Harlem performance Oct. 9, 2021

deathproof

but were they live ? i am unsure tbh she deffo lipped crazy 

No.

A lot of the tour is pre-recorded or sung over backing tracks where her live vocals are inaudible or virtually . Medellin, Crazy, Come Alive, I Rise, Vogue etc... all barely any real vocals.

We all know how she sound live on her best days, and the Madame X tour is not that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, scion said:

No.

A lot of the tour is pre-recorded or sung over backing tracks where her live vocals are inaudible or virtually . Medellin, Crazy, Come Alive, I Rise, Vogue etc... all barely any real vocals.

We all know how she sound live on her best days, and the Madame X tour is not that.

she sang some moments completely live though and she was good but she was still too sooo ..i think the times of madonna moving about and singing well are long gone sadly - i dont know why she does not just sit still and sing sometimes - i would not think any less of her if she did i always enjoy it when she does ..she does not need to jump about and hump everything in sight lol - she should have sang future instead of crazy here i mean the piano was already there ..crazy be too demanding to sing live for her 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

how funny i dont think jagger has ever sang in tune , infact i do not think he even sings lol

Jagger doesn't have a great voice or vocal technique, he sings the simplest things but he's usually in tune. Much more than Madonna, even though he probably has less vocal ability.

5 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

she can sing live when standing still lol its that pitch corrector i take issue with here , ive never heard it before on her voice till madame x and i worry if its going to be a permanent fixture and yes she should have totally mimed like a prayer at eurovision but part of me wonders if there was truth in her being paid by a fan to perform and she felt obliged to sing live ?? this all said i think crazy out of all the songs on the madame x would be the hardest to perform live so im surprised she even tried and here is where my problem is what has happened to her vocals that she needs to rely on this technology in the past 3 years 

But Crazy is also quite easy, it's a song with little range, it's true that in Madame X there are even easier songs.

9 minutes ago, Loru said:

Jagger doesn't have a great voice or vocal technique, he sings the simplest things but he's usually in tune. Much more than Madonna, even though he probably has less vocal ability.

But Crazy is also quite easy, it's a song with little range, it's true that in Madame X there are even easier songs.

i mean hard for madonna to sing live - its not candy shop is it lol - i would not even call what jagger does singing sooo ..

7 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

wtf...this weird discussion.

S&S vocals are her worst vocals ever on tour guys, come on. 

MDNA was a bit better, RHT was even better. Listen to the accustic parts of the show where she sings a different song every night. She gave us performances like this:

Where were these vocals during the MDNA tour or even Sticky? Love Don't Live Here Anymore, etc where usually great.

Of course the soundboards are bad, specially on her dancing numbers. Plus, she was already in Japan. She was touring for half a year already. There's no miracle there. She was also in her mid to late 50's back during this tour. 

But i find it odd how some of you have this weird selective memory about her vocals. The Confessions Tour DVD changed her vocals for Lucky Star, Hung Up, and some others. It was widely discussed back then. 

About her current vocals...this is how she was performing Frozen 20 years ago:

Only 3 years later, you can already feel she's not quite hitting the mark:

Add 20 years on top of her already 40 something from back then...and it's not weird she sounds like she does right now. 

Her voice will keep deteriorating. It's called aging. And she's still giving us moving performances in her 60's, even for Frozen. 

I feel like her voice really recovered in general since S&S even if overall it's not as great as when she was in her early 40's...but guess what? It's never going to be like that again, no matter how much she works on it. But you can tell she didn't give a shit during S&S and did work on those vocals later.

Still...go back to some recordings of BAT and be amazed how rough Like a Prayer sounds back then. She even murdered Sooner or Later a few times if i recall.

This conversation about her vocals like she was always pitch perfect on tour is weird as hell. It wouldnt even make sense if she was 30 years old, lol

At S&S she undoubtedly sang worse than ever. I say this despite the fact that I loved that tour to bits.
But even in You Must Love Me, the moment of the concert where she was singing well, she was doing some notes that were almost always flat (concealing, say, feeling). Maybe her best vocal performance of that tour was Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.

I remember the RHT soundboards, for sure in Tokyo compared to the beginning of the tour she got worse because she was tired, but there is always a big difference between the soundboards and the audio recorded by the fans in the same concert, EQ and the help of the backing vocalists play a big role.
In the RHT her voice however was ok, she sang well enough without excelling but without sounding bad either. 
Ghosttown is a track that she performed most of the times quite well, always with some mistakes but nevertheless always with a very good rendition.
Crazy For You wasn't bad either, Secret was great. Her voice there was ok, though not top notch. But I recognized her preparation and how she cared about her renditions.

Anyway, now we are comparing Frozen performed at the original pitch with Frozen performed today at a lower pitch and with the help of a pitch corrector (which in my opinion she didn't need at all, but it has an impact). 
Unfortunately in the recorded date of the RIT (Lisbon) she was not in good shape, whereas in the rest of the tour she sang it much better.

OR

However one of her best moments vocally was the American Life Promo Tour, she delivered her notes with tremendous lightness, just as she should always do. 

Just to name a few at random... but in almost every performance she proved study and technical preparation, as well as relaxation and lightness in her singing.

However, it's not that she always sucks today, she still does better than S&S. Just wish she would study a little and get better at it. She definetly can. This time in Harlem her voice was a total mess (even with autotune in Dark Ballet and Sodade)

Edited by Loru (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Loru said:

Just wish she would study a little and get better at it. She definetly can.

This. I'm so pissed by the fact she seems she gives basically 0 fucks about her voice nowadays, I wonder why isn't she training her voice anymore? I don't understand. Also, the videos you shared of the AL promotion... I'm speechless, I've never seen them before, her voice is the best ever in these! Oh God, I wish she could get at that level again, the LAV performance was... :drama:

I hope she gets vocal training again for the next project. I feel like that with the new team, Warner taking her back, the anniversary + movie era she will take a bit more care of her voice and of what she does in general, you know. I hope so... Bitch can do it, but she doesn't care for some reason. 

41 minutes ago, Andreo said:

This. I'm so pissed by the fact she seems she gives basically 0 fucks about her voice nowadays, I wonder why isn't she training her voice anymore? I don't understand. Also, the videos you shared of the AL promotion... I'm speechless, I've never seen them before, her voice is the best ever in these! Oh God, I wish she could get at that level again, the LAV performance was... :drama:

I hope she gets vocal training again for the next project. I feel like that with the new team, Warner taking her back, the anniversary + movie era she will take a bit more care of her voice and of what she does in general, you know. I hope so... Bitch can do it, but she doesn't care for some reason. 

When she did the Prince tribute you could tell she wasn't studying singing consistently, but at least she had studied the song and the performance very carefully. That would be enough for me. 
Of course, if she wanted to, with an intense study she could get closer to the level she had in the Promo tour of American Life.
But her voice timbre has also changed a bit, her voice has been slightly ruined and got heavy. That doesn't take away from the fact that she could make incredible improvements and that she could sing more lightly.
Let's not give up hope yet though. 
After the S&S disaster (which was unexpected since in the CT her voice was ok), she has made a little more effort, which means she cares a little bit.

58 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I thought the Warner deal was more about taking care of her legacy and distributing her material?

I really don't think she's going to be a Warner Bros act, with a new team, advisors, etc. That's still all Guy Oseary and his team. 

Plus...she has all those yes-people kids around her screaming "yas queen" every time she does something. You don't grow that way. 

I agree...i have no idea why she doesn't train her voice more. Clearly she can. 

51 minutes ago, Loru said:

When she did the Prince tribute you could tell she wasn't studying singing consistently, but at least she had studied the song and the performance very carefully. That would be enough for me. 
Of course, if she wanted to, with an intense study she could get closer to the level she had in the Promo tour of American Life.
But her voice timbre has also changed a bit, her voice has been slightly ruined and got heavy. That doesn't take away from the fact that she could make incredible improvements and that she could sing more lightly.
Let's not give up hope yet though. 
After the S&S disaster (which was unexpected since in the CT her voice was ok), she has made a little more effort, which means she cares a little bit.

I thought she sang really well - you could tell she was really trying - stevie on the other hand lol 

7 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Oh fans slagged her off then for wearing a leotard and bonking a boombox.  Now they think its legendary. 

I feel like this always happens to her. Even with critics. This is an actual quote from Ray of Light review from Rolling Stone and how they open up the review:

In just the first song, “Drowned World/Substitute for Love,” Madonna throws in trip-hop drum loops, jungle snares, string samples and pointless computer bleeps (lots of those). She shows off all these trinkets from her expensive collection of electronica gimmicks as if she’s unpacking her shopping bags after a day at the outlet malls and she doesn’t even care if they clash. “Drowned World” comes on loud, tacky and ridiculous, but it lets Madonna do what she does best: show off.

Only after saying all of this, they decided to go for a "it's a great song". Every compliment she ever got felt like they were forced to do so because it's Madonna.

A little after that, this is what they had to say:

Madonna spends too much of the album slowing down the tempo in her quest for God, but God probably prefers “Into the Groove,” just like the rest of us. Ray of Light isn’t quite the triumphant musical comeback her fans were praying novenas for. 

This is an actual quote from the review :lol:

Nowadays it's considered an album that changed the face of pop music back in the late 90's and Madonna's best work ever alongside Like a Prayer. 

They ended up giving the album 4 out of 5 stars. 

Even when Confessions came out i always felt reviews were good but they are always completely cynical, it's not even funny. 

10 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I thought the Warner deal was more about taking care of her legacy and distributing her material?

Absolutely, but I think they will also do the best to also clean her image and improve her reputation, and what's the best way for a singer if not training the voice to sound better and give an emotional performance to do so? Idk I might be reaching, but this seems plausible tbh, I think she even got new people around her for this reason lately, (her social media improved a lot for example, it was a spamming boomer page before that lol). They sure want to clean her image the more it's possible to make people even more interested in her and her upcoming projects, again, I might be reaching lol

15 hours ago, scion said:

No.

That is incorrect. She forgot the words to Crazy at my show. If you compare the audio from different dates, it sounds different 

Can promise you she was live on tour! ANYBODY that went to the last couple of Paris dates can tell you that. She told us she was ill and sounded like she had a sore throat worse than the BAT bad dates in every song. Hit every note though and tried her best. She coughed a few times too, she was drinking medicine and booze at the same time saying she was getting drunk to get through it. Still in good spirits. 

Ive been to see people 100 times and if they are rough the playback gets turned up. She didnt do that so whoever says she mimed.. ask the people that went to the couple of days before it got cancelled. She knew she had germs because she didnt come into the audience apart from walking through I rise. 

Course im not going on about the robotic on purpose robotic effect songs. The rest was 100% live.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Wow! This is terrible ?

i actually do not want her to release this in full   ,i just want to forget about it lol thank god this was not televised or streamed live  ..i love her to bits but this performance is not IT at all infact if she watched it herself she would prob agree - this all said i bet it was good when you was actually there 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:03 PM, thegoldencalf said:

I wonder when they’ll be done with the retouching and fixing her vocals and release this…

I dont think this will be as easy to fix as her eurovision performance of like a prayer - she should just release dark ballet as this was prob the only well performed/sung song from this evening - the rest is just bad and its bad because she cant be arsed training her voice or taking care of it which annoys me as a fan because i know she can sing well when she wants to or is well rehearsed - i also don't think she is not mad on rehearsal as she once was - she sang solade great on that clip from madame x tour though just not in this clip - i wonder what monte thought when she made them bad notes ? i would go as far and say this event was quite possibly her worst vocal performance ever :(  im surprised fans are sharing it - it does not look good on madonna 

6 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i actually do not want her to release this in full   ,i just want to forget about it lol thank god this was not televised or streamed live  ..i love her to bits but this performance is not IT at all infact if she watched it herself she would prob agree - this all said i bet it was good when you was actually there 

6 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

I dont think this will be as easy to fix as her eurovision performance of like a prayer - she should just release dark ballet as this was prob the only well performed/sung song from this evening - the rest is just bad and its bad because she cant be arsed training her voice or taking care of it which annoys me as a fan because i know she can sing well when she wants to or is well rehearsed - i also don't think she is not mad on rehearsal as she once was - she sang solade great on that clip from madame x tour though just not in this clip - i wonder what monte thought when she made them bad notes ? i would go as far and say this event was quite possibly her worst vocal performance ever :(  im surprised fans are sharing it - it does not look good on madonna 

Maybe she’s re-recording or using the audio from MXT haha.

I think these impromptu acoustic performances are meant for strong vocalists like Miss Gaga. She should stick to what she’s good at.

10 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Maybe she’s re-recording or using the audio from MXT haha.

I think these impromptu acoustic performances are meant for strong vocalists like Miss Gaga. She should stick to what she’s good at.

i dont like her impromptu performances either - her small gigs have been terrible too especially the horrific one where she had her saggy tits out during artpop- it would have been good for the fans and im guessing if it was televised or something she would have rehearsed more - that is what is wrong with this performance ..madonna takes way too much time out of the game etc - stefanny is always in the studio working - madonna has a family and i think its clear they are most important to her - what other artist does these sort of gigs apart from gaga because i dont agree with you on that.. we are talking bar club gigs aint we not vegas performances etc ..she just should have sang future sat at the piano and dark ballet ..she is out of practice with solade and crazy is just too hard to sing for her live

2 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i dont like her impromptu performances either - her small gigs have been terrible too especially the horrific one where she had her saggy tits out during artpop- it would have been good for the fans and im guessing if it was televised or something she would have rehearsed more 

I liked some more than others but regardless she has the ability to sing without extensive rehearsing. Madonna doesn’t. 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, hankypanky2021 said:

she sang some moments completely live though and she was good but she was still too sooo ..i think the times of madonna moving about and singing well are long gone sadly - i dont know why she does not just sit still and sing sometimes - i would not think any less of her if she did i always enjoy it when she does ..she does not need to jump about and hump everything in sight lol - she should have sang future instead of crazy here i mean the piano was already there ..crazy be too demanding to sing live for her 

Hump everything in sight. That made me laugh out loud. Barbara Walters for real for real.

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

I liked some more than others but regardless she has the ability to sing without extensive rehearsing. Madonna doesn’t. 

gaga obviously trains her voice and works on it and looks after it , madonna giving the break she has had after the tour obviously hasnt - ive heard gags sound bad too though soo ..she also moves terrible ..wait until she is  63 lol ..

• Enrico unfeatured this topic