Harlem performance Oct. 9, 2021

deathproof

22 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I liked some more than others but regardless she has the ability to sing without extensive rehearsing. Madonna doesn’t. 

while i admit that gags can sing better than madonna .not adele or a lot of the other female singers tbh lol she could only dream of having a show as artpop as madame x is - madonna could do these kinds of performances if she just stopped being naughty madonna for once and become classy lol ..i would also need to see the full dark ballet performance before my final judgement on this performance - gags should stick to vegas and pondering to the gay community with trashy dance tracks  let madonna do the real artpop - madonna would sing better if she sat at a piano like gags does too - ive noticed during this performance her vocals fall flat when she moves or dances - i dont think she should stop them completely i just think she should do them when she has a record to promote and rehearse rehearse rehearse and maybe sit at a piano or on a stool but she would prob turn the stool over and dry hump that sooo...lol - she sang joan of arc great on ellen sat on a stool and ghostown great standing still next to a piano ..she is able to do this but she just does not put in the time these days - maybe she feels she has nothing left to prove i dont know , she also sounded good when singing sat down on tears of a clown compared to the ones where she moved and danced ..lets face it the days of madonna singing and dancing in tune are long gone - its prob age 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

while i admit that gags can sing better than madonna .not adele or a lot of the other female singers tbh lol she could only dream of having a show as artpop as madame x is - madonna could do these kinds of performances if she just stopped being naughty madonna for once and become classy lol ..i would also need to see the full dark ballet performance before my final judgement on this performance - gags should stick to vegas and pondering to the gay community with trashy dance tracks  let madonna do the real artpop - madonna would sing better if she sat at a piano like gags does too - ive noticed during this performance her vocals fall flat when she moves or dances - i dont think she should stop them completely i just think she should do them when she has a record to promote and rehearse rehearse rehearse and maybe sit at a piano or on a stool but she would prob turn the stool over and dry hump that sooo...lol - she sang joan of arc great on ellen sat on a stool and ghostown great standing still next to a piano ..she is able to do this but she just does not put in the time these days - maybe she feels she has nothing left to prove i dont know , she also sounded good when singing sat down on tears of a clown compared to the ones where she moved and danced ..lets face it the days of madonna singing and dancing in tune are long gone - its prob age 

And if she wants to have a strenuous dance routine I wouldn’t mind her using pre recorded vocals. 
And yes I agree. She needs to remember that she can be sexual without overdoing it. The best example is Fever at Arsenio Hall. Long black dress and no antics. And still oozing sex.

5 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

And if she wants to have a strenuous dance routine I wouldn’t mind her using pre recorded vocals. 
And yes I agree. She needs to remember that she can be sexual without overdoing it. The best example is Fever at Arsenio Hall. Long black dress and no antics. And still oozing sex.

yes she needs to stop wanting to piss off the ageists who think she cant be sexual at her age etc ..she is putting this first at the moment and she needs to take a break from it - a break from pushing peoples buttons lol

3 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

yes she needs to stop wanting to piss off the ageists who think she cant be sexual at her age etc ..she is putting this first at the moment and she needs to take a break from it - a break from pushing peoples buttons lol

Are you a 1950's husband by any chance?  Just curious.

31 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Gaga needs the rehearsing for literally every other element of her performance. 

gaga does rehearse ..he is just saying that because of that snide dig she had at madonna when she was saying she doesnt rehearse you know when she lost her temper being interviewed when compared to madonna lol 

46 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Are you a 1950's husband by any chance?  Just curious.

i know madonna does not sit at home wearing what she wore for the mtv awards and i know why she wears these things at these events  - i just wish she would step away from this for a while and concentrate on herself , let her hair down basically - stop fighting - just for one era lol ..its all i ask 

1 hour ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i know madonna does not sit at home wearing what she wore for the mtv awards and i know why she wears these things at these events  - i just wish she would step away from this for a while and concentrate on herself , let her hair down basically - stop fighting - just for one era lol ..its all i ask 

I vote for never stop fighting. 

To me Madonna is currently in the same phase as Maraig Carey circa 2010/2016... Pushing her personna to the point it's almost a parody (Diva for Mariah / Rebel for Madonna), Mariah's famous "Dah'ling" being M's "Artists are here to disturb the peace",  always with a drink in her hand (Champagne for Mariah/ Rose for M), Photoshopping her pics to death when she clearly didn't look like that and people would see it but they just didn't care or realise, Giving average perrormances voice wise (maybe too much champagne/ rose backstage)... 

Gagas admitted she doesnt rehearse much. Her 'pop hits, whatever it was called' show in Vegas got AWFUL reviews didnt sell and was cancelled!

What IS working for her is her Jazz show, great reviews, sells well and has been picked up to continue. Good on her for that, cant moan. Im not her biggest fan by a long shot but to keep a job in Vegas she's doing well even though shes obviously had to sit through cringy meetings hearing about her main shows complaints, losses and maybe being Jancelled. 

I hope her fans get het tour next year, they must feel a bit down in the dumps I hope it happens for them but lets face it...has she ever finished one of the more recent ones? 

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

To me Madonna is currently in the same phase as Maraig Carey circa 2010/2016... Pushing her personna to the point it's almost a parody (Diva for Mariah / Rebel for Madonna), Mariah's famous "Dah'ling" being M's "Artists are here to disturb the peace",  always with a drink in her hand (Champagne for Mariah/ Rose for M), Photoshopping her pics to death when she clearly didn't look like that and people would see it but they just didn't care or realise, Giving average perrormances voice wise (maybe too much champagne/ rose backstage)... 

Great observation. Agreed.

8 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

gaga does rehearse ..he is just saying that because of that snide dig she had at madonna when she was saying she doesnt rehearse you know when she lost her temper being interviewed when compared to madonna lol 

She does rehearse. But she needs way less rehearsal than Madonna. 
Meanwhile she’s an awful dancer and has the stage presence of a dead fish.

1 hour ago, scallywally said:

Gagas admitted she doesnt rehearse much. Her 'pop hits, whatever it was called' show in Vegas got AWFUL reviews didnt sell and was cancelled

I’m not sure that’s true. 
It got cancelled just like all her other tours get cancelled. I don’t think she likes doing these high energy shows. 

1 minute ago, PanditaRulez said:

The global pandemic was another reason for the cancelation too

Of course!!!! But im trying to put across people loved, bought more tix and got better reviews for the Jazz Vegas show which is up and running. It was more successful. m not making a dig saying it was crap, I never went! I had a friend that went to both and said the first wasnt very good but loved the Jazz one. So his review matched the medias. 

Im not really that bothered. Shes got a successful show!!! Well done to her! She obviously shines doing the jazz show more than the old routines. 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

She does rehearse. But she needs way less rehearsal than Madonna. 
Meanwhile she’s an awful dancer and has the stage presence of a dead fish.

i think madonna just had one day of rehearsing for this show and it shows ..she needs to rehearse more in the actual place that she is going to perform not in a living room - sound checks and she most needs somebody to tell her "madonna you sound a bit off " especially her manager ..im sure she would not take offence and chop off heads ..i always think back to that clip from blonde ambition where dick tracey is all shy and she says "whats wrong "and he says "i cant sing " and she says " thats ok i cant either and look how far ive come " ..i think possibly the funniest thing she has ever said on stage..i dont know about you lot but i feel if she is going to sing like this then id prefer her to lipsync - id swap the humping and grinding for her just sat on a stool singing anytime lol 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic