Harlem performance Oct. 9, 2021

deathproof

12 minutes ago, the queen said:

Some nobody insisted that Madonna would have a surprise performance at the Jimmy fallon Show, but look at this!! 

Madonna's amazing surprise performance clearly shows the level difference why Madonna is the queen of pop and why nobody is forever nobody! LOL

I really love this surprise performance! 

We have to be honest, that gay pride club whatever performance was kind of pathetic. 

But this surprise performance has class, power, and shocking value!

I don't think the Gay Pride BOOM club was pathetic, i absolutely adore that performance, it's just different than the performance of tonight, two very distinctive atmosphere, once is full force 90's night club house performance and tonight is like a Fado/jazzy cabaret performance, it's like two different sections of a Madonna show from a tour. 

4 minutes ago, the queen said:

by the way who is this Piano guy?

I really like Madonna and his interaction unlike rebel heart keyboard guy. I mean that dude was horrible.

Come on, it's Jon Batiste !!!

I was wondering if he's her new keyboardist or if he was just hired for this performance?

I remember him saying in an interview he was a fan of hers, but I couldn't link to the source.

5 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't think the Gay Pride BOOM club was pathetic, i absolutely adore that performance, it's just different than the performance of tonight, two very distinctive atmosphere, once is full force 90's night club house performance and tonight is like a Fado/jazzy cabaret performance, it's like two different sections of a Madonna show from a tour. 

well not pathetic, I said "kind of" pathetic. LOL

6 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Come on, it's Jon Batiste !!!

I was wondering if he's her new keyboardist or if he was just hired for this performance?

OMG!!!

Is he really Jon Batiste?

He looks so young and different without a beard!!!!

YESSS!!! Please!! Please!! Fire the rebel heart tour keyboardist and hire Jon B! Please!!!!!

Edited by the queen (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, the queen said:

Some nobody insisted that Madonna would have a surprise performance at the Jimmy fallon Show, but look at this!! 

Why are you so mad at me? Lol

It was just my prediction based on what we knew until then, I don't think I was rude to anyone ?

And yes, I know you're talking about me lol

8 minutes ago, the queen said:

OMG!!!

Is he really Jon Batiste?

He looks so young and different without a beard!!!!

YESSS!!! Please!! Please!! Fire therebel heart tour keyboardist and hire Jon B! Please!!!!!

Jon Batiste did GREAT yesterday. But we can't blame Rickey Pageot for the bad musical direction of the last tours, he is a great pianist too. I wonder if Kevin No-Tunes is to blame either, because he did excellent jobs with other singers, like Justin Timberlake.

What I'm going to say will be unpopular. The problem is that Madonna's real vocals have many flows, and even if I'd love to always have a performance like the Harlem one (when objectively she was often out of tune), for a tour and for the general public, sadly, they'll always chose to drown her real vocals under a backing track with the album version or fake prerecorded vocals. Pity that this also prevented us from hearing the gorgeous voices of Munchie and Yahzarah.

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

Jon Batiste did GREAT yesterday. But we can't blame Rickey Pageot for the bad musical direction of the last tours, he is a great pianist too. I wonder if Kevin No-Tunes is to blame either, because he did excellent jobs with other singers, like Justin Timberlake.

The problem is that Madonna's real vocals have many flows, and even if I'd love to have a performance like the Harlem one (when objectively she was often out of tune), for a tour and for the general public,sadly, they'll always chose to drown her real vocals under a backing track with the album version or fake prerecorded vocals. Pity that this often prevents us from hearing the gorgeous voices of Munchie and Yahzarah.

Oh.. that's the dude's name. Rickey Pageot...

But Madonna and his interaction was so BAD. you have to admit that.

for example, "Music" performance form Rebel heart tour.

He couldn't even play the keyboard properly in time for Madonna's movement, and you can feel how frustrated Madonna was with him.

Richey whatever should go. It's time. I mean it's already late but.

6 minutes ago, the queen said:

He couldn't even play the keyboard properly in time for Madonna's movement, and you can feel how frustrated Madonna was with him.

They were playing and teasing each other.

You can't imagine that Madonna would have gone on tour with someone who doesn't interact well with her, given that that they had this  skit every night.

Seriously.

3 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

They were playing and teasing each other.

You can't imagine that Madonna would have gone on tour with someone who doesn't interact well with her, given that that they had this  skit every night.

Seriously.

Teasing and missing is different.

At the beginning of the tour, Madonna didn't even send him a signal. Because she believed in him.

A good keyboardist should have done what she wanted by looking at Madonna's body movement.

However, when he continued to fail to understand Madonna's movements and missed the note or did not hit the keyboard at all, Madonna looked at him and nodded at him and began to send a signal. It's like, "Can you see me sending a signal to you moron?" "Play the keyboard now".

13 minutes ago, the queen said:

Oh.. that's the dude's name. Rickey Pageot...

But Madonna and his interaction was so BAD. you have to admit that.

for example, "Music" performance form Rebel heart tour.

Richey whatever should go. It's time. I mean it's already late but.

When I did the backstage tour for MXT Rickey was very professional and played some piano for us.

I agree with you that yesterday the interaction with Jon Batiste was phenomenal and definitely more evident. And maybe being a great artist in his own right he is less of a yes man than M's collaborators.

4 minutes ago, the queen said:

Teasing and missing is different.

At the beginning of the tour, Madonna didn't even send him a signal. Because she believed in him.

A good keyboardist should have done what she wanted by looking at Madonna's body movement.

However, when he continued to fail to understand Madonna's movements and missed the note or did not hit the keyboard at all, Madonna looked at him and nodded at him and began to send a signal. It's like, "Can you see me sending a signal to you moron?" "Play the keyboard now".

Performing in a small club with barely no technology and in an arena where no-one on stage can hear anything is VERY different.

Madonna works with the top performers in the industry, your judgement is really not fair.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic