Ongoing Conversation

RUADJAI

11 hours ago, Andreo said:

I love MX but I think the Era really lasted too long. 2,5 years! Happy it's over so I can remember the Era with nostalgia and mostly, we will see what's in store for us in the next years ? 

i hate eras that only last a few months, so i loved this era x

plus i graduated high school around the time the album came out x

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

I have really enjoyed the Madame X Era as well, it has been something for Madonna and her fans rather than trying to obtain mass market appeal, the tour reflected that mindset. However, I am excited it is finally coming to an end. I think that with the biopic, increased media attention, all the reissues coming in 2022 and proper promotion from Warner for a new potential album down the pipeline, there is tons of stuff to look forward to as Madonna fans.

4 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

I usually love longer eras too, but MX didn't have much happening after the tour till the show got released, in fact I remember genuinely thinking the Era was over after the IDSIF remixes lol

I love when an era has constantly happening things, new singles and videos, performances and events etc

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

I usually love longer eras too, but MX didn't have much happening after the tour till the show got released, in fact I remember genuinely thinking the Era was over after the IDSIF remixes lol

I love when an era has constantly happening things, new singles and videos, performances and events etc

you cant really fault her for that cos the pandemic put an entire halt on literally everything and everyone (at least for those who actually care for public and personal health)

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

Let's not forget Levitating after IDSIF, the Pride photoshoot and event, MTV all cohesive as the fans were asking since Confessions.  

Just want a fun a fresh era with a light photo shoot like the trailer park BBQ. 
Some 80’s influenced songs with killer chorus snd some stadium pop with two incredible ballads. 
12 tracks 4 singles and then a re-edition with 8 new tracks and two new singles. 
Step away from heavy political issues and the white saviour role for a bit. 

fun fun fun…. But no jokes. More of the Madame X stage persona please. 

I still stan the woman but I don't follow her as often as I used to. Maybe just burnout because she'll usually draw me back in and rip my wig off again but the long wait for Madame X and the whole pandemic, I lost interest in a lot of things.

Though, I do love the live versions of MX particularly Killers, I Don't Search, I Find, Future and a few others.

Still anticipating the direction she'll go next and what the anniversary under Warner will bring.

This madame X persona didnt work as well AS the Dita persona. She always having to explain it. Should have done a spy themed video. I didnt get the connection between the songs and videos and Madame X. It seemed like a theme she had with photographers. 

The show incorporated it better, but I am still a bit confused about Madame X. 

When Cher asks "What the is MDMA?" I ask "WHO the fuck is Madame X?".

Let me finish with saying i've loved Madonna for over 30 years. I worship her legacy, but this part of it will be forgotten soon. Hurts me to say but she should lighten the fuck up. Its pop music!!!

7 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I feel like they couldve released a single and more remixes with the live cd. Future or God Control, or even Crazy. Keep the attention on the album. This whole 3-single run is getting kinda old. I was also hoping for Dark Ballet remixes. 

What about Bitch I'm Loca - ItsMiggs Remix?

13 hours ago, Andreo said:

Everytime she went dark in her career she came back right after with a lighthearted, joyous album, so I'm optimistic about M15 being lighter 

If Madame X is her modern American Life, she might come back with a new COADF :Madonna034:

That's always been a recurring thought around here but everytime I try to think about it, it seems a bit wrong to me. COADF for example isn't a light-hearted album. The first part is lighter, then again it has Sorry and don't get me started on the second part, which is heavier. Like A Prayer was followed by Erotica, you can call them dark and deep oftentimes, followed by what? Bedtime Stories? Not exactly joyous and pumpy. Music which came after the dark ROL has a few dance tracks sure but 5/10 songs are depressive. I understand what you mean, it's more about the dance quality and perhaps the way a record is promoted but M rarely puts out something full on joyous and lighthearted. Rebel Heart was a dark record for me, production wise, followed by Madame X which ain't much different haha. 

15 hours ago, Andreo said:

Everytime she went dark in her career she came back right after with a lighthearted, joyous album, so I'm optimistic about M15 being lighter 

If Madame X is her modern American Life, she might come back with a new COADF :Madonna034:

That's when she cared about sales and how the general public would perceive her. She gives zero fucks now. She made an experimental, political album with barely any songs with a traditional pop structure and then toured theaters. I don't think she'll deliver fun and light-hearted next unless that's her artistic vision. To me, every time she did that was damage control rather than her wanting to do it 

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Plus, she can't dance anymore. Like, she can dance alright, but not like she used to be able to, so a dance album isn't a smart idea, cause she need to deliver dancing and high energy for the live performances. That being said, I want it anyway lol 

I think dance is a smart idea. Lots of singers do dance albums who can't dance 

18 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Plus, she can't dance anymore. Like, she can dance alright, but not like she used to be able to, so a dance album isn't a smart idea, cause she need to deliver dancing and high energy for the live performances. That being said, I want it anyway lol 

what do you mean she cant dance anymore ? 

1 minute ago, Fabiolous said:

That's true actually. I mean Dua, Gaga and Kylie just made disco albums

I know and its so tedious and pondering to the gay fans in my opinion ..madonna should never do this ? kylie just keeps farting out disco stuff all of the time - id like a ballad album :) 

Just now, hankypanky2021 said:

what do you mean she cant dance anymore ? 

I know and its so tedious and pondering to the gay fans in my opinion ..madonna should never do this ? kylie just keeps farting out disco stuff all of the time - id like a ballad album :) 

24 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

That's when she cared about sales and how the general public would perceive her. She gives zero fucks now. She made an experimental, political album with barely any songs with a traditional pop structure and then toured theaters. I don't think she'll deliver fun and light-hearted next unless that's her artistic vision. To me, every time she did that was damage control rather than her wanting to do it 

damage control ?? i dont think madonna ever heads into the studio thinking " i have to make a album that is commercial and all the gays will love because of the damage my previous work did  " she makes what she wants to make 

Not another fucking dance album. We have way too many since 2000. I want something with a more classic pop sound that includes some ballads. Something more inspired by Like a Prayer or Bedtime Stories. Im totally burned out on the dance albums and I think Madonna is also, which will reflect in her work. Something  pop that features  one potential high profile collaboration is what im thinking. She needs to go back to a more classic sound but updated, that did wonders for Elton John with his latest project.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

6 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

damage control ?? i dont think madonna ever heads into the studio thinking " i have to make a album that is commercial and all the gays will love because of the damage my previous work did  " she makes what she wants to make 

Confessions was very obvious damage control from American Life. Same with Bedtime Stories.