Harlem performance Oct. 9, 2021

deathproof

1 hour ago, mochino said:

What song is that?

THE VOCALS OMG, IF SHE KEEPS TRAINING SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO SING RAY OF LIGHT IN THE ORIGINAL KEY AGAIN 

Of course she serves great voice as she hasn't done in years during a private even we'll never see outside crappy potato quality videos :drama:

54 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Famous people are not better than the others. They're just famous.

I’ve never read a truer statement.  A lot of these ‘stars’ nowadays are just very well connected. Hollywood is full of nepotism.

if you have 45 minutes to spare, please take a listen to this awesome interview Batiste gave on NPR’s Fresh Air w/ Terry Gross 

Here

Oh shot that was really bad let’s keep this from the general public, sorry that was just bloody dreadful  

Literally horrific. Tone deaf moment for sure. I just don't get why she's happy to sound like that, she's supposed to be a performance legend but that's just... wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok she was not vocally good, undeniable, but THIS is a musical direction! THIS is a live sound, the proper instruments unsamble to add value to her catalogue and THIS is the guy who should rework her music for the next events (the pianist I mean)! 

Loved the energy and the sound of it ... just the pity of her voice, wich is still there, listening to the Dark Ballet centre part and Sodade (wich sounded both awesome), it's just definitely not trained anymore.

4 hours ago, scion said:

Literally horrific. Tone deaf moment for sure. I just don't get why she's happy to sound like that, she's supposed to be a performance legend but that's just... wow.

It is "literally" an impromptu performance on top of a bar.  Get over and start being a little fucking kind.  So tired of those who sit on the sidelines lashing out.  Go do it better if you can.  

She seems to be happy and really wants to perform again and to enjoy being close to people, it looks more like a meet and greet than a real concert. We may not have seen the last of the theater tours.... I'm totally clueless about what her next musical direction will be but the fire in her is still there (maybe more than in the last few years).

It is "literally" an impromptu performance on top of a bar.  Get over and start being a little fucking kind.  So tired of those who sit on the sidelines lashing out.  Go do it better if you can.  

Truthfully, I actually probably could sing it more on key than that, and I'm no vocalist by any stretch of the imagination.

She's a singer, she should sound half decent whether she's singing in the car, on a stage in front of 50,000 or in some bar. It shouldn't make a difference... some sort of standard would be expected.

I really don't think we can have a proper and definitive opinion about the vocals coming from these videos.

In all fairness the audio is clear enough to make up a decent impression of how it sounded. It's not as though they're the type of videos you'd get back in 2006 recorded on a Motorola in 320p.

5 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

She seems to be happy and really wants to perform again and to enjoy being close to people, it looks more like a meet and greet than a real concert. We may not have seen the last of the theater tours.... I'm totally clueless about what her next musical direction will be but the fire in her is still there (maybe more than in the last few years).

Agreed! I think she’s more passionate about music right now than she has been in decades. She also seemed very passionate when making Madame X. Maybe her making the “visual autobiography” and Madame X tour made her this energized! 

Oh, please... what is the big deal of stating the fact that she's out of key?

Some of y'all thinks she's perfect, can do no wrong and is above good or bad, seriously, to the point of being delusional.

She's a singer with a 40 years career, she's on a stage holding a microphone, if she doesn't want people commenting her lack of skills she should improve it or don't do it. It's that simple. 

It is the end of the world or should we drag her to death for that? No, but it is a fact. :Madonna032:

Oh, please... what is the big deal of stating the fact that she's out of key?
Some of y'all thinks she's perfect, can do no wrong and is above good or bad, seriously, to the point of being delusional.
She's a singer with a 40 years career, she's on a stage holding a microphone, if she doesn't want people commenting her lack of skills she should improve it or don't do it. It's that simple. 
It is the end of the world or should we drag her to death for that? No, but it is a fact. :Madonna032:

Perfect

22 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Agreed! I think she’s more passionate about music right now than she has been in decades. She also seemed very passionate when making Madame X. Maybe her making the “visual autobiography” and Madame X tour made her this energized! 

She was also in physical pain for a long time.

My guess is that her hip and knee started to hurt during Rebel Heart, remember how some performances were stiff. 

If she struggled for a couple years, it might explain a lot of things and why she seems so wild these days now that she's fully recovered.

1 minute ago, PlayPause said:

She was also in physical pain for a long time.

My guess is that her hip and knee started to hurt during Rebel Heart, remember how some performances were stiff. 

If she struggled for a couple years, it might explain a lot of things and why she seems so wild these days now that she's fully recovered.

I find that hard to believe that a multi-millionaire would live in pain for 5 years from a hip injury. I think it happened during rehearsals of MXT. 

17 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I find that hard to believe that a multi-millionaire would live in pain for 5 years from a hip injury. I think it happened during rehearsals of MXT. 

I agree with you, but you know how hard she can be on herself. She might as well have decided not to undergo surgery until it was the only option.

As she implied to Jimmy Fallon, she might have taken opioids to relieve the pain.

Prince was addicted to painkillers after his hips and knees started to hurt. Michael Jackson too. It killed them both.

Those hard working people probably never wanted to stop and settle down for months as the doctors might have required.

They all performed and danced on heels non stop for decades so pain and injury were bound to happen,  regardless of how trained they were.

I'm just speculating but I always wondered what was going on since Rebel Heart.

Remember the whole "fake ass" implants thing, which I never believed in. Something was happening in this area that she was trying to cover / hide.

Going off topic so this is my last post about this.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic