Madame X Tour Countdown (OUT NOW!!!)

PanditaRulez

On 10/1/2021 at 3:02 PM, PanditaRulez said:

Just 7 days for the Madame Tour premiere!!! :Madonna001:

So today we are going to watch and remember her fourth tour! 

The Girlie Show World Tour 

@Shoful @Andreo @lucasciccone @thegoldencalf @Enrico @RUADJAI

Remini20210930232638056.jpg

Ok this is her best ever in my opinion, never again she wen this far, experimenting with the theatrics, genres, arrangements. I absolutely agree with @Enrico, the Girlie Show is the perfect synthesis of the WTG energy and sound and the BA kind of mise en scene. Coreos were sophisticated and sexy as never before and never after: it was a REAL journey, from the lash atmospheres of the Erotica tracks to the military extravaganza of an almost 13 minutes long performance wich easily flies away in continuous musical changes and jokes, from the Weimar Republic ambiguous provocations to the sex liberating disco culture of the 70s, the Dangerous Liaisons scenario and the Indian godess Kali inspired geometries (still iconic). The costumes are still the most elegant, sometimes bizarre but never excessive (the best with the Rebel Heart Tour ones imo). Girlie Show is Fellini, the Barnum circus and the look of a solitary pierrot.

She literally rewrote half of the Erotica tracks to give them life on stage and with such results (Rain, Why's it so hard,  Erotica herself), but most of all she destructured in the most original ways her old classics, from the exhilarating funky of Express Yourself to the severe waltz of Like a Virgin, from the caribbean triumph of La Isla Bonita to the rockabilly XVIIIth century outro of Justify My Love (what a crazy, inventive, smart and funny expedient). And all the musical worlds and artists she quoted, from Marlene to Marvin Gaye, from the Temptations to Gene Kelly or Sly and the Family stone. Jay Winding was the musical director back then: she still worked listening to musicians ideas  and not the last DJs summer hits. 

YET I CAN'T HELP THINKING THAT SHE COULD HAVE GIVEN US SOMETHING AT THIS LEVEL WITH MADAME X IF SHE JUST WANTED TO REALLY WORK ON IT ... God bless the Queen anyway, God bless the Girlie Show, "the greatest show on Earth".

37 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I took the official promotional photos that @Askeroff posted and made little countdowns. GET READY MOTHERFUCKERS

C3FDA8D6-00BC-4779-993D-8953F95EFB8C.thumb.jpeg.1f2339192d4b8985000bdc0ef92e8b49.jpeg

Hey!!! I have a big idea ? when you post the tomorrow's edit post it on Instagram too and don't forget to tag Madonna, maybe she could see your edit and post it on her IG Stories!!!

TRY IT BITCH, C'MON!!! :Madonna010: :Madonna018:

1 hour ago, PanditaRulez said:

Hey!!! I have a big idea ? when you post the tomorrow's edit post it on Instagram too and don't forget to tag Madonna, maybe she could see your edit and post it on her IG Stories!!!

TRY IT BITCH, C'MON!!! :Madonna010: :Madonna018:

She's gonna be mad when she realizes it's the guy who doesn't listen to her when she asks him to quit his job. 

Just now, Enrico said:

It think it was perfect, it made her look like a naughty brat, a little boy rascal.

Let's talk about the boring wigs of Madame X instead  :devil:

Haha yes it made her look like a little boy :Madonna006:

The first act madame x tour wig is so bad :Madonna041:

The fado wig remains her best look in years

• PanditaRulez changed the title to Madame X Tour Countdown (6 days away!)
1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

The short hair in Girlie show was perfect for the concept. All of the dancers mean to be androgynous, the whole show was about playing with genders and sexuality

Exactly! And the Girlie Show persona was based on Orlando (played by Tilda Swinton) and Marlene Dietrich. 

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

She really didn't though

To me she did, for the reasons listed above.

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Exactly! And the Girlie Show persona was based on Orlando (played by Tilda Swinton) and Marlene Dietrich. 

To me she did, for the reasons listed above.

I heard that when she was recording the Fever music video she painted her hair red and then she want to get back to the blonde and burned her hair so she cutted her hair for the GS

3 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I have a special love for Drowned World Tour :drama:

It's so bizarre and good. The outfits were so terrible that they crossed the threshold of what can be judged and became iconic :Madonna049: she looked amazing!:heart:

Haha only Madonna can look so bad and somehow still make it work and be iconic.

And how about that wig ?

Amazing tour though

• PanditaRulez changed the title to Madame X Tour Countdown (OUT NOW!!!)
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic