Madame X Tour Countdown (OUT NOW!!!)

PanditaRulez

1 minute ago, PanditaRulez said:

I heard that when she was recording the Fever music video she painted her hair red and then she want to get back to the blonde and burned her hair so she cutted her hair for the GS

That’s what she said in the Girlie Talk interview. But who knows with her cause she lies a lot. 
She dyed her hair red in early April for the Fever video. And then during the entire summer she had a light brown healthy looking hair.

I think she cut it short because she didn’t want a feminine glam look. Also she’s wearing a lot of different things on her head during the show which would require a short hairdo

I'll never understand why DWT is so overlooked and not considered among her best tours by fans :Madonna048: gorgeous vocals, mystic atmosphere, perfect fresh setlist, "fuck u" attitude but in a more mature tone, the anime styled fight in SFH, the transition from DW to Impressive, the mechanic bull, I literally can't get how it's normally not in her top tier tours. You guys love RHT and then not this? HOW?! 

I also love the outfits, especially the so hated punk ones at the start, She's a fucking badass with that style, actually one of my fave looks ever! :worship:

5 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I'll never understand why DWT is so overlooked and not considered among her best tours by fans :Madonna048: gorgeous vocals, mystic atmosphere, perfect fresh setlist, "fuck u" attitude but in a more mature tone, the anime styled fight in SFH, the transition from DW to Impressive, the mechanic bull, I literally can't get how it's normally not in her top tier tours. You guys love RHT and then not this? HOW?! 

I also love the outfits, especially the so hated punk ones at the start, She's a fucking badass with that style, actually one of my fave looks ever! :worship:

It's a bit dark for some fans' taste I guess. Also, it was the first time she toured in 8 years and some people were disappointed to not hear my old hits at all. She only sang holiday and La isla bonita and the rest was 1994-2000. 

I personally like it, but it isn't one of the first tours I think about when I think of my favourites. I guess maybe I'm not that crazy about the Music album. 

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

It's a bit dark for some fans' taste I guess. Also, it was the first time she toured in 8 years and some people were disappointed to not hear my old hits at all. She only sang holiday and La isla bonita and the rest was 1994-2000. 

I personally like it, but it isn't one of the first tours I think about when I think of my favourites. I guess maybe I'm not that crazy about the Music album. 

I see DWT almost as a ROL tour more than a Music one, still my love for both albums surely helps in loving it, but to me it's just so special and full of highlights! The darkness of this tour is what it makes it even more special I guess (even tho it gets more lighthearted at the end a la MDNAT), and the lack of hits makes it even better, leaving room for all the new stuff (something i personally prefer) instead of being repetitive, especially after not touring for two albums. 

14 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I see DWT almost as a ROL tour more than a Music one, still my love for both albums surely helps in loving it, but to me it's just so special and full of highlights! The darkness of this tour is what it makes it even more special I guess (even tho it gets more lighthearted at the end a la MDNAT), and the lack of hits makes it even better, leaving room for all the new stuff (something i personally prefer) instead of being repetitive, especially after not touring for two albums. 

She played more Music songs :Madonna006:

1 hour ago, PanditaRulez said:

I heard that when she was recording the Fever music video she painted her hair red and then she want to get back to the blonde and burned her hair so she cutted her hair for the GS

In the video when she is not wearing a wig she has a light orange colour. It's pretty easy to get back to blond from that tone without much damaged. And she did have a dirty blond/brown after.

54 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I think my biggest issues with it are:

1. The quality of that DVD is such trash. Like how does it look worse than BAT which came out in 1990

2. She chose shitty songs and left out masterpieces like: The Power of Goodbye, Skin, Nothing Really Matters, and a bunch of Bedtime Stories songs that would've been better than 2 sections of Mer Girl, Beautiful Stranger, WIFLFAG (like 12 times, this song sucks), The Funny Song (of all times to include some random made up song she chose the time she had 3 albums to cover :cryin:)

3. The Hair chosen for the filming night is something :Madonna006:

I had a bad relationship with DWT because I moved to London in 96 and i was waiting to see Madonna live.

And she didn't do anything. Then I was moving to the US and I was broke because everything I saved was for moving there.

And she came out with the concert. And I couldn't see in the States because she finished it before I get there.

I enjoy it it a bit more now, I like the darker side of it but some parts drag for too long.

14 minutes ago, Shoful said:

1. The quality of that DVD is such trash. Like how does it look worse than BAT which came out in 1990

2. She chose shitty songs and left out masterpieces like: The Power of Goodbye, Skin, Nothing Really Matters, and a bunch of Bedtime Stories songs that would've been better than 2 sections of Mer Girl, Beautiful Stranger, WIFLFAG (like 12 times, this song sucks), The Funny Song (of all times to include some random made up song she chose the time she had 3 albums to cover :cryin:)

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

6 minutes ago, Shoful said:

1. Never cared that much about that tbh 

2. Okay the funny song part is actually a very valid point :rip: bitch could have sung another song from Music, possibly American Pie (the "I dOnT LikE tHiS sONg" excuse is stupid, it was a big hit, just perform it omg), Stranger and Mer Girl were actually great choices in terms of setlist imo

3. I love that hair lol

23 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

The only song i always skip is WIFLFAG ... Its dull in my opinion and brings the show to a halt. I have a soft spot for  this tour as we had to wait years for it and the only show I saw in both London and Paris.

Soft spot too because it was not only my first Madonna concert, but also my first concert EVER. At 11 years old.

But both WIfLFAG are fabulous.

I got closer to the DWT when the LA soundboard leaked (isn't it just eargasmic?!?!?). I must admit that the quality of image/sound of the DVD used to be a huge let down but now I think the tour itself can be appreciated properly, especially if you didn't have the opportunity to attend it in person.

The only thing I dislike about it is The Funny Song (but I tend to always dislike the humour sketches she does in her tours). Candy Perfume Girl is good but could be replaced by something better. I love how she closes the first section with a line of the first song performed, it's like coming full circle. And the most outstanding moments to me are the MG/SFH/MG segment and Lo que siente la mujer girl-on-girl Tango dance. 

As I've stated before many times I think LOL DWT will always hold a special place in my heart as well & therefore is among my top faves still to this day! First it was the first time I saw her live (in Atlanta USA) so that sealed the deal. But also because I remember the time well being a fan since 1989 the wait from 1993 until she toured again in 2001 was SOOOOOOO long!!! Nowadays I feel like this quiet & wait that we've had during this era (MX) has been long but nothing compared to the excitement that M was going on tour again for the first time in 8 LONG years!! I will agree the show was dark toned & didn't really contain many "oldies" or "classics" so I can understand that complaint but I was a HUGE fan of the ROL & Music albums so I enjoyed the darker, harder setlist & feel. That said I was NOT a fan of the Funny Song AT ALL so I am def a supporter of that not even having existed. One last note I WISH she had included "You'll See" in every show in place of LQSLM. When she performed that song there was a crazy huge reaction or appreciation & she sounded AMAZING too! I wasn't a huge fan of LQSLM & just always wished she had done something else with that flavor so that she didn't have to change the choreo, costumes w/e.... even "Veras" would have been AMAZING but I don't think she could have remembered the words consistently knowing her now LOL :) 

That being said I still think the show overall was MIND BLOWING especially seeing it live in the day! I guess I am one of the few who absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED her punk looks in each show how it changed & progressed throughout the tour has always fascinated me for some reason! Kind of the same as the opening outfit for the Virgin Tour, each show was different in some slight (or major) way & I have always wanted to someday get photos from EVERY SINGLE show & really see how she changed. I just loved both looks really & in other tours it's not so obvious her look & costumes stay the exact same for the most part. I saw this come thru my FB feed once back when I actually had & used FB LOL but it gives a little idea of what I'm talking about. One for both to show a little example. She looked AMAZING at the start of the Virgin Tour without the bangs (in my opinion) & then I liked the way she looked at the start of the DWT (in Barcelona, Paris, London) & then also at the very end in Los Angeles she looked super hot (& really tan all of a sudden too which I liked LOL :)

https://ibb.co/NYc8jp1

https://ibb.co/FXwtPPH

I know I am rambling LOL sorry I just had to chime in on this one. I love the DWT & wish more pro-filmed shows existed of it! The L.A. soundboard BLEW MY MIND!!! I am one of those people hoping someday to see a pro-shot show from Barcelona or even L.A. would be a DREAM COME TRUE!!!! Along with,

- Virgin Tour (FULL, UNEDITED Detroit show or ULTIMATE DREAM another FULL pro-shot city never seen!!!)

- Blond Ambition Tour (FULL PARIS TRUTH OR DARE FOOTAGE)

- R-I Tour (FULL PARIS IGTTYAS FOOTAGE)

:Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038::Madonna038:

LOL I know a guy can dream tho right!? Who knows maybe someday we will see some things like that?! Rant over.... #longlivedwt2001

• PanditaRulez changed the title to Madame X Tour Countdown (OUT NOW!!!)
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic