Harlem performance Oct. 9, 2021

deathproof

18 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Will you fucking leave her alone????? (Not just this post read all your ones before - others please do too) Youve done nothing but bitch about a woman you dont know, or her circumstances non stop now for waay too much over thinking. Go and do something else, do your eyebrows or something. 

Re read all your last posts. Youve been a total bitch. Are you OK? There are huge problems in the world. 

Ban me, report me, im sick of some of these twats.  This place needs to lighten up. hankypanky2021 i dont know who you are or give a shit if you throw in a couple of nice words to throw people off youre not being a later Madonna fan. If you dont like her now, GO AWAY! You even seemed to hate half of her before. Why are you here????????????????? Are you another hater under a different name? There seems to be a few that have negative lives and just come on here to bitch. 

There needs to be a flush here and you can flush me, im only trying to help and share love and fandom. She doesnt have to be perfect for me. Im glad shes alive and enlightened my life for almost all of it. Im gonna stick up for her. Yes she can make mistakes but jesus christ some on here need to go. 

Maybe I do. Love to all the other nice fans, you know who you are. *heart*

im a massive madonna fan i have done nothing but defend her i'm just pointing out the obvious ..her voice has changed since rebel heart tour and even tears of a clown tour which she sang the american life songs sat down perfectly - calm down

1 minute ago, schumakg86 said:

I wonder if there’s a Rolling Stones forum where they pick apart Mick Jagger’s vocals these days.

(Having said that, I’m tired of the auto tune. Give it to me raw baby.)

He has never been able to sing , its the autotune that bothers me i worry its going to be all the time now 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Thank God for nature, for the angels that surround me... And for the ignore button on this forum ?

I'm so happy she's releasing the full thing!!! Not because she's releasing it, but because i won't need to do the montage myself ?

Talking about the ignore button, i've never been able to find it, where is it ?

14 minutes ago, gafuller said:

It’s called “None Of This Is Real”. 

jk

Tell me about it... I have just learned at 39yo that my father (who passed away in 2006) was not not my biological father and that my real father is a 60yo tunisian man who live 5 minutes away from me... indeed none of this is real !

16 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i love her to death but some of them notes are terrible :( like the worst i have ever heard her - what the hell happened to her voice after rebel heart and portugal being a soccer mum - i worry that autotune on her voice is going to be a permanent fixture on tour and on her records now :( is she just unfit ?? is it because she is getting out of breath easy it seems so , lack of training ? to be fair crazy would not be a easy song to sing but she has support on her voice during it and still sounds bad :( makes me sad ..surely one of her band tells her  that she is not sounding so good but i guess she knows this and this is why she now uses that autotune on her voice even live so i wonder what changed :( has she developed asthma or something - what happened to her voice after rebel heart ..can you imagine she performed like that live on tv not to mention she almost breaks her neck falling performing it , ill stick to the madame x tour version of crazy 

Actually it must be said that her singing performances became embarrassing from the Sticky and Sweet Tour, then she recovered for MDNA and RHT but still she was never great, she was barely decent (just listen to the soundboards) and not like CT, RIT and DWT.
All of Madame X was with autotune. She did sing La Vie En Rose better there than on the whole RHT, where it was part of the setlist, though.

16 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

yes ive seen recordings of the performance at met gala and it was good - nothing like what we see now on this performance :(  she needs to do some musical numbers with monte again i think he helped her sing better during American life promo - she needs people to tell her NO too ..ffs ..way too many yes men and women around her perhaps get rid of guy oseary too because what kind of manager allows his artist to go on stage live at Eurovision sounding off when he had heard rehearsal which she sounds even worse in - i will never forgive him for that - this all said i do think crazy was a number she lip synced on tour fully so it was nice to see her try and sing it live well

It was actually better at the MET gala than here, but still worse than the RHT. 
Like A Prayer had a lot of out of tune at the MET, she sang it poorly (I just looked it up yesterday).
Not so much better than how she did it at eurovision, except that at eurovision she also had autotune that sang the wrong notes.

12 hours ago, schumakg86 said:

I wonder if there’s a Rolling Stones forum where they pick apart Mick Jagger’s vocals these days.

(Having said that, I’m tired of the auto tune. Give it to me raw baby.)

Jagger may not be a great voice, but he's in tune, he doesn't make shitty vocal performances.

And if he has difficulty with the original melody, as here, he simplifies the parts but still keeps the original key, not lowering it as Madonna does (lowering it a semitone or two makes no sense and affects all the sound, rather change the effect by lowering it a third or a fourth).

https://youtu.be/fltEveIKo5M

In all fairness, even the Confessions tour didn't sound brilliant vocally, once you take the playback away I can't imagine she would sound THAT different to the more recent tours. The bootlegs suggest she was still hit and miss on that tour, it's just Stuart Price knew how to musically direct a Madonna concert, something Kevin NoTunes has never and seemingly will never be able to do.

You have to consider in making the leap from CT to S&S, she went from a concert which was literally at least a third mimed on the average night (FL, Get Together (some shows) part of Jump, Sorry, Music, Erotica, Lucky Star, Hung Up) to a show that was pretty much live from start to finish with S&S and a hell of a lot more physically demanding. Had Price directed the S&S tour, I imagine she would have been vocally a lot better, at the cost of increased playback and less physical exertion.

Personally I'm of the belief that if you can't do it live, don't do it at all, but that's my own perspective. I love genuinely live music. To fans who would prefer a better sounding visual performance than a better sounding steady performance, CT was ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Loru said:

Actually it must be said that her singing performances became embarrassing from the Sticky and Sweet Tour, then she recovered for MDNA and RHT but still she was never great, she was barely decent (just listen to the soundboards) and not like CT, RIT and DWT.
All of Madame X was with autotune. She did sing La Vie En Rose better there than on the whole RHT, where it was part of the setlist, though.

It was actually better at the MET gala than here, but still worse than the RHT. 
Like A Prayer had a lot of out of tune at the MET, she sang it poorly (I just looked it up yesterday).
Not so much better than how she did it at eurovision, except that at eurovision she also had autotune that sang the wrong notes.

Jagger may not be a great voice, but he's in tune, he doesn't make shitty vocal performances.

And if he has difficulty with the original melody, as here, he simplifies the parts but still keeps the original key, not lowering it as Madonna does (lowering it a semitone or two makes no sense and affects all the sound, rather change the effect by lowering it a third or a fourth).

https://youtu.be/fltEveIKo5M

how funny i dont think jagger has ever sang in tune , infact i do not think he even sings lol

she can sing live when standing still lol its that pitch corrector i take issue with here , ive never heard it before on her voice till madame x and i worry if its going to be a permanent fixture and yes she should have totally mimed like a prayer at eurovision but part of me wonders if there was truth in her being paid by a fan to perform and she felt obliged to sing live ?? this all said i think crazy out of all the songs on the madame x would be the hardest to perform live so im surprised she even tried and here is where my problem is what has happened to her vocals that she needs to rely on this technology in the past 3 years 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

she can sing live when standing still lol its that pitch corrector i take issue with here , ive never heard it before on her voice till madame x and i worry if its going to be a permanent fixture and yes she should have totally mimed like a prayer at eurovision but part of me wonders if there was truth in her being paid by a fan to perform and she felt obliged to sing live ?? this all said i think crazy out of all the songs on the madame x would be the hardest to perform live so im surprised she even tried and here is where my problem is what has happened to her vocals that she needs to rely on this technology in the past 3 years 

It could be anything. Hearing loss. Total lack of practice. Natural wear. Bad attitude towards her skill set.

I do unfortunately worry that the autotune is here to stay... put it this way, I don't be buying tickets to another tour until I hear the boots. Which is fine, she isn't going to miss my £200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf...this weird discussion.

S&S vocals are her worst vocals ever on tour guys, come on. 

MDNA was a bit better, RHT was even better. Listen to the accustic parts of the show where she sings a different song every night. She gave us performances like this:

Where were these vocals during the MDNA tour or even Sticky? Love Don't Live Here Anymore, etc where usually great.

Of course the soundboards are bad, specially on her dancing numbers. Plus, she was already in Japan. She was touring for half a year already. There's no miracle there. She was also in her mid to late 50's back during this tour. 

But i find it odd how some of you have this weird selective memory about her vocals. The Confessions Tour DVD changed her vocals for Lucky Star, Hung Up, and some others. It was widely discussed back then. 

About her current vocals...this is how she was performing Frozen 20 years ago:

Only 3 years later, you can already feel she's not quite hitting the mark:

Add 20 years on top of her already 40 something from back then...and it's not weird she sounds like she does right now. 

Her voice will keep deteriorating. It's called aging. And she's still giving us moving performances in her 60's, even for Frozen. 

I feel like her voice really recovered in general since S&S even if overall it's not as great as when she was in her early 40's...but guess what? It's never going to be like that again, no matter how much she works on it. But you can tell she didn't give a shit during S&S and did work on those vocals later.

Still...go back to some recordings of BAT and be amazed how rough Like a Prayer sounds back then. She even murdered Sooner or Later a few times if i recall.

This conversation about her vocals like she was always pitch perfect on tour is weird as hell. It wouldnt even make sense if she was 30 years old, lol

10 hours ago, Frank said:

Thank God for nature, for the angels that surround me... And for the ignore button on this forum ?

I'm so happy she's releasing the full thing!!! Not because she's releasing it, but because i won't need to do the montage myself ?

…For the spirit of my mother who is always protecting me. 

FROM NOW ON I AM MADAME

AND MADAME X LOVES TO DANCE… Cause you can’t hit a moving TARGET ??

15 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

wtf...this weird discussion.

S&S vocals are her worst vocals ever on tour guys, come on. 

MDNA was a bit better, RHT was even better. Listen to the accustic parts of the show where she sings a different song every night. She gave us performances like this:

Where were these vocals during the MDNA tour or even Sticky? Love Don't Live Here Anymore, etc where usually great.

Of course the soundboards are bad, specially on her dancing numbers. Plus, she was already in Japan. She was touring for half a year already. There's no miracle there. She was also in her mid to late 50's back during this tour. 

But i find it odd how some of you have this weird selective memory about her vocals. The Confessions Tour DVD changed her vocals for Lucky Star, Hung Up, and some others. It was widely discussed back then. 

About her current vocals...this is how she was performing Frozen 20 years ago:

Only 3 years later, you can already feel she's not quite hitting the mark:

Add 20 years on top of her already 40 something from back then...and it's not weird she sounds like she does right now. 

Her voice will keep deteriorating. It's called aging. And she's still giving us moving performances in her 60's, even for Frozen. 

I feel like her voice really recovered in general since S&S even if overall it's not as great as when she was in her early 40's...but guess what? It's never going to be like that again, no matter how much she works on it. But you can tell she didn't give a shit during S&S and did work on those vocals later.

Still...go back to some recordings of BAT and be amazed how rough Like a Prayer sounds back then. She even murdered Sooner or Later a few times if i recall.

This conversation about her vocals like she was always pitch perfect on tour is weird as hell. It wouldnt even make sense if she was 30 years old, lol

Thank god someone agrees with me her S&S vocals are pure TRASH. I cannot even watch that tour cause she sounds like a dying crow 90% of it. It’s so bad!

Her vocals on the Madame X tour were IMMACULATE. Easily her best since probably confessions. 

dying crow lol tbh she danced her ass off on that tour so i can forgive her - i broght up her vocals because i can hear something new on her voice that she has not used before and i'm worried it will be a permanent fixture - i do not like it lol - its like its carrying her notes for her but its not working very well ...

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic