Harlem performance Oct. 9, 2021

deathproof

32 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

it's not just sad it's so fkn stupid and feeble minded. Who the fck really cares if she has a little belly now? She's 63 fkn years old and genetically an Italian grandmama. She looks great. End fo fkn story. 

its just a bit of a shock because she has always been so in control of her diet ,i swear to god that she has gained weight for other reasons lol ..after watching that video about her surgery it kind of makes sense - i refuse to believe its because she eats too much - maybe its just recovery and steroids though - i do think she looks good though :) 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, scion said:

Exactly!

I think a lot of fans forget she wasn't the smallest even when she started out - she was bigger on the Virgin Tour than she is now! Her body, her business. To me, she looks brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember having to look up the word "zaftig" years ago because she used it to describe her earlier figure. 

This is so infinitely depressing. Despite all her achievements, all her hard work and talent, her behaviour and work are still being viewed by some through the prism of the men in her life ("things went down hill after the divorce") or her appearance (tummy, ass, cheeks or whatever else we're dissecting on any given day). Misogyny in sheep's clothing of concern.

She's out of tune. This is a fact.
She is not interested in improving herself, rather she constantly uses a pitch corrector that doesn't work miracles anyway. I think sometimes she would do better to lip-sync.

This is objective, I am a singer and I study singing and I have to speak the truth. 

Singing is not a matter of concentration, when you sing well and with good technique it is done with naturalness and relaxation. She doesn't approach notes with lightness, she gets heavy and stiff when she does intervals of notes that are not too close together and she is almost always flat because how she thinks notes (unless she changes vocal register).

But despite that, I still love her. Despite the fact that I don't like her new swollen face and no longer with her own facial features, I don't care about it and despite her lack of vocal training I will continue to follow her anyway because I like her music and her way of performing. She could look like Jocelyn Wildenstein, I would say I don't like her change but I would still be here: aesthetics aren't everything, I wouldn't dwell on it too much. But her voice is important.

1 hour ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i cant deal with her whos that girl vocals lol ..she did have better breath work then though when singing - she really struggles with that now but nobody will tell her to get vocal training ..i bet even guy wont its pathetic - i still have not forgave guy for letting her go out on eurovision singing live knowing how off she sounded in rehearsal ..he should have told her  ..lipsync for your life lol - what bad management - she needs people who will tell her that she needs vocal training to keep her voice in good shape surely she has somebody around her who will tell her this - she knows she can sound like shit she said it during a interview once so i dont think she would be insulted 

Her vocals were were at their best technically between the DWT and the RIT.

But during the 80s she still was better than now.

I don't know if someone tells her she sings badly or if she is surrounded by yesmen. I'm sure she knows that and that when she's not on stage she sings better, maybe she's anxious.

Surely before Eurovision someone should have told her to lip-sync, she made a fool of herself. All over the world they talked about how badly she sang. And she even had the pitch corrector, but she was so wrong that the corrector fixed her voice with the wrong notes making the result even worse.

46 minutes ago, Loru said:

She's out of tune. This is a fact.
She is not interested in improving herself, rather she constantly uses a pitch corrector that doesn't work miracles anyway. I think sometimes she would do better to lip-sync.

This is objective, I am a singer and I study singing and I have to speak the truth. 

Singing is not a matter of concentration, when you sing well and with good technique it is done with naturalness and relaxation. She doesn't approach notes with lightness, she gets heavy and stiff when she does intervals of notes that are not too close together and she is almost always flat because how she thinks notes (unless she changes vocal register).

But despite that, I still love her. Despite the fact that I don't like her new swollen face and no longer with her own facial features, I don't care about it and despite her lack of vocal training I will continue to follow her anyway because I like her music and her way of performing. She could look like Jocelyn Wildenstein, I would say I don't like her change but I would still be here: aesthetics aren't everything, I wouldn't dwell on it too much. But her voice is important.

Her vocals were were at their best technically between the DWT and the RIT.

But during the 80s she still was better than now.

I don't know if someone tells her she sings badly or if she is surrounded by yesmen. I'm sure she knows that and that when she's not on stage she sings better, maybe she's anxious.

Surely before Eurovision someone should have told her to lip-sync, she made a fool of herself. All over the world they talked about how badly she sang. And she even had the pitch corrector, but she was so wrong that the corrector fixed her voice with the wrong notes making the result even worse.

she sounds good when in a small room like when she does her little instagram videos of her singing then give her a mic and she falls flat ..i dont know if its nerves or her movements but she can sing still when she is relaxed ..i always feel she is full of adrenaline lately too much of the stuff and this is what causes her to seem breathless during interviews etc ..its like she gets that rush when she is about to do something she considers naughty lol the stairs during eurovision were a bad idea as she had to concentrate on not falling down them ..she is not a naturally gifted singer so she needs to concentrate - i still love her voice though even if she cant hit high notes etc etc ..something distinctive about it 

23 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

she sounds good when in a small room like when she does her little instagram videos of her singing then give her a mic and she falls flat ..i dont know if its nerves or her movements but she can sing still when she is relaxed ..i always feel she is full of adrenaline lately too much of the stuff and this is what causes her to seem breathless during interviews etc ..its like she gets that rush when she is about to do something she considers naughty lol the stairs during eurovision were a bad idea as she had to concentrate on not falling down them ..she is not a naturally gifted singer so she needs to concentrate - i still love her voice though even if she cant hit high notes etc etc ..something distinctive about it 

She sounded great during the Madame X tour (of course it was autotuned heavily except a couple of songs), but she also sounded great at the MET gala performance. I think she can still do it, but I agree I'd like to see her take regular vocal lessons. She should even be doing stuff like singing during her workouts so she learns how to move and sing at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, adirondak said:

She sounded great during the Madame X tour (of course it was autotuned heavily except a couple of songs), but she also sounded great at the MET gala performance. I think she can still do it, but I agree I'd like to see her take regular vocal lessons. She should even be doing stuff like singing during her workouts so she learns how to move and sing at the same time. 

tbh shes always been very hit and miss live but i feel now she uses that auto tune thing on her voice when live you can even hear it during this performance she will look after her voice less and less because she will depend on this 

55 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

She would actually have good vocal range as well, but stays in an easy range. Despite this she easily gets into trouble.
It is true that when she sings at home, she seems to sing better (even Dark Ballet was better in rehearsals, she was able to hit notes very lightly). 
The microphone can have an impact, without a doubt. With the microphone you have more difficulty in managing volumes, you tend to put less power or sing too loud, you have to get used to it.
But I imagine that after a 40-year career, she has gotten used to it.

Her problem is that she should relax more.
She thinks too much about the notes, takes them all from the bottom and they come out easily flat.
She used to sing more lightly (I'm thinking of the American Life Promo Tour), she didn't think about the notes and kept the same setting between low and high notes.
It's possible that she's anxious, also possible that the stairs aren't helping her (but they only partially affect her).
By now she relies too much on autotune and sings with the wrong intentions, not setting herself up the right way.

35 minutes ago, adirondak said:

The MET Gala performance we see on Youtube is heavily autotuned. I guess it wasn't atutotuned there, but the one we see is completely different from the real thing.

Agree on what you guys said. I hope she starts vocal training again. Her taking those beautiful notes during Dark Ballet really surprised me and gave me hope she'll get used to vocal training again. Is that so difficult to do? I mean, what would be the reason for her not to train her voice anymore? And what about the people around her not suggesting her to to so? :confused:

9 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Agree on what you guys said. I hope she starts vocal training again. Her taking those beautiful notes during Dark Ballet really surprised me and gave me hope she'll get used to vocal training again. Is that so difficult to do? I mean, what would be the reason for her not to train her voice anymore? And what about the people around her not suggesting her to to so? :confused:

her relying on new technology would be a reason for her to not take vocal lessons - i was watching the prince tribute and she really tried her best singing on that and it shows , obviously people will say she sounded bad but i think she sounded great - stevie wonder sounded awful but he got a free pass - i think she only takes lessons maybe before a tour or album recording when she really should be doing it more when she is not recording a album or touring - she has a recording studio in her home and i bet any money its more for her boyfriend than her i bet she has not recorded a single song in the studio lol 

7 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I remember having to look up the word "zaftig" years ago because she used it to describe her earlier figure. 

I learned that word when I was young and visiting the USA.

That word is on the sides of all the chairs in airports there - and I remember asking someone what it meant and they said it meant, "fat" .. and so I thought those were the fat people chairs. I was a kid. And of course that's not the exact word they use on the sides of airport chairs, but close.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:46 AM, hankypanky2021 said:

Her belly does not look like that in this outfit and this was not long ago ..maybe she is on steroids for her hip operation but still its nothing to make fun of like you are doing  "trying to hide her protruding belly " 

41992702-9491617-image-m-60_1618927467589.jpg

Mara Venier Domenica In Style!

6 hours ago, MartinX said:

I looked this performance but for me I thought it would’ve been better in a small room just sat with a small team and singing. That’s a living room session to me. Just simple singing. I’m not a huge fan of these late night surprise performances. 

yeah i think so too but madonna is going to madonna ....

37 minutes ago, Autotuneheart said:

i dont think these kind of appearances translate well when being filmed by a phone lol - i hope this is the end of the small club gigs - its great for those who are there though i don't know i get karaoke feels because its in a club - its good for the fans who were actually there though - shes out of tune on the occasion because she is totally out of breath due to jumping about and who told her to sing crazy ..prob the most vocally demanding song on the album 

22 hours ago, Loru said:

She would actually have good vocal range as well, but stays in an easy range. Despite this she easily gets into trouble.
It is true that when she sings at home, she seems to sing better (even Dark Ballet was better in rehearsals, she was able to hit notes very lightly). 
The microphone can have an impact, without a doubt. With the microphone you have more difficulty in managing volumes, you tend to put less power or sing too loud, you have to get used to it.
But I imagine that after a 40-year career, she has gotten used to it.

Her problem is that she should relax more.
She thinks too much about the notes, takes them all from the bottom and they come out easily flat.
She used to sing more lightly (I'm thinking of the American Life Promo Tour), she didn't think about the notes and kept the same setting between low and high notes.
It's possible that she's anxious, also possible that the stairs aren't helping her (but they only partially affect her).
By now she relies too much on autotune and sings with the wrong intentions, not setting herself up the right way.

The MET Gala performance we see on Youtube is heavily autotuned. I guess it wasn't atutotuned there, but the one we see is completely different from the real thing.

I've seen the audience clips as well, and still thought they were great. Only Dark Ballet had autotune. 

i love her to death but some of them notes are terrible :( like the worst i have ever heard her - what the hell happened to her voice after rebel heart and portugal being a soccer mum - i worry that autotune on her voice is going to be a permanent fixture on tour and on her records now :( is she just unfit ?? is it because she is getting out of breath easy it seems so , lack of training ? to be fair crazy would not be a easy song to sing but she has support on her voice during it and still sounds bad :( makes me sad ..surely one of her band tells her  that she is not sounding so good but i guess she knows this and this is why she now uses that autotune on her voice even live so i wonder what changed :( has she developed asthma or something - what happened to her voice after rebel heart ..can you imagine she performed like that live on tv not to mention she almost breaks her neck falling performing it , ill stick to the madame x tour version of crazy 

4 hours ago, adirondak said:

I've seen the audience clips as well, and still thought they were great. Only Dark Ballet had autotune. 

yes ive seen recordings of the performance at met gala and it was good - nothing like what we see now on this performance :(  she needs to do some musical numbers with monte again i think he helped her sing better during American life promo - she needs people to tell her NO too ..ffs ..way too many yes men and women around her perhaps get rid of guy oseary too because what kind of manager allows his artist to go on stage live at Eurovision sounding off when he had heard rehearsal which she sounds even worse in - i will never forgive him for that - this all said i do think crazy was a number she lip synced on tour fully so it was nice to see her try and sing it live well

She just posted that she is going to release the full performance soon - hmm they best get to work fixing some of them bad notes or cut crazy completely  :) i swear to god she must be aware when she has a team that will fix her vocal flaws like what they did on eurovision upload ..she must be aware that she sounds off 

3 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i love her to death but some of them notes are terrible :( like the worst i have ever heard her - what the hell happened to her voice after rebel heart and portugal being a soccer mum - i worry that autotune on her voice is going to be a permanent fixture on tour and on her records now :( is she just unfit ?? is it because she is getting out of breath easy it seems so , lack of training ? to be fair crazy would not be a easy song to sing but she has support on her voice during it and still sounds bad :( makes me sad ..surely one of her band tells her  that she is not sounding so good but i guess she knows this and this is why she now uses that autotune on her voice even live so i wonder what changed :( has she developed asthma or something - what happened to her voice after rebel heart ..can you imagine she performed like that live on tv not to mention she almost breaks her neck falling performing it , ill stick to the madame x tour version of crazy 

Will you fucking leave her alone????? (Not just this post read all your ones before - others please do too) Youve done nothing but bitch about a woman you dont know, or her circumstances non stop now for waay too much over thinking. Go and do something else, do your eyebrows or something. 

Re read all your last posts. Youve been a total bitch. Are you OK? There are huge problems in the world. 

Ban me, report me, im sick of some of these twats.  This place needs to lighten up. hankypanky2021 i dont know who you are or give a shit if you throw in a couple of nice words to throw people off youre not being a later Madonna fan. If you dont like her now, GO AWAY! You even seemed to hate half of her before. Why are you here????????????????? Are you another hater under a different name? There seems to be a few that have negative lives and just come on here to bitch. 

There needs to be a flush here and you can flush me, im only trying to help and share love and fandom. She doesnt have to be perfect for me. Im glad shes alive and enlightened my life for almost all of it. Im gonna stick up for her. Yes she can make mistakes but jesus christ some on here need to go. 

Maybe I do. Love to all the other nice fans, you know who you are. *heart*

• Enrico unfeatured this topic