Live album on streaming Friday

Spanky1995

This live album (or whatever this is) is an abysmal catastrophe. What a lacklustre serving of absolute nonsense. They could have tried to issue a real live album featuring all the songs to commemorate the show as it was since absolutely no-one except for the fans care about an audio-only release. Instead we get a total mess of butchered transitions, random fade-outs, muffled audience sounds and speech recordings that sound like they've been recorded from inside the phone pouches.

This load of crap isn't worth a single penny. In fact, it's actually kind of offensive to even consider releasing this to the public. I get that she wanted to reframe the concert film as some kind of statement piece, but it seems like all she's achieved is to erase any hint that this used to be a continuous live performance. I am extremely disappointed because the mixing of the songs themselves is great but everything else just sucks so bad.

Aggghhhhh, my goodness I still cannot hear it. How is everyone listening??? The youtube videos cut out after about 20 seconds. I tick over to midnight in my timezone soon, so hoping to hear on Spotify. Geez, this is really like waiting for Madame X, she doesn't come out until after midnight!

52 minutes ago, acolyte said:

This live album (or whatever this is) is an abysmal catastrophe. What a lacklustre serving of absolute nonsense. They could have tried to issue a real live album featuring all the songs to commemorate the show as it was since absolutely no-one except for the fans care about an audio-only release. Instead we get a total mess of butchered transitions, random fade-outs, muffled audience sounds and speech recordings that sound like they've been recorded from inside the phone pouches.

This load of crap isn't worth a single penny. In fact, it's actually kind of offensive to even consider releasing this to the public. I get that she wanted to reframe the concert film as some kind of statement piece, but it seems like all she's achieved is to erase any hint that this used to be a continuous live performance. I am extremely disappointed because the mixing of the songs themselves is great but everything else just sucks so bad.

Lol offensive ?

it's great to listen to the tour again after more than two years :)

i love "human nature"... i clearly remember being amazed by the bassline at the theater and it's great to hear the background singers so clearly in this release!

two differences come to me, at least from the two parisian shows i went to : i feel like "vogue" was performed in a lower pitch than this released version, they seem to have raised it for film/cd and i'm sure the guitar riff was present on the "like a prayer" intro, it's cut in this release.

anyone else noticed these or other differences?

16 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol offensive ?

I've heard bootlegs with better editing than this. A commercial release like that is indeed quite offensive to my ears. Just to clarify: I love how the songs sound on their own, it's just the continuity of the live album as a whole that has me extremely disappointed. It's like a YouTube playlist on random shuffle.

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, migsou said:

it's great to listen to the tour again after more than two years :)

i love "human nature"... i clearly remember being amazed by the bassline at the theater and it's great to hear the background singers so clearly in this release!

two differences come to me, at least from the two parisian shows i went to : i feel like "vogue" was performed in a lower pitch than this released version, they seem to have raised it for film/cd and i'm sure the guitar riff was present on the "like a prayer" intro, it's cut in this release.

anyone else noticed these or other differences?

I feel like the guitar in "Frozen" is a lot more prominent than it was at the Paris shows I've seen. And I think you're definitely right about "Vogue" – the pitch is significantly different.

Why did they do God Control so dirty with the audio cuts. And the faint instrumental guitar at the end that definitely wasn't there live.

The rest of the tracks sound quite close to the live experience but vogue sounds a little off - I was half expecting the audio from the superbowl to come in... 

11 minutes ago, acolyte said:

I've heard bootlegs with better editing than this. A commercial release like that is indeed quite offensive to my ears. Just to clarify: I love how the songs sound on their own, it's just the continuity of the live album as a whole that has me extremely disappointed. It's like a YouTube playlist on random shuffle.

I haven’t heard the audio version yet so I can’t comment. But who cares about continuity if the actual songs sound good?

7 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I haven’t heard the audio version yet so I can’t comment. But who cares about continuity if the actual songs sound good?

I care because continuity is particularly important in a live album to me. It's just so weird that they'd go through the trouble of actually mixing the whole thing to near perfection and then sequence the songs in such a clunky way. Some very hopeful part of me still hopes this is an accidentally uploaded defunct version given the "Fado Club"/"Extreme Occident"/"Rescue Me"/"Medellín"/"Frozen" confusion.

31 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I'm listening to it (at work, with 3.000 calls every minute etc), but I think it sounds great. Definetly more live feeling than MDNA and Rebel Heart. 

About the autotune: DWT had a lot, even RIT and we are still loving them. What's the problem now? 

and the autotune was clearly present when i saw the concert

I thought the live album was lovely... and I am still not done listening to it.

The mixing is clean and well-done, her auto-tune is not as crazy as I thought it would be and so far, it is better than the horrid MDNA Tour live album and the disappointing RHT live album. The crowd noises are natural sounding though there are times wherein it sounds like someone recorded her speech through a phone but maybe the film will explain that to me.

Solid, solid work. IGTTYAS and Confessions Tour has made a new friend.