Opinion - Madame X (Complete)

Shoful

I posted this in another thread but was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts about how this album could've been a fully realized "story"/ concept.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will never understand how the Manifesto wasn’t an interlude on the album. This is what I imagine as a “complete” Madame X:

1. Intro (One from Medellín Video)

2. Medellín 

3. Dark Ballet (Extended)

4. God Control

5. Future (Tour Version, Obviously)

6. Cabo Verde - Interlude

7. Batuka (Extended)

8. Killers Who Are Partying

9. Dangerous Cravings - Interlude

10. Crave

11. Crazy

12. Come Alive (Extended)

13. Extreme Occident (Extended)

14. Faz Gostoso

15. Sodade

16. Madame X Manifesto - Interlude

17. I Don’t Search I Find

18. Looking For Mercy

19. Ciao Bella

20. I Rise (Extended)

21. Outro (Maybe a James Baldwin Quote that she recites?)

Then tack on the last 3 tracks if she wants

(Anyone wanna be commissioned to make this for me) :Madonna009:

I had some thoughts as well...

My final tracklisting?

1. God Control (imagine the album opening up with that intro)
2. Dark Ballet (a piano would connect God Control with Dark Ballet. it would be a gapless transition between these 2 songs. the lyrics with the distorted vocals would change to the way Madonna performed that part yesterday night. she would sound like a Disney villain if that would follow with the "they are so naive" part. goosebumps just imagining it)
3. Future (like the live version and it would be the last track that included the piano so much during the record. 2nd verse included. less vocal effects just so you can understand the lyrics better. that 2nd verse deserves it)
4. Batuka (after Future, you hear "the storm ahead"...and the intro from the tour starts. shorter but it's there. more similar to the tour as well. that extra punch works so well)
5. Killers (the album version here would be better IMO. the storm from batuka fades away and we get more introspective)
6. I Rise (keep the speech to start the song. After Killers it would work tremendously well and it would be a great way to go from one to the other song)
7. She takes the damn pill and goes to Medellin, running away from all the madness that came before it, falls in love.
8. Crave
9. Crazy
10. Come Alive
11. Extreme Occident 
12. I Don't Seach I Find (makes so much sense to come right after Extreme Occident and Faz Gostoso and Bitch I'm Loca drag the album's concept down, they are out of my album)
13. Ciao Bella

13 tracks, her lucky number, plenty of tracks with a gapless transition between them, and it would be much more effective when we consider her vision for this era. Starts darker, gets lighter, ends with a bittersweet feeling.

No, i didn't forget Looking For Mercy. That song is good during the verses, but it's missing a much better chorus. "Looking for, looking for mercy" is fun but after 3 minutes you're done with it. There's a great song in there but not like that. It's also missing a bridge. 

Your version is also good btw. I guess we can always find different interpretations for this record. I decided to share mine as well, lmao.

My Madame X is only 10 tracks = stories. I like short playlists. One album ... 10 stories ... perfect concept.

A1 Faz Gostoso (2xLP promo)

A2 Future

A3 Ciao Bella

B1 Batuka

B2 Come Alive

C1 Bitch I'm Loca

C2 Dark Ballet

C3 Killers Who are Partying

D1 Crazy

D2 Medellín

----------------------------

11 Crave (cd bonus)

12 God Control (bonus ep)

13 I Don't Search I Find

14 Looking for Mercy

15 I Rise

16 Extreme Occident

17 Funana

18 Back That Up to the Beat (digital bonus)

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

I posted this in another thread but was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts about how this album could've been a fully realized "story"/ concept.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will never understand how the Manifesto wasn’t an interlude on the album. This is what I imagine as a “complete” Madame X:

1. Intro (One from Medellín Video)

2. Medellín 

3. Dark Ballet (Extended)

4. God Control

5. Future (Tour Version, Obviously)

6. Cabo Verde - Interlude

7. Batuka (Extended)

8. Killers Who Are Partying

9. Dangerous Cravings - Interlude

10. Crave

11. Crazy

12. Come Alive (Extended)

13. Extreme Occident (Extended)

14. Faz Gostoso

15. Sodade

16. Madame X Manifesto - Interlude

17. I Don’t Search I Find

18. Looking For Mercy

19. Ciao Bella

20. I Rise (Extended)

21. Outro (Maybe a James Baldwin Quote that she recites?)

Then tack on the last 3 tracks if she wants

(Anyone wanna be commissioned to make this for me) :Madonna009:

same girl. Madame X is a fucking experience and  with this little tweaks (and cuts) the journey feels complete