Live album on streaming Friday

Spanky1995

So they removed Emma Gonzalez from I Rise (except for an echo of the final BS). It's better this way, it was so badly incorporated.

Too much autotune for my taste. If it sounded like this live i'm glad she cancelled on me. The bootlegs i got had less prominent autotune but it must be from not being a soundboard source. In my opinion, for my taste, she ruined the whole Madame X experience on the album and on tour with that fucking autotune. But some  like it and it's how she wants it to be so be it. I just don't enjoy it at all myself. I just wish to hear her voice again one day.

53 minutes ago, scion said:

She didn't use any auto tune on DWT, she used a vocoder for Nobody's Perfect. That's all.

For RIT, same as above.

She's only used autotune on MXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that's correct. I remember Mirwais in an interview or somewhere saying they were the first to use auto tune live in a concert -  plus it isn't a vocoder it's auto tune for Nobody's Perfect- same with RIT NNM and DAD are all auto tune (although debate whether it was lip synced or sung live is still happening to this day).

Wow, just wow. I am speechless. Have just finished my first listen (only got up to Fado club after midnight, had to finish in the morning) and am starting on my second listen. Here are my thoughts that I jotted down as I listened.

- Not sure on the intro track, I really hope we get the proper typewriter intro in the video, but looking forward to how this incorporated into the whole show

- What is the dip in the middle of God Control? Does it go silent? Curious to see what this means in the video.

- Human Nature - love it! Wasn’t a big fan of this song until MX, but love the jazzy beat to this one and the trumpet, plus the EY singalong with her girls is such a nice memory. The trumpet seems a lot more prominent in this version that what I remember (from almost 2 years ago...)

- Vogue sounds great, but shorter and a bit more polished than i remember it

- American life, sounds great, less angry though

- Batuka, voices sound more prominent, love hearing the Batukaderias

- What is going on with the order of the songs, why doesn’t fado club go straight into Medellin??? Seriously Madonna and team, this order is completely jarring and makes no sense at all

- Frozen, my god, love the instruments, so clear!

- Come live, a bit flat versus what I remember by I still love it

- @Shoful will be happy to hear this, I LOVE future, have honestly never been a huge fan of this song, and felt it dropped down the mood a bit during the show, but now, after listing to this, I am in LOVE!!  Might even be my favourite song on the album, need to listen a few more times. 

- LAP, great, less power that what I remember, but by this time i the concert I was dancing, and delirious with excitement and exhaustion

- Ok we hear the typewriter before I Rise? I don't remember that, but whatever...

Overall I give it a verdict 9.5/10, and it only looses 0.5 because of song order and there is always room for improvement.

i honestly cant really tell all this autotune (in general, not just now), Madonna sounds great, I am sure the recording is enhanced, but I saw the show 3 times live and her voice was fantastic, much better than i ever heard her. The sound does sound a bit 'thinner, less rich' to me, that what i recall in the live show, but in the live show you had the bass, the crowd noise, the excitement. 

My goodness we need a Deluxe Edition of this on Vinyl, with artwork, books etc. Come on Madonna - take my money!!!!

I don't think that's correct. I remember Mirwais in an interview or somewhere saying they were the first to use auto tune live in a concert -  plus it isn't a vocoder it's auto tune for Nobody's Perfect- same with RIT NNM and DAD are all auto tune (although debate whether it was lip synced or sung live is still happening to this day).

Undoubtably lipped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t hear the auto tune?
It’s all I can hear and I do not remember it sounded this enhanced live. It’s on every song and dialled up. 
Such a shame. I remember her voice sounding rich and warm and full. 
Crazy sounds horrendous in particular. Frozen and Like A Prayer see the only two that remain borderline unscathed. 
Did we really need auto tune on fado club and her speaking voice. It’s infuriating. Totally ruined. It’s not an artistic choice it’s a cop out. Can’t believe nobody on her team told her how exhausting this is as a listen. Yes men everywhere. 
I don’t think I’ll ever listen to this again. 

Liking it so far. Was looking forward to Sodade so I was a little peeved it was left off. Hopefully it's a bonus track on a :pray: Japanese CD :pray:

Pleasantly surprised they included the acapella Express Yourself. I saw this twice here in Los Angeles and it's bringing back great memories. Can't wait for the Paramount+ premiere.

14 hours ago, acolyte said:

This live album (or whatever this is) is an abysmal catastrophe. What a lacklustre serving of absolute nonsense. They could have tried to issue a real live album featuring all the songs to commemorate the show as it was since absolutely no-one except for the fans care about an audio-only release. Instead we get a total mess of butchered transitions, random fade-outs, muffled audience sounds and speech recordings that sound like they've been recorded from inside the phone pouches.

This load of crap isn't worth a single penny. In fact, it's actually kind of offensive to even consider releasing this to the public. I get that she wanted to reframe the concert film as some kind of statement piece, but it seems like all she's achieved is to erase any hint that this used to be a continuous live performance. I am extremely disappointed because the mixing of the songs themselves is great but everything else just sucks so bad.

I am listening it, damn i am so sad... i feel heartbroken just to listen it, it's the first time i don't like a thing Madonna releases. fck. i HATE IT omg i am sad :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( It sounds SO BAD, i thougth it was gonna be bomb cause the guy who mixed this was posting marijuana pics, but no, it sounds so bad, aw wtf how HOOOWWW, how did Madonna ended up releasing that? those audios from iWatch'es sound way better, i tried changing the sound with an EQ and nothing helps, i am listening on TIDAL in MASTER Quality, it sounds so mp3, plus i just hear those guys screamings, it's so annoying, i don't give a fck who attended, i wanna hear the damn console audio, smooth like the studio album, she even puts that shhhhhitty reverb/echo effect which sounds so bad like if i was in the bathroom at the movie teather. GOD, just look that cringey cover photo, she looks inhumane, that enormous face, i FEEL BETRAYED SORRY NOT SORRY :(((((((((( it makes no sense, as a teather live show this should sound even better than the stadium live albums, this is horrible my god, if somebody agrees with this live album seriously needs to be send to a psychiatric. plus if you agree with this, you agree with Madonna becoming miserable through each new release. I CAN'T, THIS IS A MESS, she is not a queen of pop on this, she sings horribly even with all those effects :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even on drugs could i enjoy this. I've been feeling lately that everything i once supported or loved so much with my soul is just breaking in pieces like a glass... i am really sad for real i see tears coming, i love Madonna so much i can't believe this

13 hours ago, karlafalves said:

So, from the setlist from Wikipedia, the live album is missing Express Yourself, Papa Don't Preach and Crave (assuming Breathwork is Rescue Me).

As I didn't have the opportunity to attend the shows (and I preferred to wait for the live album to listen to them), can anyone tell me if the live version for any of these songs was too different from the respective original version, please?

The Express yourself acapella is there in the monologue after Human Nature. Breathwork is Rescue Me. Crave, Papa Don't Preach and the coffin/María interlude are missing.

7 hours ago, xrhaul said:

Thank God.. now they only need to remove the glitch at the beginning of Frozen (if that's possible) :pray:

I'm not hearing the Frozen glitch, but the beginning of Extreme Occident is awful. They should have just faded in with audience applause instead of whatever she's saying about her journey. And there's  part where she's talking and the source/volume changes multiple times that should have been ADR'd and fixed to sound consistent. 

I still liked 90% of it but some of the issues are real rookie mistakes.

Papa Don't Preach wasn't performed in Lisbon, that's why it wasn't included in the live album. 

Plus the set list on Wiki states ''The following set list was obtained from the concert held on September 17, 2019, in New York City (Opening Night) It does not represent all concerts for the duration of the tour.

Incredible - So nice to hear it all again.  The critics on here are harsh.  If you would have told me 20 years ago that when I am 40 I would be awaiting a new Madonna album and tour film, I would never have imagined the creative output she still has.  We are so lucky she keeps going and has a desire and creative drive far beyond what is expected or required.  I remember being overcome wirth emotion during this show when she performed Frozen and Come Alive.  Grateful to her for continuing to fight and move forward and grateful for the experiences, concepts, things and people she has introduced me to. I was proud to still be sitting in that room.  She broadened my mind imeasurably and her message is still there, loud and clear.  It makes me sad to see how narrow minded her critics/fans are.  

1 hour ago, Jamesroeni said:

Incredible - So nice to hear it all again.  The critics on here are harsh.  If you would have told me 20 years ago that when I am 40 I would be awaiting a new Madonna album and tour film, I would never have imagined the creative output she still has.  We are so lucky she keeps going and has a desire and creative drive far beyond what is expected or required.  I remember being overcome wirth emotion during this show when she performed Frozen and Come Alive.  Grateful to her for continuing to fight and move forward and grateful for the experiences, concepts, things and people she has introduced me to. I was proud to still be sitting in that room.  She broadened my mind imeasurably and her message is still there, loud and clear.  It makes me sad to see how narrow minded her critics/fans are.  

Agree but there’s no excuse for poor quality. The show live, whilst not my favourite, is not represented by whatever this is. The heart has been stripped out. 
Madame aleXa

According to MadonnaUnderground

There are currently no plans for Warner Records to release a physical edition of MADAME X Music From The Theater Xperience, which is now available digitally.

Fingers crossed that those plans might change in the near future. After all Dua Lipa’s Club Future Nostalgia wasn’t planned for a physical release either, and that did happen eventually.

2 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

According to MadonnaUnderground

There are currently no plans for Warner Records to release a physical edition of MADAME X Music From The Theater Xperience, which is now available digitally.

Fingers crossed that those plans might change in the near future. After all Dua Lipa’s Club Future Nostalgia wasn’t planned for a physical release either, and that did happen eventually.

But why? I'll never get my head round these things when it comes to Madonna. Doesn't she want to milk her fans?? Just imagine if Warner did a X2LPs with alternative covers, different coloured disc etc......fans would go crazy for that!