Madame X Tour Countdown (OUT NOW!!!)

PanditaRulez

17 minutes ago, Shoful said:

YESSSSS SO EXCITED! I love countdowns! 

I just finished watching the tour like the minute you posted this thread!

Now watch the full uncut concert :Madonna009: with the original Intro, Angel, Borderline, Burning Up and the instrumental interludes! 

53 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

I was not thinking of making a thread about this but my bubu @Shoful recommend me to do it and I think it's a good idea, so guys this is my idea, in these last ten days that we are for the premiere of the Madame X Tour on Paramount+ I propose you to remember her 10 previous tours, today we start remembering the Virgin Tour. And don't forget to watch the full show either on YouTube or your VHS/Laserdisc player or DVD/Blu-Ray (if you have a bootleg copy of course :Madonna009:)

If you want to watch the official release by YouTube you can watch it right here on this nice 2k upscaled video thanks to @InterlacedGeek :Madonna042:

Remini20210928112317865.jpg

Is it just me or this upscale seems to be done from a laserdisc rip and not from the DVD transfer?

• Enrico featured this topic
1 hour ago, PanditaRulez said:

@RUADJAI is there any possibility that you can pin ? this thread to the main page for everyone can see this please? 

hmmm... Looks like @Enrico tried to do it, but it doesn't show up for me. I'm thinking the actual countdown is only allowing one featured topic right now. :confused:

12 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

hmmm... Looks like @Enrico tried to do it, but it doesn't show up for me. I'm thinking the actual countdown is only allowing one featured topic right now. :confused:

Oh ok, don't worry hahaha, Thank you so much for having featured my thread on the main page!!! :Madonna010:

Watched the Virgin Tour for the very first time (?) and I gotta say I loved it, it really gave me the energy and enthusiasm I needed after a boring evening and before going to bed :Madonna014:

Well, it's a problem anyways cause now I'd rather listen to LAV then going to sleep :Madonna006:but at least it chhered me up! 

18 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

?

I'm sorry WHAT

I've never been really interested in it (the first tour in general is never interesting to me, I mean I've been a fan of Katy for almost 5 years and still haven't watched her first tour LOL), I took the chance to watch it today thanks to this countdown thing :Madonna006:

In my defense, I've turned into an hard-core fan less than 3 years ago, and there was so much to discover lololol

7 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I've never been really interested in it (the first tour in general is never interesting to me, I mean I've been a fan of Katy for almost 5 years and still haven't watched her first tour LOL), I took the chance to watch it today thanks to this countdown thing :Madonna006:

In my defense, I've turned into an hard-core fan less than 3 years ago, and there was so much to discover lololol

I meant to comment on your post in another thread from yesterday, but I'm a "newish" fan too! I became a fan right when Rebel Heart came out! Can't believe that was almost 7 years ago now :drama:

22 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Why did these 3 bops get cut? It was already a super short show and those are some of the best songs off the first 2 albums :dead:

You haven't heard or seen anything about this in your 7 years now as a fan?!? SUCH A DISGRACE that these were cut out I HATE HATE HATE when they do that to ANY show (obviously with MX it still happens :/ I pray to the Gods above LOL that there is a FULL physical release for MX after a few months streaming!?!? PLEASE!?!?!? - rant over LOL). Anyway I have pieced together thru the years that the 3 performances were taken out to keep the running time as close to 1 hour as poss. I've heard I don't know whether it's true or not but supposedly back in the day they were going to broadcast the show at some point on TV like they're doing nowadays with MX too & so when it was edited they kept that in mind (it was supposed to be a 1 hour long special prob for MTV) instead of just going back when done & making a shorter edit which would have been easier to do in my opinion. I also heard that "Burning Up" was a pretty risque performance for it's time (maybe the Erotica of the Virgin Tour LOL) showing her writhing around moaning alot & also supposedly kneeling in front of a male dancer/guitarist for a bit making it look from the audience that she is giving him a BJ or something like that SO....

to answer your question I don't think it's ever been officially stated why they were cut out but that is what I have heard from discussions over the years. The older M fans have been wanting a FULL, UNEDITED DVD of this show (along with the BA Tour & Reinvention of course too) for SOOOOOO long now it is still my ultimate wish that we will hopefully see one day!!! Her look changed so much during the opening section of this tour from each city it has always FASCINATED me as a long time die hard fan (I fell in love with her in 1989 watching the LAP video on MTV). I loved the way she looked before she cut the bangs into her hair which I am pretty sure she did starting with her San Francisco or L.A. shows late April 1985. My ULTIMATE dream would be to see a pro filmed earlier show from the VT like Seattle or Portland when she was REALLY a virgin to the stage still. She looked so cute & stylish & sounded AMAZING to me I will always love 80's Madonna. Rant over, going to watch this tour now tonight! Can't wait for 10 nights from now LOLOL!!!! I feel special now that I could teach @Shofulsomething new about M :) 80's Madonna is a whole other experience I am so thankful I was able to experience it happen as it did. I don't think people will ever be able to experience artists that way again it's just changed too much in time from how it used to be. Singles were important. Videos were EVENTS. It was ALOT more fun trying to keep up with things & finding out about things when they happened. Nowadays, you can do everything up to seeing celebs use the bathroom on social medias etc.. & videos aren't that hyped anymore which is just a shame. OK rant really over now LOL, enoy the show!!!! #virgintourforever!!!

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Only? Seems like an eternity ?

EXACTLY!!!

Even my cold heart is starting to feel some ... thing at this point (especially after having flown to Lisbon just to see her  performing live this amazing album and she cancelled it just one hour before the beginning of the show)

35 minutes ago, stefo said:

EXACTLY!!!

Even my cold heart is starting to feel some ... thing at this point (especially after having flown to Lisbon just to see her  performing live this amazing album and she cancelled it just one hour before the beginning of the show)

Oh nooo! So sorry that happened to you. Well at least you were in a gorgeous city haha

• PanditaRulez changed the title to Madame X Tour Countdown (9 days away!)

Just 9 days away from the Madame Tour premiere!!! :Madonna001:

Today we are going to watch and remember her second and first world tour! 

Who's That Girl World Tour 

@Shoful @Andreo @Enrico

And a special mention to @wtg1987 because he's the 1 fan of this very underrated tour! ❤️ 

Remini20210928135222989.jpg

• PanditaRulez changed the title to Madame X Tour Countdown (OUT NOW!!!)
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic