Madonna and Ricky Martin Were Going to Shoot a Video for This Song But They Never Did

Brendanlovesu1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:42 PM, deathproof said:

There's an anecdote out there from an interview that I can't seem to locate, where Madonna discussed how she could only work with a specific vocal engineer for this song, as he was the only one who could capture the warmth and emotion in her voice, etc....

It's clear that she never re-recorded her voice. It's just slowed down.

The stems for the original song are our there circulating among collectors.

You can hear Madonna's original vocals in the original pitch in this leaked fanmade creation using the vocals + orchestra:

It's clear that she never re-recorded her voice. It's just slowed down - can you be more precise? 

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Huh?

On the 1st page you posted this and was curious to know more what you meant.  

There's an anecdote out there from an interview that I can't seem to locate, where Madonna discussed how she could only work with a specific vocal engineer for this song, as he was the only one who could capture the warmth and emotion in her voice, etc....

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

On the 1st page you posted this and was curious to know more what you meant.  

Compare the leaked vocal to the vocal on the album. It’s slowed/pitched down.

On 10/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, MPowered said:

True but I would have preferred them to be saved for GHV2.

She didn't do a proper tour for Ray of Light because of The Next Best Thing. That was a huge mistake, as much as I love DWT.

Wasnt it that we didnt get Chicago because of the Next worst thing? (Not that im a fan of Chicago but it was a smash). 

Technically, they never recorded a duet. Madonna did this song with Leonard and later with Orbit for ROL and didn’t release it. It was then given to Martim, he recorded his vocals and lowered the pitch of the original song to make it fit his range. That’s why Madonna sound rather odd on it. They’ve never been in the studio together and she obviously didn’t care enough to come in and re-record her vocals.