Rank Madonna's concert films

Madonna is one of the few artists whose every tour has been professionally recorded and released in some capacity.

58d1ed61ba19b670a2b0863d44e14f2d.jpg

Her latest critically-acclaimed show, Madame X is now available for streaming on Paramount+ and Prime Video - so, how would you rank the 11 concert films by the Queen Of Pop? What's your favorite tour documentary?

The major releases:

Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour (1985)

Ciao Italia: Live From Italy (1988)

Truth Or Dare / In Bed With Madonna (1991)

The Girlie Show: Live Down Under (1993)

Drowned World Tour (2001)

I'm Going To Tell You A Secret (2006)

The Confessions Tour (2007)

Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010)

MDNA World Tour (2013)

Rebel Heart Tour (2017)

Madame X (2021)

This is SOOOOO hard for me seeing as I have been a fan since 1989 & have seen a few of these live I haven't ever even attempted to sort into faves but here goes (if I HAD to LOL!) 

1. Confessions Tour 

2. Re-Invention Tour 

3 Drowned World Tour 

4. The Virgin Tour

5. Blond Ambition Tour

6. Who's That Girl Tour

7. Rebel Heart Tour

8. MDNA Tour

9. Sticky & Sweet Tour

10. Madame X Tour

11. The Girlie Show

There! Phew that was harder than I thought!! Now don't attack me for my personal choices I think all of our lists would be drastically different no matter what just because of times we became fans, what we saw live etc... These do tend to move around some but for the most part this is my favorite order. I think the Girle Show being last will prob get the most flack but I can't help it I'm sorry I never really liked that tour or alot of the things about it (look, setlist, song arrangements etc..) but I could go in to detail for each 1 why I like it more or less but that's a whole separate convo LOL & would need to involve cocktails or something too! I love all of the tours of course but this is my preferred list. Can't wait to see what more people choose! And come on people who are only doing 3-4 that's not fair at all!!! If I can list them all so can you! 

1.Truth Or Dare / In Bed With Madonna (1991)

2.The Girlie Show: Live Down Under (1993)

3.Drowned World Tour (2001)

4.The Confessions Tour (2007)

5.MDNA World Tour (2013)

6.Ciao Italia: Live From Italy (1988)

7.Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour (1985)

8.I'm Going To Tell You A Secret (2006)

9.Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010)

10.Rebel Heart Tour (2017)

11.Madame X (2021) : This is the first Madonna tour film which I constantly did skip the scenes the middle of watching. It was painful to watch... 

1st: The Confessions Tour (2007)

2nd: The Girlie Show: Live Down Under (1993)

3rd: Drowned World Tour (2001)

4th: Ciao Italia: Live From Italy (1988)

5th: Truth Or Dare / In Bed With Madonna (1991)

6th: Drowned World Tour (2001)

7th: Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour (1985)

8th: I'm Going To Tell You A Secret (2006)

9th: Madame X (2021)

10th: Rebel Heart Tour (2017)

11th: Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010) 

12th: MDNA World Tour (2013)

S&S, MDNA and RH all suck editing wise but RH won out on 10th purely because of the setlist (I'm a sucker for a Madonna tour padded with the back catalogue). MDNA is dead last b/c I didn't like the editing, I didn't like the setlist, I didn't like MDNA. S&S had its moments. The live versions of the HC songs are the only way I can listen to them and not think they are demos. 

3 hours ago, the queen said:

5.MDNA World Tour (2013)

11.Madame X (2021) : This is the first Madonna tour film which I constantly did skip the scenes the middle of watching. It was painful to watch... 

Wow - I thought it was quite a step up from the last 2-3 released tours (although not as good as her top tours). 

1. Drovwned World Tour (my fav)

2. Confessions Tour

3. I'm Going to Tell you a Secret (but I'm gutted we didn't get the full show)

4. Truth or Dare

5. The Virgin Tour

6. Madame X

7. The Girlie Show

8. Ciao Italia

9. MDNA tour

10. Sticky and Sweet (love the filming, but the whole show sounds like it was re-recorded in the studio)

11. Rebel Heart Tour (love this tour, but what was released was just not representative - I prefer the Youtube videos)

1. The Confessions Tour - perfection

2. Sticky and sweet tour

3. Drowned world tour

4. Girlie Show

5. BAT (she had a lot more energy at the Paris show, the Niece vocals were not good) 

6. The Virgin Tour (why not the full thing?)

7. Madame X

8. Who's that girl

9. Rebel heart

10. MDNA

11. I'm going to tell you a secret (spoiler: no one cared about her secret, we wanted the full show) 

4 hours ago, adirondak said:

Wow - I thought it was quite a step up from the last 2-3 released tours (although not as good as her top tours). 

Really? Well, for me it's painful to watch. Madonna's puffy face and her creaking dull movements. It just sad to watch her struggling.

And Madonna is absolutely right. Madame X tour is a show where cameras should never be allowed.

That means including Professional camera too!!

If you saw this show in person, the intimacy given by a small space can make you fantasize. However, from the moment this show is filmed with a camera(even film with professional camera and heavy editing), the fantasy disappears and only the harsh reality remains. Small and crude stage equipment that doesn't suit the queen of pop... Flamboyant editing could not hide its crudeness. 

And her dull body movements were too painful and sad to watch.

Edited by the queen (see edit history)

1.I’m Going To Tell You A Secret (2006)

2.Drowned World Tour(2001)

3.True Or Dare/Bed with Madonna(1991)

3. MDNA World Tour (2013)

4.Madame X(2021)

5.Rebel Heart Tour(2017)

5.Sticky and Sweet Tour(2010)

6.The Confession Tour(2007)

7.Ciao Italia: From Italy (1988)

8.Madonna Live- The Virgin Tour(1985)

16 hours ago, the queen said:

5.MDNA World Tour (2013)

i cant take you seriously when using that picture , i feel you have a different motive here but its ok keep it up lol 

6 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i cant take you seriously when using that picture , i feel you have a different motive here but its ok keep it up lol 

8 hours ago, the queen said:

Really? Well, for me it's painful to watch. Madonna's puffy face and her creaking dull movements. It just sad to watch her struggling.

And Madonna is absolutely right. Madame X tour is a show where cameras should never be allowed.

If you saw this show in person, the intimacy given by a small space can make you fantasize. However, from the moment this show is filmed with a camera(even film with professional camera and heavy editing), the fantasy disappears and only the harsh reality remains. Small and crude stage equipment that doesn't suit the queen of pop... Flamboyant editing could not hide its crudeness. 

dull body movements , oh you mean because she was suffering in pain ? nice ..you know what is dull - YOU , your past comments and the unflattering picture that haters are using on her social media pages ...that is dull - did you really think by calling yourself "the queen " people would not figure out what you are ? 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

Just now, hankypanky2021 said:

dull body movements , oh you mean because she was suffering in pain ? nice ..you know what is dull - YOU 

8 hours ago, the queen said:

Your name speaks volumes and your past comments .hmmm ..its nice to see some of madonnas haters have found their way on to the forums ..i guess fan pages on social media like facebook and instagram is just not good enough for them :) if people doubt what im saying please check out this members other comments - in the meantime i will block 

9 hours ago, the queen said:

. Small and crude stage equipment that doesn't suit the queen of pop.

it must have almost killed you to say that ..but i guess it makes your post more convincing if you call her the queen of pop ..PATHETIC

What kind of fan uses that picture ..its clear why you use it and its just shallow and mean and your past comments go from being a extreme ass kisser of madonna to being a full on hater of hers i feel that the ass kissing is done in a way to make it seem you are generally a fan so your nasty comments about her hold more merit and are more convincing ..i see right through you i just hope others do ! perhaps spend your time doing something more positive instead of trying to bring madonna fans down with what you think is clever or crafty - prob a fanatic gaga fan or something or cyndi fan lol im leaving this forum if it allows people like you to spread hate and negativity about wait for it ill say it and i genuinely mean it THE QUEEN OF POP so bye for now :(

25 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

also whoever said the puffy face and creaking movements  comments obviously does not belong here ... IMO

they certainly dont - look at the history of the member ..its fishy ..they are here to disturb our peace lol - the pic they use too- the name they use , the way they say its not fit for the queen of pop ..it all feels not genuine almost sarcastic - trolling - a real madonna fan would not mock her movements because they would know she was injured and i think she did very well considering and i could tell sometimes she was being extra careful with her bad leg ..it wasnt painful to watch though ..she didnt need to film the concert 

Rebel Heart Tour (2017)

MDNA World Tour (2013)

Madame X (2021)

Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010)

1. The Girlie Show

2. Blond Ambition

3. Confessions Tour

4. The Virgin Tour

5. Who’s That Girl

6. Rebel Heart Tour

7. Madame X tour 

8. Drowned World Tour

9. Reinvention Tour

10. MDNA Tour

11. Sticky & Sweet Tour

Madonna’s tours are always about the set list and quality of reinventions for me. Thus the list is as it is. 

Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010

Rebel Heart Tour (2017))

MDNA World Tour (2013)

Madame X (2021)