Ongoing Conversation

RUADJAI

7 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

what do you mean she cant dance anymore ? 

She can't dance very well anymore. She still moves very well, but she doesn't do intense choreography anymore. That's very obvious from watching the Rebel heart tour, Tears of a clown and the Madame X era. She still moves fine, but she is very far from her dancing abilities from pre-2013. I mean she's 64! It's very normal. Actually, she is fitter than normal lol

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

I know and its so tedious and pondering to the gay fans in my opinion ..madonna should never do this ? kylie just keeps farting out disco stuff all of the time - id like a ballad album :) 

I know, i dont think she should do it all the time either, but she could definitely do a pop album with a couple of dance bangers. She doesn't have to do a whole dance album, just a couple of songs would be enough. 

For the love of God not a ballad album. 

9 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

That's always been a recurring thought around here but everytime I try to think about it, it seems a bit wrong to me. COADF for example isn't a light-hearted album. The first part is lighter, then again it has Sorry and don't get me started on the second part, which is heavier. Like A Prayer was followed by Erotica, you can call them dark and deep oftentimes, followed by what? Bedtime Stories? Not exactly joyous and pumpy. Music which came after the dark ROL has a few dance tracks sure but 5/10 songs are depressive. I understand what you mean, it's more about the dance quality and perhaps the way a record is promoted but M rarely puts out something full on joyous and lighthearted. Rebel Heart was a dark record for me, production wise, followed by Madame X which ain't much different haha. 

I understand what you're saying, totally, in fact when I say a lighthearted album, I mean one album which is overall upbeat, less dark and more enjoyable, cause as you said, even the "lighter" albums have dark themes and songs.

Confessions is the clear example, it's seen as easy listenable and the kind of music everyone would love to listen to to just dance, still it has a very serious tone and some very deeper songs and lyrics. Same for Music, but overall you always see this as a fun crazy party album, a "lighter" album. And both arrived after her darkest works to date, ROL and AL, this is why I think she might do something similar this time. She hadn't had an album so dark since these years after all 

And oppositely, I noticed half of MX has lighthearted songs but it's still impossible not to see it overall as a dark and serious work, idk if that makes sense lol

I guess it depends on what you mean by dance. Dance music is a wide category.  I think there is always going to be a dance electronic side to her music. Madonna is associated with clubs and the dance floor in most people’s minds. But it doesn’t have to be a stereotypical disco sound or a rehash of Confessions.  A deep house sound would be interesting. 
I enjoy her ballads, but I don’t want an all down tempo album. I like a range of different tempos. 

5 hours ago, Andreo said:

I understand what you're saying, totally, in fact when I say a lighthearted album, I mean one album which is overall upbeat, less dark and more enjoyable, cause as you said, even the "lighter" albums have dark themes and songs.

Confessions is the clear example, it's seen as easy listenable and the kind of music everyone would love to listen to to just dance, still it has a very serious tone and some very deeper songs and lyrics. Same for Music, but overall you always see this as a fun crazy party album, a "lighter" album. And both arrived after her darkest works to date, ROL and AL, this is why I think she might do something similar this time. She hadn't had an album so dark since these years after all 

And oppositely, I noticed half of MX has lighthearted songs but it's still impossible not to see it overall as a dark and serious work, idk if that makes sense lol

It does make sense to me and I feel like it has to do with the way an album is promoted. You take MDNA for example, a dark divorce record, with heartbreaking songs like Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free and angry songs like Gang Bang, I Don't Give A, Some Girls. You lead it with GMAYL, GGW and TUTR. Suddenly it's a dismissable EDM record like anything on the radio. To a casual listener it's just Madonna wanting to dance. 

American Life was stripped down but it wasn't too radical apart from the title song and a couple others. Suddenly it's a political record. 

Madame X I think is a happier album than both Rebel Heart and MDNA because Madonna was happier making that one and it showed. She was happier in her life. Not a follower, not an illuminati dance zombie. And a fan who will listen carefully and won't dismiss her latest records, will notice that progression. 

44 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Us discussing whereas her next album will be more like "Ray of light" or like "Confessions" VS reality :

She will make a rap track featuring Malik and Doja cat, the video will be her playing the dominatrix dressed in leather and will be shot by Steven Klein, she will give free tickets of her next promo tour when you buy the track so she is #1 worldwide during 24 hours, then she will be at 8 the next day, then 53 then out of the charts within one week, she will keep on saying thank you on instagram for making her new artistic record a #1 sucess worldwide, fans will be divided between those who hate the track and blame Guy O and those who force themselves to like it and never miss a chance to comment how brilliant the song is and those who say otherwise are racist or agist.  She will get a nose job cause that's the only feature left she hasn't modified and fans will say that 'as you get over 60 your nose tends to get thinner and it's a natural process' you know you know... Here you have the next era. Thank you goodnight.

She can still have some chart success if she actually plays her cards right. I think that some fans tend to forget that MDNA suffered from almost no promotion and still managed to produce a top ten hit, even though it was a mediocre track compared to Girls Gone Wild. With Warner on her side who will actually be doing real promotion and a proper collaboration, its a possibility. Not that having chart success even matters anymore, she has nothing to prove at this stage in her life. She just needs to solidify her persona and legacy in the public eye before we can start thinking about any new album. The Biopic, the reissues and any potential special events and promotional appearances will be a step in the right direction. I just feel that there was some very mediocre efforts by Interscope to really push what she was doing out there, even Rebel Heart, which suffered from those initial leaks massively has sold over one million copies as of today. Just look at Elton John and his recent hit for example, Madonna also needs to focus on increasing her presence in the streaming world. These days you need Spotify to chart. 

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

On 10/23/2021 at 4:17 AM, Blond Ambition said:

She can still have some chart success if she actually plays her cards right. I think that some fans tend to forget that MDNA suffered from almost no promotion and still managed to produce a top ten hit, even though it was a mediocre track compared to Girls Gone Wild. With Warner on her side who will actually be doing real promotion and a proper collaboration, its a possibility. Not that having chart success even matters anymore, she has nothing to prove at this stage in her life. She just needs to solidify her persona and legacy in the public eye before we can start thinking about any new album. The Biopic, the reissues and any potential special events and promotional appearances will be a step in the right direction. I just feel that there was some very mediocre efforts by Interscope to really push what she was doing out there, even Rebel Heart, which suffered from those initial leaks massively has sold over one million copies as of today. Just look at Elton John and his recent hit for example, Madonna also needs to focus on increasing her presence in the streaming world. These days you need Spotify to chart. 

her contract with interscope was mostly for touring so this is prob why they didnt pay a lot of money to push the work etc etc .i dont know i just dont think she thrives for hits anymore ..i see her going down the david bowie road making experimental music ..we will prob get something pop in her next record to support her film and that era and i think a big tour - possibly her last big tour 

10 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

her contract with interscope was mostly for touring so this is prob why they didnt pay a lot of money to push the work etc etc .i dont know i just dont think she thrives for hits anymore ..i see her going down the david bowie road making experimental music ..we will prob get something pop in her next record to support her film and that era and i think a big tour - possibly her last big tour 

If she does another big tour to support her movie, I want to see it being a greatest hits type of a thing with spectacular visuals. She can call it the Legacy Tour. Just think about how many records she could break with a world tour like that, it would be a huge success. This biopic, reissues and really big tour would be the perfect way to solidify her legacy in the public eye. Once she does that, I think that she can do whatever she wants in terms of super experimental stuff if she wants, I would really like to see one more big pop album from her though. 

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

If she does another big tour to support her movie, I want to see it being a greatest hits type of a thing with spectacular visuals. She can call it the Legacy Tour. Just think about how many records she could break with a world tour like that, it would be a huge success. This biopic, reissues and really big tour would be the perfect way to solidify her legacy in the public eye. Once she does that, I think that she can do whatever she wants in terms of super experimental stuff if she wants.

3 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

If she does another big tour to support her movie, I want to see it being a greatest hits type of a thing with spectacular visuals. She can call it the Legacy Tour. Just think about how many records she could break with a world tour like that, it would be a huge success. This biopic, reissues and really big tour would be the perfect way to solidify her legacy in the public eye. Once she does that, I think that she can do whatever she wants in terms of super experimental stuff if she wants.

I think this will be the plan and she could do a cher and elton and say its her last ever for 100 years :) 

1 minute ago, hankypanky2021 said:

I think this will be the plan and she could do a cher and elton and say its her last ever for 100 years :) 

Since its gonna be some time before we actually get the biopic, im just wondering what us fans have to look forward to in the meantime? I mean we obviously have the reissues but I was gonna ask if you know about anything else in the pipeline or heard any rumors?

24 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

Since its gonna be some time before we actually get the biopic, im just wondering what us fans have to look forward to in the meantime? I mean we obviously have the reissues but I was gonna ask if you know about anything else in the pipeline or heard any rumors?

I dont think we will be getting any new music from her for a while  , i do not think she is inspired to make new music - ive not heard anything 

I wish Madonna would hook up with Sufjan Stevens for her next music project and the people behind the new Taylor Swift albums (Aaron Dessner and his brother Bryce whom have worked with Sufjan Stevens too). I think this would be an interesting move. Include Joe Henri and Pat Leonard in the writing and maybe Mirwais for a few tracks. A mix of new electronica, folk, soul, traditional pop and doo-wop! Maybe a tinge of rockabilly, honky tonk and gospel. I would live! I also dream it to be interesting if she wrote a song or two with Alanis Morissette (kind of retrospective). Pet Shop Boys is also on my list for potential collaborators.

I think Madonna is still very capable and might delve further into this theatre style of presenting her music, or even be inspired by the ABBAtars! I love the smaller surprise artistic performances done recently. It seems very impromptu and artsy--even if its limited in accessibility, I admire that she is still doing it.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, GregVsMatt said:

'every fucking time' was just on her first tour, the same arangemenrt every night 36 years ago - it's not like she has perfroming it on multiple tours the same way - fans would be happy with any version 4 decades later

Yeah, except for the other 2 times she performed it (Re-Invention Tour & Rebel Heart Tour), when she performed it...with an electric guitar.

I may be in the minority here, but no matter who she works with, from here on out I'd love to see Mirwais as the Executive Producer with her. There's a certain magic they have together that no other producer has been able to replicate in recent years. Her most interesting work since 2000 has always been with him, and though Stuart Price did a phenomenal job with Confessions and would be a welcome return, I'd still love to hear Mirwais involved with his stuff (Future Lovers and Let It Will Be are highlights from Confessions). I feel like he gets Madonna as a producer better than anyone and would love for her to bring in a new producer / songwriter or two, but he should still co-produce and help oversee the end product. Imagine his involvement on songs like Devil Pray, Illuminati, or Iconic? Or Gang Bang? He gives her a unique sound that sets her apart better than anyone else she works with nowadays. No other producer nor popstar could pull off songs like God Control, Killers Who Are Partying, or IDSIF (yes, yes, I know it sounds like an Erotica song, but that Music-era ebbing bass is pure him). 

15 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I don't even know. What is the frozen challenge? Everyone is doing something different to the remix, so I don't really understand. 

Madonna herself is promoting the challenge, check out her social media. Pretty smart move if you ask me, she waited till the remix got popular and then pounced on it and is now using it. She needs to release it as a single.

17 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

Madonna herself is promoting the challenge, check out her social media. Pretty smart move if you ask me, she waited till the remix got popular and then pounced on it and is now using it. She needs to release it as a single.

what is the challenge though  , is it just to dance to it ?