towards the future. I think the auto tune needs to go, we heard enough of it on the Madame X album and we have heard it on all 3 tours MDNA (revolver, hung up) Rebel heart (iconic, body shop) and Madame X (god control, dark ballet, Medellin etc.) and personally it doesn’t sound good in live arenas, theatres. 
when I saw M at the Rebel Heart Tour in Glasgow where she sang Ghosttown (which is criminally underrated) her vocals were amazing and she genuinely looked to be having the most fun she had in years. Moving forward to Madame x tour Frozen was also loved by fans in attendance as the whole palladium was up on their feet after that performance. 
So personally I would love to see a ballad album from M trying out new sounds, instruments I don’t think she needs features as she is powerful by herself (if marketed and promotional work is done properly by management and record label) 

I would love to see more interviews on chat shows with M for promotional material heck even a special sit down with Oprah that takes you behind the scenes of M putting the album together. Performances at music awards such as Grammys, Brits etc in the build up to the album release. Having more of a social media presence on places such as TikTok etc would benefit the album.

I know some people would disagree but like I say everyone has their own opinion and this is what I’d love to see for M15 

65DD55B4-E575-4986-9279-663A0E23EF10.jpeg

No more vocoder / over produced vocals 

Basically to carry on with the path where Confessions left off would be my hope!! 

Please no more Diplo/Kayne West/Mike Dean beats 

More uptempo dance pop with great hooks and bridges that make you feel great to listen to. Love her to work on some 90's house or more current house sound that has timeless classic feel to it not the basic EDM sound she went for with MDNA. Love her to work with Disclosure, Honey Dijon, Stuart Price again and Patrick Leonard too for the brilliant songwriting. She seems to love the InnerCity track Good Life at the moment  - love her to work with InnerCity but she won't! I am sure. I wish she takes more care of getting credible made of any new tracks that DJs would champion  - they have been generally poor over the last 15 years with only a few exceptions. Wish she will really hunt out the talent again for fine the best undiscovered producers or forgotten about producers than going the producers of what is doing well in the charts and then not getting their best work as she is not their priority project.

And no features at all!  None of the fans want to hear them!  It's always a pointless marketing ploy to try to get interest in the record 

The problem is that most chat shows these days don’t really discuss the music, just celebrity topics. Oprah particularly is only interested in interviewing people involved in some major personal scandal like Meghan and Harry. I can’t see her sitting down and discussing the creation of an album with a musician. 

On 9/19/2021 at 7:32 PM, xrayeyes said:

THIS ?????

7 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

THIS ?????

Maybe she hasn’t done it because full on rock doesn’t suit her voice. If she were to write an album on guitar I would prefer more acoustic guitar since that suits her voice a lot better. 
I think the  distinction between guitar and  electronic music is silly. The computer doesn’t make music by itself or just by someone pushing a button. Electronic music takes skill as well. You still need to write melodies. It’s disrespectful to electronic musicians to think they don’t have skill but just press a few buttons. Electronic music has existed since the early 80’s. 

I think an 80s synth pop direction would be cool. Inspired by Depeche Mode, New Order, Human League, Gary Numan. 

10 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

Besides Madonna doesn't like to talk about it. Check Graham Norton Interview 2019 I think

She discussed it quite a bit in the Mojo interview to promote Madame X. The problem is the publications interested in discussing music and songwriting tend to have a smaller circulation and audience. 

2 hours ago, stefo said:

LEONARD LEONARD LEONARD: solid writing, solid melodies, interpretation and lyrics

Why not hoping for a Like A Prayer/Ray of Light kind of quality and depth anymore?

Pat Leonard is a brilliant composer but his production on pop music sucks. 
All their songs sounded much better with additional/new production.

She should just write with him and have a different producer.