Madonna - NFT Representation

Shoful

18 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Will she sell NFTs now?

Yes I was scouted few months ago to do NFTS for Guy Oseary.

They wanted a Madonna (blank) body that you could customize with hair, clothes , etc.

They pitch it to them with some of my Madonna illustrations and some rough sketches I did.

Guy didn't like it, he thought it was too comic and he wanted something like the Celebration art or similar geometric style. really dated generic graphic art from 2002. I told them I wouldn't change my style to suit it.

I'm surprised they are going for the apes style after telling me , mine was too comic...but hey.

Reminds me of this. IDK this shit makes no sense its a jpg but hey get your life!

https://www.nylon.com/life/britney-spears-madonnas-kiss-nft

The ever-growing NFT market isn’t just getting more bizarre every day — it’s also its own kind of dark digital time capsule, reminding us of major pop culture moments over the last two decades only when the people who helped capture these moments decide its time to cash in. Today, that moment is the iconic Britney Spears and Madonna onstage kiss at the 2003 VMAs. According to TMZ, Los Angeles rock photographer John Shearer is auctioning off his photo of the iconic kiss on the NFT marketplace, Cryptograph, where he’ll undoubtedly make a ton of money off things you can’t hold in your hand: a .jpeg file and 2000s nostalgia.

19 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Can anyone translate? Basically, is this something cool or just some marketing crap we'll never hear of again? Lol 

Non fungible tokens. If you ever play any games you are already familiar with them.

It's digital content that you can purchase. Until now, there was no way of owning digital content. But with the bitcoin and the chain-link, you can create a digital file, save it in a wallet and it becomes 'anchored' to the an original place. That means you can purchase something digital and you have the 'original' file. Even if it's shared around the link is always to the original wallet.

You can collect them all and carry them and there's a theme of creating collections, like the apes here. Or what Oseary wants to do with Madonna's . It's always the same image but it wears different clothes or looks.

Because it's all linked and marketed to bitcoin there's a lots of noise about it and lots of money invested on it

Still being  a waste of energy like the bitcoin and there's controversy on artist platforms about doing them considering how things are with the planet right now.

But overall is not about the artistry or art quality but more like a Silicon Valley fad to make money and keep being the cool kids .

3 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Non fungible tokens. If you ever play any games you are already familiar with them.

It's digital content that you can purchase. Until now, there was no way of owning digital content. But with the bitcoin and the chain-link, you can create a digital file, save it in a wallet and it becomes 'anchored' to the an original place. That means you can purchase something digital and you have the 'original' file. Even if it's shared around the link is always to the original wallet.

You can collect them all in carry them and there's a theme of creating collections, like the apes here. Or what Oseary wants to do with Madonna's . It's always the same image but it wears different clothes or looks.

Because it's all linked and marketed to bitcoin there's a lots of noise about it and lots of money invested on it

Still being  a waste of energy like the bitcoin and there's controversy on artist platforms about doing them considering how things are with the planet right now.

But overall is not about the artistry or art quality but more like a Silicon Valley fad to make money and keep being the cool kids .

Thank for the explanation! I still don't understand many things about this (like spending money on a single picture that you can find for free online, like, what the heck?) and how it will be used in her case too? Like, what is she going to do, sell a picture you can find already on google? Lol

Many artists are using it rn, I even heard people like the weeknd using it to sell unreleased tracks etc, but I doubt she will sell scrapped tracks, especially with the remasters coming, wonder what she will do? 

3 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Thank for the explanation! I still don't understand many things about this (like spending money on a single picture that you can find for free online, like, what the heck?) and how it will be used in her case too? Like, what is she going to do, sell a picture you can find already on google? Lol

Many artists are using it rn, I even heard people like the weeknd using it to sell unreleased tracks etc, but I doubt she will sell scrapped tracks, especially with the remasters coming, wonder what she will do? 

The difference is that you own the original digital file.

Like you can get a print of the Mona Lisa, or get a screencap online, but you don't own the original. And that's the value.

Until now the digital formats were consider less valuable because of this factor. But with a way to create a 'root ' or origin of a digital file on a the digital age, there's lots of interest and money involved.

Musicians, photographers, artist work on digital formats and there was no way to have an original file that can be share but always shows the ownership.

In Madonna's case it's gonna be one illustration of her that can have different add ons so you can customize it, like a paper doll.

Like these were some of the rough sketches I did for them based on the same body with different hair/hands etc

quicksquarenew_2021101216512786.thumb.jpg.c88319b21bc33793b55dbe4670ad98ba.jpg

35 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Like you can get a print of the Mona Lisa, or get a screencap online, but you don't own the original. And that's the value.

Until now the digital formats were consider less valuable because of this factor. But with a way to create a 'root ' or origin of a digital file on a the digital age, there's lots of interest and money involved.

Musicians, photographers, artist work on digital formats and there was no way to have an original file that can be share but always shows the ownership.

In Madonna's case it's gonna be one illustration of her that can have different add ons so you can customize it, like a paper doll.

Like these were some of the rough sketches I did for them based on the same body with different hair/hands etc

This is so cool

there's so much in this, I couldn't even imagine 

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

These look gorgeous! Shame to hear that this didn’t work out. You doing something official for Madonna sounded so exciting! I remember you hinting several months back about working on something for Madonna/Guy.

I know Justin Teodoro recently mentioned working on something for the Madonna team, curious if it was for this as well… 

20 minutes ago, deathproof said:

These look gorgeous! Shame to hear that this didn’t work out. You doing something official for Madonna sounded so exciting! I remember you hinting several months back about working on something for Madonna/Guy.

I know Justin Teodoro recently mentioned working on something for the Madonna team, curious if it was for this as well… 

Thank you. These were some of the samples we sent too, You can see more how the final will look like.

quicksquarenew_2021101218734949.jpg

7 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Wow your work is amazing!