Ongoing Conversation

RUADJAI

55 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

what is the challenge though  , is it just to dance to it ?

Its tiktok related, im not on tiktok but all the people who are doing the challenge are syncing themselves in videos to align with the song. Rhianna was one of the ones who did Madonna's challenge I think.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/27/2021 at 4:24 AM, Blond Ambition said:

Its tiktok related, im not on tiktok but all the people who are doing the challenge are syncing themselves in videos to align with the song. Rhianna was one of the ones who did Madonna's challenge I think.

Rihanna didn’t. Madonna did not promote the challenge well on TikTok, she did not use the remix audio everybody use there.

This challenge had no success, poor social media manager. I would have done way better and I’m not an expert. It’s a pity because it was a nice idea.

Edited by Loru (see edit history)

On 10/25/2021 at 8:56 PM, Rory said:

I wish Madonna would hook up with Sufjan Stevens for her next music project and the people behind the new Taylor Swift albums (Aaron Dessner and his brother Bryce whom have worked with Sufjan Stevens too). I think this would be an interesting move. Include Joe Henri and Pat Leonard in the writing and maybe Mirwais for a few tracks. A mix of new electronica, folk, soul, traditional pop and doo-wop! Maybe a tinge of rockabilly, honky tonk and gospel. I would live! I also dream it to be interesting if she wrote a song or two with Alanis Morissette (kind of retrospective). Pet Shop Boys is also on my list for potential collaborators.

I think Madonna is still very capable and might delve further into this theatre style of presenting her music, or even be inspired by the ABBAtars! I love the smaller surprise artistic performances done recently. It seems very impromptu and artsy--even if its limited in accessibility, I admire that she is still doing it.

That’s exactly the problem! Instead of trying to work with real geniuses like Sufjan she goes and work with so-call geniuses like Kanye. Even when she chooses mildly talented people like Maluma the results are…disappointing. She probably really thinks Bitch I’m Loca is a cool track. 

28 minutes ago, madaboutM said:

That’s exactly the problem! Instead of trying to work with real geniuses like Sufjan she goes and work with so-call geniuses like Kanye. Even when she chooses mildly talented people like Maluma the results are…disappointing. She probably really thinks Bitch I’m Loca is a cool track. 

Bitch I'm Loca is better than anything she's done after Confessions. (besides other Madame X songs) 

Animated GIF

On 10/25/2021 at 11:56 PM, Rory said:

I wish Madonna would hook up with Sufjan Stevens for her next music project and the people behind the new Taylor Swift albums (Aaron Dessner and his brother Bryce whom have worked with Sufjan Stevens too). I think this would be an interesting move. Include Joe Henri and Pat Leonard in the writing and maybe Mirwais for a few tracks. A mix of new electronica, folk, soul, traditional pop and doo-wop! Maybe a tinge of rockabilly, honky tonk and gospel. I would live! I also dream it to be interesting if she wrote a song or two with Alanis Morissette (kind of retrospective). Pet Shop Boys is also on my list for potential collaborators.

I think Madonna is still very capable and might delve further into this theatre style of presenting her music, or even be inspired by the ABBAtars! I love the smaller surprise artistic performances done recently. It seems very impromptu and artsy--even if its limited in accessibility, I admire that she is still doing it.

Joe Henry has been seriously ill. I don’t see that happening. The Mirwais stuff has to end already. Patrick, yes, her best collaborator who has never let her down along with a new producer. PSB are 80s and that’s played out big time. She needs Patrick for lyrics and melodies. Enough trying to get on radio. It ain’t gonna happen. She’s better off making something classic that will get her critical acclaim. Making disposable tunes for radio that radio won’t play is a waste of time. 

The breath work part of the the show is such a dreadful bore. I’ve seen better at any random high school senior dance recital by some weird poser art kid trying to be ‘eDgY’. ? Couldn’t believe that someone with access to literally every great choreographer in the world, with the most incredible dancers in the world, would choose to put something like that out there.

That said, I’ve quite enjoyed the Madame X era. I knew she wouldn’t have ‘hits’ but I don’t care about that anymore. I’m just glad the woman is still around, creating art and pissing people off. Myself included.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:33 PM, madaboutM said:

Madonna does not think that Bitch I'm Loca is Like a Prayer 2.0 but I actually like the song.  It is filler yes but better filler than most artists.  Look at Cher or Janet Jackson.  Yikes.  Bitch I'm Loca is a gem compared to any song off off their last three albums each.  It is well produced an fun.

5 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

true, but what i mean is gays don't obsess over her as much

I think it's the kooky vibe. Gays are too obsessed with trying to be bougie and voguing to bitch tracks. 

Bring Ya to the Brink was a fantastic response to Confessions on a Dancefloor that alot of people missed too unfortunately. 

Albumism_CyndiLauper_BringYaToTheBrink_M

11 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

It is filler yes but better filler than most artists.  Look at Cher or Janet Jackson.  Yikes.  Bitch I'm Loca is a gem compared to any song off off their last three albums each.

I find these comparisons ridiculous. Madonna fans always think that Madonna is on the level of high art icons like David Bowie, but when we need to justify average songs, then it's time to compare her to Janet.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:19 AM, RUADJAI said:

I think it's the kooky vibe. Gays are too obsessed with trying to be bougie and voguing to bitch tracks. 

Bring Ya to the Brink was a fantastic response to Confessions on a Dancefloor that alot of people missed too unfortunately. 

Albumism_CyndiLauper_BringYaToTheBrink_M

I didn't even know she made music after Girls just wanna have fun and True colors